PDA

View Full Version : Level 7

ttink
06-02-2006, 09:39 PM
Hey guys, yesterday i was testing out my level 7 valve and it leaked down the barrel pretty bad. I was just wondering if i was missing any parts (im used to the level 10 powertube setup). Ive got the bolt, the big spring, and this little brass spring. Thats all thats in there right now. Am i missing anything? If im not, and suggestions on how to stop the leak?

flyingpootang
06-03-2006, 12:09 AM
Kinda confussed :confused: The level 10 spacers will not work with the L7 bolt, When you use the L7 spacers it takes the place of the little brass spring. Check to see if the power tube oring is present and use either the tube spacer or little spring. If your using the tube spacers use the next biggest one until it stops leaking...

In order that go into the power tube: Power tube o-ring, either power tube spacer or spring, power tube top and o-ring, bolt, bolt spring :cheers:

Coralis
06-03-2006, 10:08 AM
Exploded view of classic valve (http://www.airgun.com/downloads/valveexplodedview.pdf)

ttink
06-03-2006, 10:21 AM
Kinda confussed :confused: The level 10 spacers will not work with the L7 bolt, When you use the L7 spacers it takes the place of the little brass spring. Check to see if the power tube oring is present and use either the tube spacer or little spring. If your using the tube spacers use the next biggest one until it stops leaking
I have no idea where you came up with me using level 10 spacers... I have the little brass spring however. Do i need level 7 spacers? And i tihnk i am missing the powertube oring.

nixcamic
06-03-2006, 11:04 AM
I have no idea where you came up with me using level 10 spacers...

Simple misinterpertation of you saying you're used to them, thats how I read it the first time.

flyingpootang
06-03-2006, 01:55 PM
I have no idea where you came up with me using level 10 spacers... I have the little brass spring however. Do i need level 7 spacers? And i tihnk i am missing the powertube oring.

Hey guys, yesterday i was testing out my level 7 valve and it leaked down the barrel pretty bad. I was just wondering if i was missing any parts (im used to the level 10 powertube setup). Ive got the bolt, the big spring, and this little brass spring. Thats all thats in there right now. Am i missing anything? If im not, and suggestions on how to stop the leak?

If your missing the power tuge oring that's where your leak is comming from....

ttink
06-04-2006, 08:14 PM
Hey guys, dont worry about it, its not a big deal. But do i need the level 7 spacers?

flyingpootang
06-05-2006, 04:06 AM
Tube spacers are better than the spring. Use the smallest first. If it leaks move up to the next biggest one until it stops leaking...

rlmatthews
06-05-2006, 10:39 AM
You seem to have one of the older classic valves that used a power tube spring instead of a spacer insert. Either the power tube o-ring is shot, or the spring is shot.

Your best bet is to get a power tube spacer set and figure out which one you need to replace the brass spring.

I'd also reccomend replacing the on/off orings. Usually, the small teflon one at the very bottom if the first to fail.

Hope this helps!