PDA

View Full Version : more questions for the educated

HuD1Ni
06-03-2006, 12:16 AM
2 -

1) how do I tell the date of a mag based on the serial, the prefix on my serial is vv, what does this mean, and how do I tell the date and the number of the make ?, or would I have to consilt with AGD ?

2) I don't have to adjust any reg on a mag do I ?, sweet spotting is one thing i'd love to give up :rolleyes:

FinchMan
06-03-2006, 04:59 AM
2 -

1) how do I tell the date of a mag based on the serial, the prefix on my serial is vv, what does this mean, and how do I tell the date and the number of the make ?, or would I have to consilt with AGD ?

2) I don't have to adjust any reg on a mag do I ?, sweet spotting is one thing i'd love to give up :rolleyes:

1) ??

2) the reg is the velocity adjustment. So it's easy. No sweetspotting or anything.

KayleAGD
06-03-2006, 07:34 AM
VV is the prefix for a retro valve I believe. It was a replacement fir the classic valve to make it like a RT.

Arstron
06-03-2006, 07:59 AM
My xvalve has the prefix VV as well.

Cow hunter
06-03-2006, 08:11 AM
My xvalve has the prefix VV as well.
as is mine

RRfireblade
06-03-2006, 08:49 AM
VV is the Sn# distinction that took over when AGD stopped identifying the Valve with the marker it came in.

The SN# itself only suggests a ballpark ralationship with the year of manufacture as valves were more or less mass assembled and not tracked with producion year and specific markers. In addition , every so often an older valve that sat around longer than others would find it's way into a later assemble markers. Except for specially built/assembled markers, you just can really be sure ofthe year.

HuD1Ni
06-03-2006, 12:52 PM
alright guys, thanks for the help