PDA

View Full Version : Angled Power Feed on the RT?

EvilErnie
12-20-2001, 04:37 PM
I was looking in some mag the other day ans saw an RT with a sloped or angled power feed. Whats up with this and does it give you any advantages. Also if they make it, why have I not seen many?

AGD
12-20-2001, 04:55 PM
We put those on the very first RT's that came out in 96. They broke paint and we ended up replacing them. The only ones left are from people who refused to give them up.

AGD

nutz
12-20-2001, 10:02 PM
lol refused to give them up...

TheBigRaguPB4L
12-20-2001, 10:42 PM
what do you mean sloped or angled? aren't they all?

EvilErnie
12-20-2001, 10:42 PM
Kinda makes them a collectors item...lol....

EvilErnie
12-20-2001, 10:46 PM
Instead of the power feed going straight across the body, they were angled at what looked like a 45 degree slope back towards the reg. looked really cool. But looks dont win tourneys, and if they broke paint, then I bet people were cusin...maybe someone has a pic somewhere of one...

Bad Dave
12-21-2001, 04:30 AM
Hmmm? Broke paint?

I thought this came about cos a bunch of them got through QC that did indeed break paint, the problem was cleared up but by this stage the damage was done and no-one wanted one any more.

I thought the rest of them out there did not have problems.

I am confused:confused:

PsychoMag
12-21-2001, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by Bad Dave
Hmmm? Broke paint?

I thought this came about cos a bunch of them got through QC that did indeed break paint, the problem was cleared up but by this stage the damage was done and no-one wanted one any more.

I thought the rest of them out there did not have problems.

I am confused:confused:

I feel the need to interject my $.02 in this one.

When RT's first hit the market, this swept powerfeed caused several problems with broken paint. The AGD name was tarnished in a matter of the short time frame of about 6months til they were all fixed. When they were vertical again, they shot perfectly, but already was washed out by the nicknames such as "chopper" or "blender"

I think now the RT and AGD are moving forward by leaps and bounds. In my instance, I stayed with my mag instead of getting an RT. I broke down and got the RT Pro last year. I was the only RT, and one of a few mag users in my area. Since then members of my own team have put down their markers and bought RT's. I now have a total of 4 RT's and about 4 mags out of 15 players. That number grows every tourney when I explain how well the RT actually works, I put my "Tweaked" RT to the test over and over again against all types of markers and I am happy to say that I am converting alot of players back to AGD...

See ya in the middle
:)

manike
12-21-2001, 07:44 AM
There was indeed a few QC issues on the hi rise bodies as they were known.

I still have one that works great. The trouble was there were several parts which needed to be aligned perfectly. A few in the early days were not and thus balls hung up and got broken.

I remember 'cleaning up' one or two bodies with a dremel and thus problem solved.

If I ever I get around to sorting out my digital camera I will take some pictures for you all.

manike

Bad Dave
12-21-2001, 08:54 AM
Thanks for clearing that up Manike,

I have a high rise and it seems to work fine, as the only time I have chopped is while shooting extended strings at fast BPS using gravity feed.

manike
12-21-2001, 10:27 AM
One other point with the hi rise was that if you leant it over to one side it didn't feed as well as the standard powerfeed would. But that was never that great an issue for me.

It was nice that it let you sight down the top of the body.

It also looked 'raked' back and cool :)

manike

Dragoon
12-21-2001, 11:41 AM
Are you guys talking about this..

http://www.riversidewoodworks.com/files/RT_close_up_of_posted_pf_sm.gif

Another one of my collection. Well actually not any more. I'm mailing it out today to the new owner. Can you belive I sold this for $250! I would of asked for more, but it has a leak that I didn't want to bother fixing.

Douglas.

speedballbanks
12-21-2001, 01:59 PM
yup here is one too\/

speedballbanks
12-21-2001, 01:59 PM
but if i am mistaken arent they called high rises?

speedballbanks
12-21-2001, 02:01 PM
and another \/

manike
12-21-2001, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by manike
There was indeed a few QC issues on the hi rise bodies as they were known.

Originally posted by manike
One other point with the hi rise was ...

I wonder if anyone actually reads threads anymore... :rolleyes:

manike :)

speedballbanks
12-21-2001, 02:26 PM
i read i just kept scrolling when i saw manike ;)