PDA

View Full Version : Anyway to make an X-valve on/off non-reactive???

spyder_technician
05-31-2006, 04:03 PM
Hey, I have an X-valve on/off in my classic valve and I wonder if there's anyway to make it non-reactive? Please help, I'm not a big fan of RT.

b e n
05-31-2006, 04:07 PM
An X Valve on-off wont make a classic reactive :rolleyes:

spyder_technician
05-31-2006, 04:11 PM
okay, i was under the assumption that the on/off used was what determined trigger reactivity.

b e n
05-31-2006, 04:14 PM
Nope the The X on-off just lightens the trigger, I have one and I like it :cool:

spyder_technician
06-01-2006, 01:16 AM
Well, I wonder, then... If you put a classic on/off in an x-valve, would the x-valve still be reactive? Its been a while but I think I once did that combination. I wish I could remember!!!

Dayspring
06-01-2006, 09:17 AM
The pin doesn't give the reactive kick. It's the way the air is routed in the valve.

athomas
06-01-2006, 12:48 PM
The classic pin in an xvalve will increase the force required to fire the gun so it will reduce the reactivity a bit by reducing the differential force between firing the gun and resetting of the trigger. But, like Dayspring mentioned, its the air route in the valve that dictates the reactivity of the xvalve/retro valve over the classic AIR valve.

An example; Using a retro on-off in a retro/x valve requires 2 lbs to pull the trigger but is returned with 8lbs of force. Using a classic pin in a retro valve requires 4 lbs to pull the trigger but is returned with 8lbs of force. There is still a reactive difference of 4 lbs. Even with the mass of the sear assembly added, the high reactive difference is still evident in the trigger pull.

Using a classic pin in an AIR valve requires 4 lbs to pull the trigger and is returned with 4lbs of force. Using a retro on-off in an AIR valve requires 2 lbs to pull the trigger but is returned with 4 lbs of force. The reactive difference is only 2lbs, and when the mass of the sear is added, it is further reduced from that which basically makes the valve nonreactive.