PDA

View Full Version : Are Super Bolts worth it?

PowerFedMag
12-20-2001, 02:54 PM
Hey, I was thinking of getting a SuperBolt fer my RT...
First off, If I ordered one now, would they have the defective length that chops balls or whatever?

Also, how well these deralin sleaves work\last? I don't wanna have to spend $15 for a replacement 2x a year, that's just not right.

How much kickback is reduced? What are other good things?

Tell me what ya think, cuz the sleaves costin so much is a big turn off, but then a lot less recoil sounds cool...heh, help is appreciated.

Miscue
12-20-2001, 03:04 PM
If you order one from the AGD store now, it will be the proper length.

It's a high performance item, and it will wear over time... particularly if you play frequently. Sometimes that's just the way things work... look at performance tires for example. Getting the best comes at a price. The Superbolt is well worth it I'd say... I was happy with it the day I got it.

The Mag Man
12-20-2001, 03:07 PM
If you ask me I would say the bolts are not worth it. Two main reasons: 1.) The derlin sleeve, you are right, paying to replace the thing 2 or more times a year does suck. 2.) The cost: $50 is a lot of money for something that needs replaced, also, that much $ for less recoil? Ask your self this, whats wrong with how your RT shoots now? Nothing. You already get great speed with an RT. I don't even notice recoil AT ALL in my Automag. It shoots great already, so in my opinion there is no need to go spend $50 of your/parent's hard earned money. Take that money and go have a great day of paintball.:)

Miscue
12-20-2001, 03:17 PM
You don't replace the whole thing at $50 a shot, just the sleeve. It's not going to be that expensive... about a nickel a day for every time you replace it... if even that. But I guess if you're that tight on cash, then yeah... it's not something you MUST have... just like you don't HAVE to have a revy or something (which costs you more in batteries than those sleeves ever could) If you can't afford that, then you won't be able to afford enough paint to shoot and cause enough wear to justify a replacement. Twice a year replacement is like for those crazy fools who play FREQUENTLY.

The Mag Man
12-20-2001, 03:35 PM
I'm just saying I don't think its worth $50, it doesn't do that much. Especialy on an RT, already get great speed, don't need faster recharge on bolt. And recoil isn't a big issue. There isn't that much to begin with. Not worth it if you ask me. But thats just my opinion, and don't try to change that.

Shaft
12-20-2001, 03:43 PM
It's nice, it works. But the improvement is marginal. A good upgrade for anyone looking for improvement to the nth degree.
Otherwise not worth the cash.

AGDmagman2001
12-20-2001, 04:57 PM
If I was replacing my current bolt for some reason I would get one since there are only $20 more that regualar bolts but I won't just buy one for the reason of upgrading. My two cents.;)

AGD
12-20-2001, 04:58 PM
You can always just stick with your stainless bolt that will last forever. Yes the delrin wears out just like in every other marker. The sleeve will be about 15 bucks to replace. We shipped out 60 of them just today and are waiting for more to come in tommorow.

AGD

Omicron
12-20-2001, 06:52 PM
I just ordered a superbolt, should be shipped out tomorrow. :D

how much are the sleeves? are they available yet, and how much for like a 3 pack, or whatever pack you're selling them in?

BONESisAgod
12-20-2001, 07:31 PM
The price is pretty steep if you ask me. Can anyone name enough problems with my stainless RT bolt to make me wanna pay $50 to get a new one? I dont play much, but when i play i play hard and im very hard on my gun and its insides. I know its for performance but I need something that I dont have to worry about dieing on me, like my revvy batteries...

ah137
12-20-2001, 08:27 PM
yes

Russ
12-20-2001, 10:19 PM
You pay your $55, and you get a gun with noticably less recoil. Less recoil can help give better accuracy, but that's not a guaranty. The SuperBolt isn't about value, it's about high performance.

Phil
12-21-2001, 02:02 AM
I purchased a superbolt yesterday. I went from a Tippmann M98 to an Automag RT to my current gun the E-Mag. Compaired to my Tippmann, which has a good deal of recoil, my two AGD guns fired incredibly smooth. About 1 month ago two of my good friends upgraded from their tippmans to Impulses. I fired the Impulse and was amazed at how they fired basically without any recoil. Firing the Impulse really made me notice the vibration when firing the E-Mag. There is really no recoil (in the dictionary sense of the word as it pertains to firearms) when you fire an AGD gun. What I feel mostly is just a little vibration with each firing as the bolt slams into the spring.

damageinc54
12-21-2001, 12:05 PM
I have not noticed any difference in recoil with my EMag using the delrin bolt rather than the SS bolt. I also tried it in my RT and still saw no difference. Save your money.

Dragoon
12-21-2001, 12:12 PM
I Have noticed a difference when shooting stings with my emag. I tend to hold my emag lightly and the recoil was always noticeable. It caused my barrel to jump in the initial part of the string. Now I find I don't notice the jump and I stay on target that little bit better. For me it's worth it.

Douglas

DjGruv
12-21-2001, 12:27 PM
Wear out? I have a bushy and some of my friends have cockers,angels, and matrixes and the bolts never where out.

FaSSt
12-21-2001, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by DjGruv
Wear out? I have a bushy and some of my friends have cockers,angels, and matrixes and the bolts never where out.

The difference is that on those guns you don't have a spring surrounding the bolt, as you do with a Mag. It's the edges of the spring that wear on the bolt - this is why the spring that comes with the Superbolt is polished.

For all of those who have concerns about bolt wear, I would suggest sanding down the edges of the bolt. This will greatly decrease if not elinimate any wear issues.

Muzikman
12-21-2001, 03:38 PM
It's funny...people will run out and spend $50 on an ANS bolt which does NOTHING. Yet, AGD makes a bolt that does accually do something and people say it cost too much money. People are strange...

Dragoon
12-21-2001, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Muzikman
It's funny...people will run out and spend $50 on an ANS bolt which does NOTHING. Yet, AGD makes a bolt that does accually do something and people say it cost too much money. People are strange...

Dito..

toymyster
12-21-2001, 04:44 PM
Agreed, as everyone says, this bolt is not for everyone!!! If you don't want to spent the money, don't!!! My only question is do we have an average lifespan on these things??? In terms of approximately how many shots before they have to be replaces???

Oregon_pb_
12-21-2001, 05:51 PM
I didn't really notice the kick in my emag, till i put the warp on there.

Now i'm doing like a kagilian balls per second and it kicks a little.

Can't wait for my bolt to arrive.

MINIMAGMAN
12-21-2001, 05:53 PM
you gotta be pretty weak to feel any recoil on a mag its ridiculous how smooth it shoots i dont think about the things like recoil when i fire. I dont complain about the guns recoil if i miss my target, or get out so i dont NEED the bolt. maybe i'll serve a reference to the people who arent sure

Butterfingers
12-22-2001, 12:52 AM

Thats because AGD bolts don't come with magical elves that increase range and accuracy.

FooTemps
12-22-2001, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Butterfingers

Thats because AGD bolts don't come with magical elves that increase range and accuracy.

Don't be a pw...:rolleyes:

Beaver
12-22-2001, 02:31 AM
PW as in Post Whore? Look who's talking...

damageinc54
12-22-2001, 02:36 AM
Post Whore???? I like that :)

Butterfingers
12-22-2001, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by FooTemps

Don't be a pw...:rolleyes:

Thats ok people call me a whore all the time in real life.

PowerFedMag
12-22-2001, 09:11 PM

OK, maybe the people don't know that the ANS bolt stinks and they don't use this forum, and maybe people like me (who don't consider the ANS bolt even an option) think that a new $50 bolt, with sleaves that WILL need to be replaced at $15 a piece is too expensive...wierd like that.
You've been showed up by: PowerFedMag

OldSchoolMag
12-28-2001, 11:15 AM
Look, the bolt is lighter not only to reduce recoil, but to increase bolt speed. Bolt speed increase means the ball has more time to drop into the chamber. The ball having more time means less chopping. I have NO IDEA if the ANS bolt does this, but I haven't heard any body saying that it DOES. You don't need the bolt, no, but then again, you don't even need to upgrade your gun, do you? You don't NEED paintball (well, that's debatable) but you still do it to improve life, enjoyment, whatever! If people like the bolt, good for them! If they hate it, good for them! Let people do what they want, play how they want, shoot what they want - have fun, play hard. Paintball isn't meant to completely crush the competition, it's meant to have fun ... isn't it?

damageinc54
12-28-2001, 11:23 AM
Check out the two different threads that just got started about cracked superbolt sleeves and ask yourself how badly you want to buy one. It think it is a waste of money