PDA

View Full Version : Deadlywind Marker

SPY 1
05-31-2006, 07:23 AM
Deadlywind is about to work/or is working on a new marker which has to come out next year on the market. Here is a prototype. What one sees in the back, will not move probably...

Detail:
- more easily than 1.6 lbs
- new spoolvalve platform
- Antichoosystem similarl to the AGD Level10

http://img470.imageshack.us/img470/2917/gun5yj.jpg

tippmannsniper-
05-31-2006, 07:31 AM
cant see

SPY 1
05-31-2006, 07:33 AM
ok I have hosted on another site check it now.

stonersr26
05-31-2006, 07:45 AM
Well, yay that they are finally able to get a marker put together without someone have a hissy fit, but it looks like a milled Defiant. I would rather have seen somethin a little more unique from the designers of the Dallara and Chord. Oh well thats cool.

Major Ho
05-31-2006, 07:45 AM
Swanky. Ill probably end up buying one :(

Mercenario
05-31-2006, 07:56 AM
Best news I've heard in a long time :clap:

neppo1345
05-31-2006, 08:55 AM
Yeah...he's been teasing us with it for a shile over at the guild...

I can't wait to see more than an audio file :)

Ydna
05-31-2006, 09:48 AM
I beleive he said the name he picked out was Aedes, though I suppose it may be changed.

CKY_Alliance
05-31-2006, 09:56 AM
why lvl 10 like anti chop..put eyes in that biatch...well i assume its electronic seeing it's spool valve like?

SummaryJudgement
05-31-2006, 11:26 AM
Hotness. I'd buy one just Deadlywind has done such a great job with all of their other items....

.Rage.
05-31-2006, 11:38 AM
Is it just me or does it look like an alien interceptor and an ego put togather???

tyrion2323
05-31-2006, 11:39 AM
why lvl 10 like anti chop..put eyes in that biatch...well i assume its electronic seeing it's spool valve like?
Agreed. Lots hot! Depending on when it's done, I'd definitely consider buying one in the future, although I'd like to see a bit more of an elongated snatch grip on there.

But...is it an electro...? I know that DW has been into the pneumatic thing for a while - perhaps it's non-electro?

Looks nice, no matter what it is.

rkjunior303
05-31-2006, 12:29 PM
I saw this over on the tinkerer's guild.. lots of people are using those merlin extrusions these days! i'm looking forward to seeing how it shoots ;) looks light!

UTDragun
05-31-2006, 01:33 PM
im pretty sure it will have eyes,
but you forgot the 83 cps clip...

http://www.deadlywind.com/files/misc/83cps.wav

Quoted from TG post from Nicad
designing this one on and off for about 5 months.
Only took 5 days to build it. :)
Needs a lot of cleanup.. is still raw off the mill.

stats:
Weight (w/o reg/barrel/hopper/tank): 15.8 oz (yep- under 1 lb!)
Less than 7" x 7"
Reciprocating mass: 8g (new record?)
Full shot cycle: 18.4ms (54+ cps)
PSI: ~280 @300fps
Shots per 68/45: ~1500
Strip-clean upper tract with the pull of a pin.
Mechanical 2-stage anti-chop
Tested full auto at 26bps w/reloader B (Qloader on the way)

Carbon Blue
05-31-2006, 01:39 PM
:wow: 83 cps!!

dahoeb
05-31-2006, 02:02 PM
looks fantastic, i'd definately be up for buying one. if it has an ACS half as good as my LX, i don't even care if eyes are on there. my LX has NEVER failed me (except that one time...we don't talk about that time though....)

but yeah, outstanding looking marker

REDRT
05-31-2006, 02:12 PM
Two thing are against it for me. Stacked design and not AGD. I like the trigger frame. I wonder if one could get something like that for a mag?

Cow hunter
05-31-2006, 02:19 PM
i think this may be next years ego! perhaps deadlywind will become a major comany like planet eclipse?

latches109
05-31-2006, 02:20 PM
cool congrats to nicad! :clap:

p_aint_fun
05-31-2006, 03:22 PM
Looks nice but I hate it when my hopper is bigger than my marker... :tard:

ThePixelGuru
05-31-2006, 03:43 PM
That's hot. With Deadlywind's track record for gear, I might pick one up...

Any word on price?

Maggot6
05-31-2006, 04:01 PM
I really hope this gets Nicad and whoever else dwells within there a good chunk of money. They deserve alot of business for their products.

REDRT
05-31-2006, 04:17 PM
Somebody like PTP will put the kibosh it.

person1
05-31-2006, 04:19 PM
Anyone know what the price of these things are gonna be like?

Rudz
05-31-2006, 05:07 PM
teh hotness.... :clap:

mr.mag218
05-31-2006, 07:34 PM
i held it :p someone from pbx had it. sweet gun, im definately buying it.

Pyroboy597
05-31-2006, 07:44 PM
I think they should offer it in different milling types since they are so infamous for their crazy-good milling. That would be cool..

Looks real nice either way, definitly looks expensive!

m-a-r-k-7
05-31-2006, 09:24 PM
I can't wait until these come into production.

CKY_Alliance
05-31-2006, 10:48 PM
im pretty sure it will have eyes,
but you forgot the 83 cps clip...

http://www.deadlywind.com/files/misc/83cps.wav

Quoted from TG post from Nicad
designing this one on and off for about 5 months.
Only took 5 days to build it. :)
Needs a lot of cleanup.. is still raw off the mill.

stats:
Weight (w/o reg/barrel/hopper/tank): 15.8 oz (yep- under 1 lb!)
Less than 7" x 7"
Reciprocating mass: 8g (new record?)
Full shot cycle: 18.4ms (54+ cps)
PSI: ~280 @300fps
Shots per 68/45: ~1500
Strip-clean upper tract with the pull of a pin.
Mechanical 2-stage anti-chop
Tested full auto at 26bps w/reloader B (Qloader on the way)

ok so it cycled incompletley 83 times i assume seeing how its FULL shot cycle is 54+? Why not use eyes? Is the anti-chop system as much of a paint in the *** as the lvl 10, or is it more like the spyder ACS? The ACS does add a feature that sets it apart from everything else but it seems dumb(for lack of better words), why not use eyes, any certain reason Nicad? Is it just for the "different" factor? Oh and i assume its electro-pheumatic..? not trying to pick it apart just curious...and this is going to be sold to the public correctz?

tyrion2323
06-01-2006, 01:30 AM
This is the kind of project that I would truly consider buying when it comes out (I assume probably not for while yet).

The thing is, for me to spend money on a NEW gun, it's going to have to offer me the things that I could get for a comparatively priced used gun:

Eye system is a must for me. Even if it's only for insurance.
snatch grip (easy one)
Nice board with decent features (don't need the whole kit-n-kaboodle, but need some of it!)
Smaller reg! AKA would be nice *hint hint*
Ooh - included carbon fibre barrel wouldn't be too shabby either.

As for colors...I'd be interested mainly in solids. Sure, your basic reds, blacks, etc. - but a deal breaker would be if he put out limited runs (or even per-order custom) of colors like slate blue, yellow, etc.

The market (I'm sure he knows all this) is so saturated that there's no reason that someone can't get basically everything they want for under $600. So in order to get my money, some of my thirsts must be slaked. (slought?) We'll see, though!

magman007
06-01-2006, 01:47 AM
Two thing are against it for me. Stacked design and not AGD. I like the trigger frame. I wonder if one could get something like that for a mag?

wow, you really are ignorant arent you? hell, i can garauntee dw is much more in the black than agd is. Knowing Colin, this thing is probabally more advanced, and more reliable than anything agd has ever put out, its probabally even easier to take care of.. also look at that profile, im willing to bet it sits lower than most mags.

I just wish it was a true spooler, but im interested in the design, this is for sure.

edit, btw why the hell would colin sink more money into a dead market? i can garauntee you that a frame like this one, will not be available for a mag, unless it is a custom job, so stick to the intelliframe, as its the best .45 you are going to find.

jenarelJAM
06-01-2006, 02:09 AM
That looks a LOT like the custom merlin that gu is making, the one where he converted the logic frame to fit, sent it off for TONS of custom work...

FinchMan
06-01-2006, 04:17 AM
Yeah...he's been teasing us with it for a shile over at the guild...

I can't wait to see more than an audio file :)

Now we're the ones that know more than most. :cool:

I saw the prototype at the PB expo in Pomona in February. It is incredibly lightweight. It's probably the lightest gun i've ever seen. Nicad showed me how the anti-chop works, it's pretty clever. I read that it can shoot 33 bps with a qloader, and it's still just a prototype.

This gun will rock! :shooting:

m-a-r-k-7
06-01-2006, 10:46 AM
Uh oh 33 bps... they're catching up to mags.

magman007
06-01-2006, 11:07 AM
its already highly surpassed mags in terms of cycles per second.

m-a-r-k-7
06-01-2006, 11:08 AM
but cps and bps is a different story.

Pyroboy597
06-01-2006, 03:46 PM
Also remember that 33 bps on a mag is not just something you can flip a switch and do.

m-a-r-k-7
06-01-2006, 03:47 PM
Its not a matter of how you do it, its that it can be done.

68magOwner
06-01-2006, 03:52 PM
Its not a matter of how you do it, its that it can be done.

thats like saying my piece of junk car is REALLY fast and can reach 200+ mph......if i strap rockets to it.

If you cant reach a speed with your average, every day, ready to go play setup, then, there is no point in claiming that speed.

Rudz
06-01-2006, 03:55 PM
thats like saying my piece of junk car is REALLY fast and can reach 200+ mph......if i strap rockets to it.

If you cant reach a speed with your average, every day, ready to go play setup, then, there is no point in claiming that speed.

so you gonna walk around with a scuba on a mech mag right??? yeah ok..now hush..

m-a-r-k-7
06-01-2006, 03:56 PM

But when are you going to need 33-34bps in every day play?

stop whining buy a mag
06-01-2006, 04:10 PM
So let me get this right.

It weighs under one pound. Fairly impressive although I'm sure if I took everything off my DM6 and milled the heck out of it I could probably drop a few ounces. Still, props to Deadlywind for this.

It can cycle 54 times a second. Great, it does 15.4 and more. This is more of a noob selling point.

It has a mechanical antichop feature. Eh, thumbs down. I like eyes. Unless this thing proves to be flawless it will never become as big as Timmys, DM's, or Egos.

The milling is just downright ugly. Yeah, they chopped off a ton of weight but I could have made something better with a Dremel.

Does this thing actually have a board in it or is it pneumatic?

This reminds me of the Isis. I'll put my money on it won't go anywhere unless there's some big secret DW is hiding from us.

FinchMan
06-01-2006, 06:30 PM
So let me get this right.

It weighs under one pound. Fairly impressive although I'm sure if I took everything off my DM6 and milled the heck out of it I could probably drop a few ounces. Still, props to Deadlywind for this.

It can cycle 54 times a second. Great, it does 15.4 and more. This is more of a noob selling point.
it still is a bragging point. http://www.deadlywind.com/files/misc/83cps.wav

It has a mechanical antichop feature. Eh, thumbs down. I like eyes. Unless this thing proves to be flawless it will never become as big as Timmys, DM's, or Egos.
The prototype doesn't have eyes. Eyes will come later.

The milling is just downright ugly. Yeah, they chopped off a ton of weight but I could have made something better with a Dremel.
Again, this is the prototype. Do you think deadlywinds would give you something ugly? Plus everyone has their own opinion about aesthetics.

Does this thing actually have a board in it or is it pneumatic?
It's electric

This reminds me of the Isis. I'll put my money on it won't go anywhere unless there's some big secret DW is hiding from us.
if there isn't any patent problems, then I'm sure DW will bring this to market. It has better stats then most highend guns.

Does that help? :rolleyes:

whistl3r
06-01-2006, 06:43 PM
i tried to analyze the 83 cps clip in sound forge to determine whether or not it was actually 83 cps, and theres no way i can count the peaks.. it just goes way too fast for the audio.. heres a screenshot..

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/1741/83cps9zu.th.jpg (http://img243.imageshack.us/my.php?image=83cps9zu.jpg)

EDIT: i think i counted 43 in around a half second, so it very well could be..

deadlywind ownz you

duby
06-01-2006, 07:00 PM
this sounds amazing, i love deadlywind's work. if they can keep this around the shocker price range i will buy one and i think they will have a hit.

st6212
06-01-2006, 07:01 PM
I can already see its downfall....no buit-in MP3 player...no built-in egg timer....no built-in thermometer.....no built-in bluetooth mobile phone capabilities :D

Very nice work Nicad, look forward to seeing the final product :headbang:

Custom electronics, or using something like the mini-morlock/predator board?

stop whining buy a mag
06-01-2006, 08:51 PM
Does that help? :rolleyes:

No one cares how fast it shoots. Brag all you want, the only thing those 26+ BPS will do is get you kicked out of an event.

So it is electric and there will be eyes. Good choice there. As much as I'd love to see a Predator board in there I'm guessing that won't be the case.

The Karta bodies are some of the best looking bodies ever but they are not the lightest bodies. I don't mind carrying an extra couple ounces if it makes the gun stand out.

I still say this thing won't get too far. The market is too saturated and the only companies to make it big in the last year were.....already big. Off the top of my head I can't think of any new markers that came from small companies.

If this thing shoots as smooth as a DM then I'll be buying one.

whistl3r
06-01-2006, 08:59 PM
i hope it doesnt use a predator, i would like to see this marker become available in the next decade.

*u** predator. there i said it

other companies are making sick uncapped boards for cheaper and they are actually available

quit hatin everybody.. this marker is different, and awesome, and nicad is working his butt off to make it.

and keep in mind he is not doing this under some giant company like sp or angel or anything..

edit: and maybe he can sell the design and never work again.. but that would mean we have to pay double for it..

onedude36
06-01-2006, 09:07 PM
Nobody's mentioned efficiency? I wana know, looks like a very interesting gun, dependant on price range of course.

Rudz
06-01-2006, 09:42 PM
i still wondering why the hell nicad hasnt posted...

68magOwner
06-01-2006, 10:03 PM
But when are you going to need 33-34bps in every day play?

...ok...you were JUST bragging about how fast mags are, now that people made you look silly, you say yout first point was useless anyway, which is absolutley true. So, why did you bother wasting time and bandwith posting?

Think

m-a-r-k-7
06-01-2006, 10:05 PM
My first post was meant to be silly, you guys took it way too seriously. And why can't I brag about how fast mags are? is this not AO? did i magically teleport to PBN? (sorry for that last sarcastic bit).

Stealth Fighter
06-01-2006, 10:33 PM
Resembles a shortened Ego, still very HAWT.

FromTheBack
06-02-2006, 05:31 AM
Nobody's mentioned efficiency? I wana know, looks like a very interesting gun, dependant on price range of course.

1500 off of a 68/45

It really is amazing how small looking this thing is, I would love to see size comparisons.
If it doesn't have kick, is quiet and is reliable I would sell off the Ego for it...but thats a year or more down the road so we will see what happens with it.
Best of luck to DW on this.

(wow a black CP reg would look hot on that thing)

st6212
06-02-2006, 07:19 AM
You know what that pic is missing? A US$1 note covering the body :D

Teamslayer76
06-02-2006, 09:20 AM
This is amazing! Imagine how this marker would look in a glossy black or red! :wow:
84cps! Plus verified 26bps! Amazing! :D

MoeMag
06-02-2006, 10:06 AM
Wow that thing is tiny :wow:

6.5 inches from the back to front
10 inch barrel on there.
1.7 inches tall on the tubes (that hardly counts as a stacked tube)
I agree it needs more of a snatch grip to it, but then again it does look pretty slick.

If that gun is electro-pneumatic I’m impressed. Where the hell is the solenoid!? That grip frame mounts right onto the bottom tube, maybe it’s in there.
Will I have to cock that chunk of delrin hanging out the back?

But I will stop being a skeptic… very nice guys I can’t wait to get my hands on one! (very excited)
:cheers:
:dance: :dance: :dance:
NEW GUN THAT ISNT GOING TO GET TORN UP BY SP!!!

EDIT:
Hey I just looked at the sound graph... that thing looks like a cocker in terms of its sound signiture but a whole lot faster. :confused:

AutomagRT1483
06-02-2006, 10:19 AM
Ah, another cool looking product from DeadlyWind. If the craftsmanship on this puppy is anything like the karta bodies, etc, you can bank on me grabbing one of these.

Ydna
06-02-2006, 11:15 AM
It's not a stacked tube design, at least there's no hammer. I suppose you could still call it stacked tube (since it physically is) but not in the traditional design.

Best guess is that it's a blowforward mQ style marker.

m-a-r-k-7
06-02-2006, 01:14 PM
Ohhhh! me like!

nicad
06-02-2006, 03:17 PM
Our goal: LightestSmallestFastest. Side benefits like very low kick and simplicity are a plus. :)

The prototype is only profile cut so that is the look you get.
Expect body design options from Arowmic, so yeah it will look good.
An ACE will either be included or will be an option.

There are different bolt+valve designs in the works. Some are faster, some are slower. Some are more efficient, etc..
The 83cps is real cycles, but is not full shot velocity. With the system running full velocity it will do 71 real, full CPS. It is the fastest system that I have ever tested (reciprocating mass of about 8 grams), but it is very harsh on paint.
Every claim I make is backed up with data. In this case I have a linear position sensor attached to the system and we capture the cycle into a digital O-scope. It took just a hair over 14ms to fully cycle.

The anti-chop bolts are much slower, and that is where the 54cps comes from.
The gun is very simple, and is the lightest I have ever seen.
The gun is very small-- a hopper drowns it. And, it has been chopped another 1/4" shorter (height) and 1/2" shorter (length).. The problem with a shorter length is is starts looking goofy and is not as easy to hold onto, so it might be staying the same length.

33bps on a stock Qloader is fun, but I am sure that can gotten up past 40.

stop whining buy a mag
06-02-2006, 04:19 PM
Sounds better than Jack Rice.

When you produce this, do you plan on doing small runs of it or trying to get as many out as possible? Is this thing going to be well over $1K?

OneEyedPimp
06-02-2006, 04:32 PM
So nicad, any chance that this marker will be in the sub-500 dollar range?

peewee
06-02-2006, 04:38 PM
:eek: Shuffles feet nervously...."In tiny little scared voice" Hey mister how much does that cost???

nicad
06-02-2006, 04:48 PM
One thing we learn by now- do not except things soon. at all. :)
This is major undertaking, and we are not going at it alone.
I will not consider going production until I am completely happy with every aspect of the marker. I have not been very vocal about the project yet because I know it will take a lot of time to complete it.
There is much yet to tweak and test..

*bam! edited for serious typos.

stop whining buy a mag
06-02-2006, 05:34 PM
What's wrong with throwing out marker filled with flaws and cheap parts? It's a freaking gold mine if you can market it right.

dahoeb
06-02-2006, 05:39 PM
What's wrong with throwing out marker filled with flaws and cheap parts? It's a freaking gold mine if you can market it right.

yeah, smart parts can do it! haha ohhh! :)
(sorry, i just couldn't help taking that cheap shot.)

bunny5
06-02-2006, 06:18 PM
It needed some color... :D

Edit**My post was stuck on the bottom of a page for no1 to see :D

http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/37000/deadlywind_blue.jpg

REDRT
06-02-2006, 06:58 PM
wow, you really are ignorant arent you? hell, i can garauntee dw is much more in the black than agd is. Knowing Colin, this thing is probabally more advanced, and more reliable than anything agd has ever put out, its probabally even easier to take care of.. also look at that profile, im willing to bet it sits lower than most mags.

I just wish it was a true spooler, but im interested in the design, this is for sure.

edit, btw why the hell would colin sink more money into a dead market? i can garauntee you that a frame like this one, will not be available for a mag, unless it is a custom job, so stick to the intelliframe, as its the best .45 you are going to find.

BIAS is the word. I could care less if this thing is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Stacked design I personally find hidious looking. The means all of them period IMO. There is other markers I find interesting, but there is only 1 I really like and it is the brand I use; AGD. This might not even be from DW. Where does it say DW? I'm sure if in fact it is a DW marker it will be top notch, But pardon me if I stick to markers know, use, like and am very comfortable with.

going_home
06-02-2006, 07:28 PM
This might not even be from DW. Where does it say DW?

Ahem. Check the post above guy.
AO member nicad is Colin Moritz which is half of DW.
I think we can safely believe him cant we ?
I mean anything I ordered from DW, I always recieved no problems.
LOL

REDRT
06-02-2006, 07:53 PM
Ahem. Check the post above guy.
AO member nicad is Colin Moritz which is half of DW.
I think we can safely believe him cant we ?
I mean anything I ordered from DW, I always recieved no problems.
LOL

I didn't see NIcads posting. ;) DW has great service. No question about that.

Rudz
06-02-2006, 09:40 PM
Nicad, This is great.I can't wait to see this beauty in production, And i like bunny's color rendering, Great job to everyone at DW. :cheers:

MoeMag
06-03-2006, 12:25 AM
Hey I know its kind of small but...
cocker thread right!?

PLEASE :D

Eyes are a must. When I tell people about new guns I explain to them the tippmann ACT and spyder ACS but they all want the breakbeams with the cool lights. < my .02 as a marker salesman.

If it is as slick in preformance as it is in looks, I am really looking foward to owning one of them and hopefully selling them if they are really good.

Any estimate on time frame? should I go ahead and get my '07 ego or this?

Bunny put a cp direct mount on that baby and loose the knurled beast on/off...

Please

bunny5
06-03-2006, 01:48 AM
A couple more renders...

http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/37000/deadlywind_red_to_black_fade.jpghttp://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/37000/deadlywind_red.jpg
http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/37000/deadlywind_lava.jpg

MoeMag: Just saw ur post, i might change it up :D

FinchMan
06-03-2006, 04:52 AM
A couple more renders...

sexy.

tyrion2323
06-03-2006, 02:13 PM
Gah, Nicad - you're making things so difficult!

Well, I HAD been thinking about purchasing an FS8, but I think instead I'll get an FS Pro and save for this beast.

Colin, I think you're right about the size. If it's too small, it will feel unstable, especially with HALOs atop it. I was thinking, perhaps you could even lengthen it out with an optional snatch grip. I'm glad to hear that you're adding ACE to it. Any idea who will be making your boards? Just a thought - if you want to sell these in large numbers, include some of the flashy extras that attract people:

-Multi-mode board (for me: debounce, dwell, eye delay, NPPL and PSP would suffice)
-LED Eyes (they look so cool!)
-Your Carbon Fibre Barrel would be an awesome buying point
-I think that the milling can stay fairly simple, both to decrease production costs, but also to lighten the marker. A few stylish lines would look awesome...
-What kind of grips can you get? Can you get custom made panel grips, like the Cyborgs, EBlades or Hybrid grips?
-a built in Dovetail is a must for weight saving and cool points
-CCM-style clamp neck would be nice - perhaps you could come up with a deal with Rogue for his feednecks and triggers...

You mentioned some sort of 'custom built' version? It would be awesome if you had an online store where you could basically custom build the entire thing (and SEE the progress). Different body styles, different triggers, upgraded boards, barrel or no barrel, anodizing color...these would all make for an awesome gun and customizing experience. if you had three body styles (plain + two super cool ones), offered stock single color anodizing (but could get upgraded schemes), etc. these are all things that would really be AWESOME!

You could even get your own forum on PBN to attract people to your products...

slade
06-03-2006, 04:03 PM
not bad.

im really interested in the design. at first glance it of course looks like any stacked tube electro, but you can see that its obviously not a poppet valve marker (there would be a little bit of leaking with that slot milled in the body). someone said its spool valve, but its not a traditional spool valve design. the air must be routed from the lower to the upper tube through the back of the marker, and the solenoid connection must be through there also, which makes me think it contains something similar to an MQ valve. heck, i may have to get one just because of its unique design... it has the lure of an osiris, except its lighter, doesnt have a packed front block and, well, probably works.

SpitFire1299
06-03-2006, 10:25 PM
...Wow. Im very excited. :clap:

logicmag19
06-04-2006, 03:21 PM
Me gusta. :clap:

Stealth Fighter
06-04-2006, 03:43 PM
A couple more renders...

http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/37000/deadlywind_red_to_black_fade.jpghttp://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/37000/deadlywind_red.jpg

I'm going out on a really long limb here, but I wonder what it would look like with a karta shaped body for the top tube and make the bottom tube look like an extended karta rail.

GoTcHaSuCcA
06-04-2006, 06:50 PM
nicad, now that you made this gun public i think i can speak for all of us when i say just be honst and keep us updated. Thats all i ask for when a new product is about to be released.

With that said the current body dosnt look all that bad, once you anno it that is. bunny5's blue photoshop'ed picture is realllllllllly nice and that alone is making me reconcider this to be my next gun. But If i may, please humble me while i make a few suggestons....

The Verticle Adapter: if you make that a seperate peace from the gun you could use a smaller block of aluminum to mill the body from and it gives the option of a straight 90* va or an angled one.

The grip frame: Just an observation from my local field... but alot of people have clamshell style grip frames. Timmies and I-framed impulse's are very popular around here, perhaps this could be an optional upgrade?

And lastly....

make a few different versions of this gun. I'm sure there are people out there like myself who already have a cocker threaded barrel and a good reg (aka 2 liter currently :) ).
As an intro package, make the body a slug, include no barrel and no reg. By eliminating this... you can produce this gun cheaply. It would work, but it wouldn't look flashy, giving incentive to make money on optional parts such as different bodies or milling options. Perhaps dont include eyes in this model as it seems some people really want eyes and others could live with the lvl 10 style anti-chop.
Next package would come with the reg, barrel, clamping feedneck, an ASA such as a check it unimount, eyes, a basic body and a nice anno job with the option to "upgrade" to a really cool body for X ammount more.
Last package would be the "pro" model: it would have all the bells and whistles.
(look at the Shocktech Shocker, the Dark Ego, or the Hybrid Traitor Shocker. Same running platform as their stock counterparts but they are milled/anno'ed differently.)

If this marker is sub $1000 (preferably around $750 please) and is released some time within the next year, i think you guys would really have something here. The only thing that would touch it terms of size, weight and speed is the FS8... but from the looks of your data, its going to out do it in every class!

Regardless what you guys decide to do i'm glad your doing it. Keep up the great work and please keep us all in the loop!

oh...
And thanks in advance to everyone who dosn't rip my suggestions to shreads :)

FinchMan
06-04-2006, 09:29 PM
the body was milled from a merlin extrusion, so the VA is actually a seperate piece.

Extrusion: http://www.airsoldier.com:8080/cgi-bin/mivavm?Merchant2/merchant.mvc+Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AOS&Product_Code=AKA-MERLIN-EXTRUSION&Category_Code=MISC

I like the idea of have a few different packages as far as milling and annodizing. Especially if they make a really cool body like the karta/dallara/chord. I think eyes should probably come stock on all of versions though. Just so people don't get a chance to complain (cause they would). I'd probably only throw on my own reg/barrel if it matched the color scheme, and DW will probably include a quality/lightweight regulator with the setup anyways.

If this gun is really going to be the best, then Colin will be able to charge whatever he wants for it. I just hope he decides to go easy on our wallets. :rolleyes: As for an actuall price, I dont think it will exceed 750, maybe on a super stylish version.

bunny5
06-05-2006, 01:28 PM
Stealth Fighter:
http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/37000/deadlywind_karta_finish.jpg

GoTcHaSuCcA
06-05-2006, 03:56 PM
FinchMan, very interesting with the merlin slugbody... good find.

As for the marketing thing... meh, it was only an idea. One which i would really love to see on a gun, but given DW's history, i'm sure they are going to make the gun close to perfect as they can get and that will be the final product.

bunny5, dam keep em' comming

Teamslayer76
06-05-2006, 06:49 PM
Damn that last one is nice! Good job Bunny. I'd do some in photoshop but your better.. :D

-Cilio-
06-05-2006, 06:54 PM
The DW version looks pretty good, Bunny5's looks a big step up. The Karta look.

bunny5
06-05-2006, 07:22 PM
GoTcHaSuCcA: I'll probably up my Photoshop thread soon to put more renders of this marker.

Teamslayer76: Thanks bro.

-Cilio-: Can't wait to see what Arowmic has instore for this marker though. Even though I do like the looks of karta bodies :D

Think of the possibilities..
http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/37000/deadlywind2_karta.jpg

1337caesar
06-05-2006, 07:32 PM
and a good price would really get this gun out into the mainstream. also im sure people would be willing to pay a reasonable amount extra for anodizing if they could specify the color.

PBCapo
06-05-2006, 07:40 PM
i love you bunny

tyrion2323
06-05-2006, 07:53 PM
think: integrated eye covers. No more black strips - I'm thinking, Shocker style, but breakbeam

FinchMan
06-05-2006, 10:26 PM
think: integrated eye covers. No more black strips - I'm thinking, Shocker style, but breakbeam

If not hidden, then carbon fiber eye covers to go with the barrel. :cool:

I think it would be cool to use a reflective eye in the bottom of the breach if the eye logic is good. (even if it isn't 100%, mechanical antichop backup will save the day)

Bunny, great work with the photoshopping! :headbang: Would it be possible to fit a chord body pattern onto it? I want to see one in blue, or a blue/green pattern. :rolleyes:

MoeMag
06-05-2006, 11:21 PM
http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/37000/deadlywind2_karta.jpg

WOW :wow: I want one like that but...

http://store.customproducts.us/images/product/large/lg_17.jpg

black green acid wash por favor?

bunny5
06-06-2006, 01:32 AM
FinchMan: Check the photoshop thread tomarrow for a render.
MoeMag: Heh, check the photoshop thread.... :D Theres a surprise waiting for you.

If you need anymore ideas/concepts post in the Official Photoshop Thread (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2166821#post2166821) .

tyrion2323
06-06-2006, 09:17 AM
Bunny,
I've summoned you to the photoshop thread!

Stealth Fighter
06-06-2006, 11:15 PM
Stealth Fighter:
http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/37000/deadlywind_karta_finish.jpg

OMG HAWT, IT WAS MY IDEA NICAD 10%

Just kidding

Rudz
06-07-2006, 12:12 AM
if this thing had karta milling id prepay a year in advance

bentothejam1n
06-07-2006, 12:36 AM
if this thing had karta milling id prepay a year in advance
coughdevilmagcough

Rudz
06-07-2006, 12:37 AM
coughdevilmagcough

yeah i thought abt that too, but hey ive got mine..lol

tyrion2323
06-07-2006, 10:38 AM
I personally wouldn't want the Karta design - I'd rather have something a bit subtler and simpler. I was thinking, what about somethign like the Shocktech mag? Could something similar be done to this?

slade
06-07-2006, 12:46 PM
I was thinking, what about somethign like the Shocktech mag? Could something similar be done to this?
ugh *shudder*... never suggest that again.

GoTcHaSuCcA
06-07-2006, 03:01 PM
http://tarantulamfg.com/images/rawpred2.jpg
what about a mill design similar to that?

nixcamic
06-07-2006, 05:16 PM

But smaller, much smaller :)

jsdatjsd
06-07-2006, 06:27 PM
I opened the wav file. Holy cannoli that thing sounds fast.

:headbang:

scrumpy
06-09-2006, 12:30 AM

That is grotesque.

ttink
06-09-2006, 06:22 PM
That is grotesque.
Agreed.

Corbet
06-09-2006, 08:09 PM
As soon as I can get a price I'd probably wanna preorder it. Assuming its a decent price (Shocker price? DM6 price? Any idea?) and is cocker threaded I'd deff. pick this up. I'd have to sell of my ProMaster though.

SpitFire1299
06-12-2006, 12:23 PM
I decided to ask Colin a few questions about the marker..

Q: What is the expected release date?
"Do not be disappointed if it doesn't come out till next year."
Q: What will be the price range for a standard to maxed out one?
"Targeting at under $1000.. probably by a good amount."
Q: What kind of regulator and barrel will it come with? Possibley a deadlywind whisper? :)
"Yet to be determined. I am sure a Wisper will be available as an option."
Q: Will there be pre-order?
"yet to be determined."
Q: Will the design be like an MQ valve? Theres many questions on this.
" "I cannot confirm or deny the design.. however, it is not really a secrete. :)"

The "rumors".. generally on PBN's thread.

1.) "I heard Dye is going to mass produce the product and it's gonna be shot by Lang. "
"Ummm.. sure! why not! (some people make up some pretty crazy stuff just for attention)"

2.) "DeadlyWind is probably one of the worst companies to wait on something from.
They have promised to release tons of products in the past that never came out. 16" whisper barrel, hair trigger
dont hold your breath on this one"
"Yep barrels are taking a while, no denying that. Deals fell through on the hAir trigger.. but it is not dead yet."

3.) "I was told they were think of charging in the range of $1,200 max for the marker. But that was a few months ago. Also when I saw it there were no eyes just a lvl 10 like anti chop system, but that may changed as well. The MQ valve is electronic but the bolt is mech just to clairify things."
"see above. ACE will be either standard or an option. "

Thanks to colin (of deadlywind) for answering questions. This is not shens.

paintballfreak90
06-12-2006, 12:29 PM
lookin good

FinchMan
06-12-2006, 04:02 PM
nice interview.

GoTcHaSuCcA
06-12-2006, 05:14 PM
good to get a few key questions out of the way before the roumer mill starts crankin them out. good job

slade
06-12-2006, 05:35 PM
good to get a few key questions out of the way before the roumer mill starts crankin them out. good job
"roumer mill"?

going_home
06-12-2006, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by bentothejam1n.
coughdevilmagcough

yeah i thought abt that too, but hey ive got mine..lol

How long of a wait was it for you on the DM ?

pachytriton
06-12-2006, 08:30 PM
Might save the money I was going to use for a pm6 to get this beast-if it comew out with a decent pricetag, eyes, and cool milling it has the potential to be one of the most competitive markers out there-keep up the good work dw!

SpitFire1299
06-12-2006, 09:01 PM
Might save the money I was going to use for a pm6 to get this beast-if it comew out with a decent pricetag, eyes, and cool milling it has the potential to be one of the most competitive markers out there-keep up the good work dw!
Same here. :clap:

I asked him a couple more questions that i missed on the first one. Ill have it up tommorrow.

FinchMan
06-12-2006, 11:00 PM

I wouldn't start saving just yet. It'll probably be a while.

HuD1Ni
06-13-2006, 10:28 AM
I wouldn't start saving just yet. It'll probably be a while.

all the more reason to save

trevorjk
06-29-2006, 01:30 AM
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/diehardpb/01210001.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/diehardpb/01210002.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/diehardpb/01210003.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/diehardpb/01210004.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/diehardpb/01210005.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/diehardpb/01210006.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/diehardpb/01210007.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/diehardpb/01210012s.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/diehardpb/01220001.jpg

trevorjk
06-29-2006, 01:31 AM
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/diehardpb/01220004.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/diehardpb/01220005.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/diehardpb/01220006.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/diehardpb/01220008.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/diehardpb/01220010.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/diehardpb/01230001.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/diehardpb/01230003.jpg

trevorjk
06-29-2006, 01:31 AM
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/diehardpb/01230006.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/diehardpb/01230007.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/diehardpb/01230009.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/diehardpb/01250001s.jpg

trevorjk
06-29-2006, 01:32 AM
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/diehardpb/01250010.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/diehardpb/02070001s.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/diehardpb/nameless_gun-rev4ACE.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/diehardpb/nameless_gun-rev4ACEbanjo_frontbloc.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/diehardpb/slammed-thin-curve-frame-vert-asa.jpg

thecavemankevin
06-29-2006, 09:49 AM
dude, sweet pics trev. love the pic diary of it being born, very cool :clap:

ETA for its release? wink wink, nudge nudge

m-a-r-k-7
06-29-2006, 10:50 AM
I'd always wondered how gripframes were made.

Very cool PIcs!

Mercenario
06-29-2006, 11:06 AM
:wow: :hail: :dance: :cheers: :cry: :clap:

Wow it's so beatiful I can't control my emotions :D

arowmic
06-30-2006, 04:36 AM
Little late to this thread but there won't ever be a design based off the Karta for any other marker coming from me.
If I do something for this marker it'll be new.

slade
06-30-2006, 08:26 AM
Little late to this thread but there won't ever be a design based off the Karta for any other marker coming from me.
If I do something for this marker it'll be new.
well, hopefully itl be a flowing design and as nice as the karta ;)

Rudz
06-30-2006, 09:03 AM
well, hopefully itl be a flowing design and as nice as the karta ;)

We can only hope

68magOwner
06-30-2006, 03:33 PM
There are different bolt+valve designs in the works. Some are faster, some are slower. Some are more efficient, etc..

Good stuff, i think it would be a wise decision, if at all possible, to produce a super efficient, super easy on paint, super smooth bolt kit that, is not focused so much on speed, say, top out at around 20, something to market to the thousands of players who now play exclusivley in PSP mode and only need 15.4bps

Now, i know not one thing about how your bolt kits work, or if sacraficing cycle speed will result in any increase in performance in the areas i listed, but, just sounded like an interesting idea in my head.

Pntball1866
07-01-2006, 04:44 PM
Anyone know what the name of this thing might be?

m-a-r-k-7
07-01-2006, 05:07 PM
Nicad said they were thinking about "Aedes"

yeahthatsme
07-01-2006, 11:37 PM
trevorjk rehost your pics the bandwidth is exceeded!

master_alexander
07-02-2006, 12:15 AM
i love it... i might actually sell my shocker for it...

thats a big deal. :wow:

im going to save... ill find all of my change. lol, there is so much in my room i probably have enough.

nixcamic
07-02-2006, 08:39 AM
trevorjk rehost your pics the bandwidth is exceeded!

Preferably with one of many services with unlimited bandwidth.

FinchMan
07-03-2006, 02:53 AM
link removed.

\/ \/ ok. :(

nicad
07-03-2006, 01:25 PM
Sorry, DW is not a "free unlimited bandwidth server" for you to link to.

There will be more information, updates, and pictures available as this thing nears completion.

out!

Furby#1
07-04-2006, 07:08 AM
Cant wait to hear how its going.
BTW PM me sometime i may have another board for ya.

Furby out

WARPED1
08-24-2006, 11:27 PM
So nicad, any chance that this marker will be in the sub-500 dollar range?
I hope this is true.

master_alexander
08-26-2006, 04:13 PM
i think its gonna be closer to 1,000 but thats just my prediction/. if its over that, im outta luck :(