PDA

View Full Version : What should I do??

docscott
06-03-2006, 07:19 PM
Actually, I know what I'm going to do: buy an automag. The question is which one.

Here is where I'm at:
My sons and I have been playing for a few years. We started off wit A-5s, a great, reliable gun. We moved to Phantoms, and currently play almost exclusively with our pumps on our local rec ball field, both woods and speedball, and do pretty well against all the fancy semis.

I want a faster gun than the A-5, and after lots of research, I settled on an Automag, for the same reasons I originally chose the A-5, reliability, elegance of design, low maintenence.

My question is: Should I get an RT Pro, or an E-Mag?

With the ULE trigger, what is the practical max ROF with the RT Pro? Not the theoretical ROF based on valve recharge time, what do people actually achieve in play? Can you walk the ULE trigger?

How well does the E-mag do in bad weather? If I play in the rain, will I need to leave the battery in the car and play in manual mode?

Any othe advice you think might be helpful would be appreciated. Thanks

Scott

paintman1234
06-03-2006, 07:35 PM
dont expect a mech mag to be faster then an a-5 (much anyways) unless you run a bunch of air into it and sweet spot it

It will be hard to walk even with a ule but you can do it with a little practice.

an emag should be fine in weather just make sure your grip screws are on good

glad to see your playing pump and teaching the semi's a lesson :clap:

Chronobreak
06-03-2006, 07:40 PM
while ealking a ult is hyped beyond beliefe here on AO, and is agreeabley(spl) difficult to do it is possible, but unlikely and generaly unreliable(when a shortroke can cost you valuable time on the field)

also my only gripe with the lvlX(air release time incase of a pinch/chuff)

i would say with some practice you should be able to fan the trigger to 10-12 without much effort, but that may depend on the user

i personaly prefer the stock on/off , while heavier it helps inprove reaction time.

i wouldnt worry about playing in the rain with an e-mag( few did at our AO day this year) and ive seen many others.

i would buy a stock mech mag, and either buy e-lowers at a later time, or if your unhappy with the stock performanse/setup hoepfuly more options will be available by then

docscott
06-03-2006, 07:49 PM
i would say with some practice you should be able to fan the trigger to 10-12 without much effort, but that may depend on the user

i personaly prefer the stock on/off , while heavier it helps inprove reaction time.

i would buy a stock mech mag, and either buy e-lowers at a later time, or if your unhappy with the stock performanse/setup hoepfuly more options will be available by then

Thanks. What exactly is "fanning" the trigger?

What do you mean by the "stock on/off"?

How difficult is it to upgrade a mech to an E-mag? I'm pretty handy w tools, but I would hesitate to do anything I could easily mess up on a $500 marker.

Scott

stop whining buy a mag
06-03-2006, 07:53 PM
Your average microswitch is 25 grams. 27.5 grams=one ounce. ULT=15 ounces. Not really walkable unless you put a lot of shims in there.

I played with my E-mag several times in the rain and not once did the battery go out or did water get through the grips.

Get an E-mag and then get the XMOD on it. You'll be set. E-mail Tunaman on exactly what you want and go visit LorneCashes thread in the Deep Blue section.

Chronobreak
06-03-2006, 07:56 PM
Thanks. What exactly is "fanning" the trigger?

What do you mean by the "stock on/off"?

How difficult is it to upgrade a mech to an E-mag? I'm pretty handy w tools, but I would hesitate to do anything I could easily mess up on a $500 marker.

Scott

instead of walking your fingers alternating back and forth you use two fingers together and just,...well fan em...its really easy but kinda hard to explain

the ult is an aftermarket(or alternate) on/off aseembly, it trades a lighter pull for reactivity and overall rof

if i recall e-mag lowers just bolton like a new frame/foregrip, but might want to double check that, i do know it is not hard or time consuming

-edit, the stock on/off is what the retro generaly refers to with the trigger bounce/reset

wardog187
06-03-2006, 08:03 PM
ys I personally prefer mechs to electros (and I play against shockers and timmys Every TIME!! i play) but I have found mechs to be more low maintenence and much more reliable than any elctro on the market today ((personal opinion)) but if I were you I would stick to the 68 classic because it is just so reliable.

going_home
06-03-2006, 08:16 PM
PM AO'er Tunaman and get an Emag with his Tunablade trigger.
Then get the Xmod software and put it on the marker.
It makes it have the full auto, semi, PSP and NXL modes.
Lot of fun to play with.
It will keep up with any electro out there with the Xmod software.

paintman1234
06-03-2006, 08:22 PM
ya dont expect a mech mag to shoot faster then your a-5 like i said unless you sweet spot it

fanning is putting bolth fingers togather and running them up and down your trigger i belive, going from the bottem to top of the trigger as fast as you can