PDA

View Full Version : how do you...

Nimec
12-20-2001, 05:29 PM
im still kinda new to the mag and i was wondering how you remove the regulator pitson assembely. see i just got a new 8 hole mod and it didnt come with anything so i have to put all the old stuff in the new body. frustration can hurt. any help would be much apreciated, i would hate to break something. thanks.

virus
12-20-2001, 07:21 PM
easy way.... dont change to the 8hole mod....

it doesn't increase the performance of your mag unless it is a level 5 or lower.... and those have not been around in many years now.....

the 8 hole mod was made because back in the day the air holes in the reg and air chamber didn't line up right at times and the idea of the 8 hole was that with it you may get lucky and have one line up.....
sence the lv6 mags... this mod is now pretty much useless... if you are thinking more holes the better... it still dont matter because there is still only one hole in the end that the air can go through anyway....

Nimec
12-20-2001, 07:26 PM
that dosnt quite help but thanks for the advice.

PyRo
12-20-2001, 08:11 PM
It doesn't help. Take the reg pin deale (big pin thing between the two valve halfs). Stick that in the reg seat, the room between the reg seat and the pin is what the air has to travel through. This is what causes shootdown.

My advice would be to try and get your money back and put it twords a revie or nitro.

If your going to do it anyway. Take out the nut in the back, then take out the spring pack. For the reg piston, just bang it on the table a bit, and it will come most of the way out, then you can just grab it with something. Then put the piston in the 8-hole (o-ring side goes in first), then put the spring pack in, then replace the nut and your done.

Nimec
12-21-2001, 12:48 PM
got it to work. thanks