PDA

View Full Version : Where to find Barrel Adapters?

PatG
05-27-2006, 01:13 PM
I'm interested in a barrel adapter to go from the Twist-Lock to 'Cocker threading. Where could I find one, and what kind of cost would I be looking at?

Would it really be worth it, or would it be better just to save up for a ULE mainbody? Thanks in advance; I appreciate the help.

Regards,
Patg.

Chaos_Theory!
05-27-2006, 03:21 PM
Doc made some but i believe he sold nearly all of them. Not to long ago someoen made a thread looking for one as well and i think he said he still had a few that didnt make it onto ebay. You may want to contact him soon if he has any cus i dont think hes making more.

Beemer
05-27-2006, 03:24 PM
Here is link

http://www.docsmachine.com/gear/maggit.html

Chaos_Theory!
05-27-2006, 03:41 PM
Most of the stuff in his store he doesnt even have in stock anymore. Id just email him or something to see if he has any.

I sent him an email saying i wanted to buy a flashpoint tip but he didnt have any even though he had it in his store.

Luckily i just bought what seems to be the last new flashpoint tip ever. Doc said he didnt have any and i doubt hell have more anytime soon if ever again.

Its kind of sad to see Doc has pretty much stopped making a lot of paintball stuff and is selling most of his stuff off on ebay.

Doc Nickel
05-29-2006, 02:16 AM
That's because most of it didn't sell.

Mr. Kaye mentioned the same thing on this very board- huge public response to a proposed new widget, translated directly into almost no sales.

It took me two years to sell the first small batch of barrel adapters. It took me almost as long to sell less than a hundred Flashpoints. I had the last 22 of my 15 degree ASAs sitting here for a year since the last one was ordered.

It costs me thousands to have a run of parts made, and then I get little or no return as they sit there and trickle out the door at one a month or less.

Like my X-Ray posters. I had a great page-and-a-half writeup on them in an issue of PGI last year. A magazine with a circulation of something like 30,000. Know how many sales I got from that writeup?

None at all.

From the day the magazine hit the subscribers, it was probably two months before the next single poster sold. No bump in traffic, no extra pageviews.

I can't keep throwing money I don't have at product that doesn't sell until I knock it down to cost and stick it on eBay.

Yes, I know I need to update the store. I need to do a lot of things. But at the moment, I do still have some barrel adapters on hand. Drop me an E-mail if you're interested.

Doc.

REDRT
05-29-2006, 06:21 AM
That's because most of it didn't sell.

Mr. Kaye mentioned the same thing on this very board- huge public response to a proposed new widget, translated directly into almost no sales.

It took me two years to sell the first small batch of barrel adapters. It took me almost as long to sell less than a hundred Flashpoints. I had the last 22 of my 15 degree ASAs sitting here for a year since the last one was ordered.

It costs me thousands to have a run of parts made, and then I get little or no return as they sit there and trickle out the door at one a month or less.

Like my X-Ray posters. I had a great page-and-a-half writeup on them in an issue of PGI last year. A magazine with a circulation of something like 30,000. Know how many sales I got from that writeup?

None at all.

From the day the magazine hit the subscribers, it was probably two months before the next single poster sold. No bump in traffic, no extra pageviews.

I can't keep throwing money I don't have at product that doesn't sell until I knock it down to cost and stick it on eBay.

Yes, I know I need to update the store. I need to do a lot of things. But at the moment, I do still have some barrel adapters on hand. Drop me an E-mail if you're interested.

Doc.

I had seen the barrel adaptor in APG sometime ago. It was like a god send to see such a thing. So I ordered it right away. Unfutunity at the time I only had one mag and I haven't need another one in the last couple of years. Still a great product. I thought they would've sold like hotcakes. Bummer for all that they didn't...