PDA

View Full Version : Pneumatic trigger frames

nixcamic
05-31-2006, 03:10 PM
If I understand this right, PTP developed the pneumatic trigger frame, then sold the design/patent to WGP, who stoped deadlywind from making them for mags, or something like that.

Anyhow, does WGP has the patent, but do they actualy make pneumatic trigger frames, or licence it to anyone that does?

luke
05-31-2006, 03:57 PM
Here's how I understand it.

*PTP still owns their Patent.
*PTP licenses it to WGP
*Deadlywind got a patent for his design.

nixcamic
05-31-2006, 04:13 PM
Here's how I understand it.

*PTP still owns their Patent.
*PTP licenses it to WGP
*Deadlywind got a patent for his design.

So he's still gonna make one? And does WGP make one, now that they have licenced the patent?

nixcamic
06-03-2006, 10:25 PM
Basicaly what I'm asking is, does anyone (comercialy) make a pneumatic trigger frame?

luke
06-04-2006, 10:13 AM
Not for Mags...

Chronobreak
06-04-2006, 10:59 AM
Not for Mags...

yet...

ptp still claims they are making one, colin has rumored to have been building one

both companies are really busy and it isnt a high priority(or it seems)

wgp has made one version if im not mistaken (the worrmachine) google it

im sure theyl add it to a higher end cocker, not just a spyder clone.

i wouldnt be surprised if other comapnies started making them as well, but it IS and will be a really slow process.

FinchMan
06-04-2006, 12:59 PM
yeah, it seems that DW is mostly workin on their new gun design. The hAir trigger is probably on the back burner, and will probably stay there for a while.

I don't know what PTP is doing. For all i know they could of given up on Automags, just like the rest of paintball has...

luke
06-05-2006, 04:01 PM
DW recently ask in another thread how much interest their would be in a drop in kit and not many people responded.

>Here< (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=197631&page=1&pp=30) see post#8

Chronobreak
06-05-2006, 05:32 PM
It wasnt a rumor. Colin had a video of his hAir marker out long before others.

*let me rephrase that

colin has made a protype a while back(general AO knowledge), however he did put the project on the backburner since he didnt want to insue into litigation or possible litigation if i recall.

he was recently granted a patent, or so im told on AO but i ahvent seen any proof of this. so while he may have a protoype, he still isnt any closer to a production frame.

as for itnerest in a pneumatic frame, i think his like 20+ page showed the interest level in sucha mod, what it comes down to is price and availability.

two things that im not sure DW has figured out to deal with at this point, and as ive said before theys eem to be quite busy with many/a few other projects as well.

Chronobreak
06-05-2006, 06:18 PM
prototyping stage? :rolleyes:

jeeze, always giving me a hard time, but i know you do it cause you love me

i assumed that the fact he had a patent was truth, so i never looked into it, nor felt a need to

whats his last name, morowitz or something?

nixcamic
06-05-2006, 10:41 PM
I can't seem to find any information on the wgp frame anywhere... links?

Chronobreak
06-05-2006, 10:43 PM
I can't seem to find any information on the wgp frame anywhere... links?

google

worr machine
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&safe=off&q=worr+machine