PDA

View Full Version : bolt stick??

lifeguard_12_86
05-27-2006, 08:08 PM
x valve, the lvl x is tuned right, but i think my bolt is scraping on the top of my ule body, the ano is scraped off of the top of the inside and i think that the bolt is scraping the ano off and sticking on the raw alluminum, i have tried to use hater suace on the top too, but it still sticks, does anybody have any clue why this would happen?

surfbum
05-27-2006, 08:16 PM
you may have tightened the frame screw and valve screw too tight
the valve thumb screw should not be tightened more than you can do with your fingers
and the frame screw should be tightened to match

if the screws are too tight it can affect the tolerances and maybe even flex the ULE body making the bolt scrap

lifeguard_12_86
05-27-2006, 08:51 PM
i know, i love my mag, but ive been really tight on money lately, ive been using my pm5 which works great, but i just dont have the money to spend on another body, plus i need money for a car, so i think shes going up for sale, unless there is another way i could make it work with the current body, anybody have any ideas how i could make it work with out buying a new body?

REDRT
05-27-2006, 09:30 PM
What are you doing tomorrow? A few of as are going to this hereAo shing ding (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=196251) I'm sure we can get it up and going for you...

lifeguard_12_86
05-28-2006, 12:19 AM
id love to go, if i werent busy, and it was closer, i usually play at Stalker mostly, i tried my classic valve, and it does the same thing, so im going to try to see if i can do anything else, otherwise shes going up for sale, i really hate to see it go, but i kinda have to