PDA

View Full Version : New to forum/automags

themoose
05-31-2006, 07:29 PM
hi all! im new to this forum but not to paintball.i have been playing for three years.my marker has been a tricked out a5.i love my tippmann and will keep it but the time came for an upgrade.for the past two years i wanted a tac-one but with an electronic trigger.glad to say that i will be ordering an e-tac in two days! i have been looking around this place for almost two weeks now.this is a great forum you boys have here.i have some questions below on my soon to be new marker.i would like to thank you in advance for your time!

1-whats a good barrel kit for this marker? and what threads is this marker anyway :confused:

2-whats a good hopper for this marker?

3-is there much difference between an e-mag and an e-tac besides the body?

4-what bps can i expect to see with the e-tac?

5-is the e-tac considered a loud shooting marker?

6-will i need an external stabalizer?

7-i know barrel to paint match is important.that considerd,can i expect good distance from my shots?

Chronobreak
05-31-2006, 08:48 PM
1-whats a good barrel kit for this marker? and what threads is this marker anyway :confused:

7-i know barrel to paint match is important.that considerd,can i expect good distance from my shots?

Welcome

1, anything name brand is generaly good, jj,lapco,dye, or a carbon fiber if you wanna save some weight

2 halo/egg(eggs suck)

3, no
4 as fast as you can pull 3.2 software is limited to 20

5, i would say below avg on sound, get a ported barrel and it wont be a problem
6. no need for a stabalizer(your using nitro right?) the build in reg is great

7, it will shoot as far as anything else shooting the same fps

themoose
05-31-2006, 09:09 PM
Chronobreak thank you very much for taking time to answer my questions in full.very helpful :headbang:

Steelrat
05-31-2006, 09:15 PM
hi all! im new to this forum but not to paintball.i have been playing for three years.my marker has been a tricked out a5.i love my tippmann and will keep it but the time came for an upgrade.for the past two years i wanted a tac-one but with an electronic trigger.glad to say that i will be ordering an e-tac in two days! i have been looking around this place for almost two weeks now.this is a great forum you boys have here.i have some questions below on my soon to be new marker.i would like to thank you in advance for your time!

1-You really don't have to get a kit. A .692 or larger barrel will work fine. If not, then carbon fiber kits are always nice.

2-Halo or Vlocity. I haven't used a Vlocity, so I'd favor the Halo.

3-Weight. Etac is heavier. Etac also has picatinny rails.

4-With the XMOD software upgrade, the sky is the limit. Do a search for it here and on ebay.

5-Depends on the barrel

6-Definately not

7-Same distance as any other gun shooting the same velocity. Don't expect to beat the tippman flatlines ;)

cowboy_00
05-31-2006, 09:22 PM

1.I really like my Pipe kit or some other mid range kit (CF is NICE too) its autococker threads.

2. My Emag is warp fed, I really like my warp/revy setup it feeds just fine, for high ROF you might need a qloader or a halo. (ask zak how much better the Q is to the halo)

3. just prettymuch the weight and the body yea.

4. like others have said, GET XMOD and never stop pulling the trigger.

5. I have a standard emag and with the pipe kit i thinks its rather quite, mostly depends on your barrel, as long as you dont have air leaks the gun isnt ultra noisy

6. no, if you run HPA (which you have too) it does not need any other regulation, you cripple the valve but putting more stops in the flow of air. it works best off of HP (1000-1200psi)

7. Same as any other marker at 300fps with a good paint-to-barrel match. that and good velocity control are what make a marker generally well ranged and accurate. (in my experience and opinion only)

Steelrat
05-31-2006, 09:24 PM
2. My Emag is warp fed, I really like my warp/revy setup it feeds just fine, for high ROF you might need a qloader or a halo. (ask zak how much better the Q is to the halo)

We used a Q loader for the testing because it was the fastest, not because it was practical. Frankly, I never once used the thing in a game, and neither did Zak.

Z-man
05-31-2006, 09:49 PM
We used a Q loader for the testing because it was the fastest, not because it was practical. Frankly, I never once used the thing in a game, and neither did Zak.

he's right. It's an amazing design but if you are stupid like me and feel the need to shoot 1500 rounds in a 10 minute game... The Q becomes a nightmare. People who can enjoy them without the frenzy of trying to reload 10+ pods between games.

behemoth
05-31-2006, 09:52 PM
Congratulations on a first post.

You might last a little while around here if you keep it up.

cowboy_00
05-31-2006, 09:52 PM
one of my teammates has a Tac one with a qloader (longbow setup)
He has 13 pods, he fills as soon as we get to the field
once he uses all those pods. he just switches markers to his pumps for the rest of the day.
its not practical for speedball really but in a scenario game it can often be useful (although i still prefer my warp)

themoose
06-01-2006, 06:47 AM
Congratulations on a first post.

You might last a little while around here if you keep it up.

i dont know if this is meant in good humor but thanks!

thank you all for your responses an welcome.im not a fan of the qloader so ill get a halo.i mainly need a marker for woodsball.i think this should be fine.its an overall better marker than my tippmann.

NewbieMagMan10988
06-01-2006, 01:13 PM
its an overall better marker than my tippmann.

Tippmanns are good at what they do, but a mag (IMHO) is overall better.

Any cocker thread barrel kit will work fine. I think you we be verry happy with the new toy!

Welcome to AO by the way!,

Mike

SlartyBartFast
06-01-2006, 04:56 PM
he's right. It's an amazing design but if you are stupid like me and feel the need to shoot 1500 rounds in a 10 minute game... The Q becomes a nightmare. People who can enjoy them without the frenzy of trying to reload 10+ pods between games.

I never did understand why nobody threw together a gadget with a motor to wind the pod and Halo internals to feed...

themoose
06-01-2006, 08:56 PM
while im asking questions.can the feed neck be upgraded/changed or will i need to change the whole body? i new to these style markers so forgive my annoying questions.

rellikmok
06-01-2006, 10:10 PM
while im asking questions.can the feed neck be upgraded/changed or will i need to change the whole body? i new to these style markers so forgive my annoying questions.

Yes it can. Any angel threaded feedneck will do. We were all new to these markers once upon a time.;) :shooting:

Rudz
06-01-2006, 10:28 PM
congrats..i hope you like your new mag..

robnix
06-01-2006, 11:22 PM
Welcome to the forum, it's one of the reasons I'm proud to shoot a mag.

themoose
06-03-2006, 10:50 AM
i purchased a brand new pure energy 88/4500 tank a month ago.what would be the advantage to having the flatline regulator installed on the tank? can i still use a remote?.will it perform different if i use the tank with my tippmann a5? thanks.

behemoth
06-03-2006, 11:03 AM
i dont know if this is meant in good humor but thanks!

thank you all for your responses an welcome.im not a fan of the qloader so ill get a halo.i mainly need a marker for woodsball.i think this should be fine.its an overall better marker than my tippmann.

Nah, i tend to make a big deal about really bad posts.

But yours was decent enough.

Cow hunter
06-03-2006, 11:50 AM
i purchased a brand new pure energy 88/4500 tank a month ago.what would be the advantage to having the flatline regulator installed on the tank? can i still use a remote?.will it perform different if i use the tank with my tippmann a5? thanks.
the flatline is adjustable, and is not a screw in. meaning you have to take off the whole tank to switch it to different markers. i dont know about a remote though

Arstron
06-03-2006, 12:38 PM
If you are planning on ordering directly from agd, you might want to get a hold of tunaman on here, he is an agd dealer and I am sure he can get you a good deal on what you want. ;)