PDA

View Full Version : E-Mag Grip Frame

RapidTransit
05-27-2006, 08:24 AM
When I was handing over my E-Mag to my sisters fiance I noticed something quite obvious but it strikes me as wierd why the E-Mag had a nice curved grip frame while my X-Mag looks like it was modeled after a hyperframe, almost ugly in comparison to the E-Mag. With so much work and expense in making X-Mags how come the curved style grip frame was dropped? I did a search and came up with nothing.

Jonno06
05-27-2006, 08:31 AM
my guess is either the curved grip was 1)a clammy, or 2)supposed to be ergonomic, but they switched frames when going to the xmag most likely because it either cut weight down, and made it look a lot better(in my opinion)...or both.

Rudz
05-27-2006, 08:53 AM
Wieght..ule emags and cnc xmags have the straight back frame...its lighter....

RRfireblade
05-27-2006, 09:19 AM
Yes, the curved frames are older and heavier . The current frames are 'ULE' for weight reduction. Funny how it's an upgrade to get less metal. :D

magman007
05-27-2006, 11:36 AM
not to mention the curved frames had very thin safty material, and would break easily, rendering the safty very hard to use, and relatively useless.

REDRT
05-27-2006, 02:32 PM
not to mention the curved frames had very thin safty material, and would break easily, rendering the safty very hard to use, and relatively useless.

This might be true. My brother dinked his up and now it isn't right. Safety looks to be on, but it will fire...