PDA

View Full Version : Question about E-Mag Valve

rlmatthews
06-05-2006, 01:11 AM
I've been having a number of probelms with my EMag lately, and I'm looking for some input.

First problems: Gun fired OK in manual mode, didn't like E mode or Hybrid.

Solution: Battery pack wasn't holding charge.

Second problem: Insane trigger bounce in Manual mode. Trigger pull is (IMHO) too light. E Mode is unhappy at best. Sometimes it fires, sometimes it just clicks.

Solution: Installed XMOD. Gun seemed to dry fire fine, at up to 26 bps.

Took gun to the field today. Didn't fire at all in any mode. :mad:
Decided it was time for the valves first tune-up in my posession. I bought it about 8 weeks ago and was told it had just been tuned by AGD. This worries me a lot from what I found.

Observation #1: If I hadn't bought an entire RT rebuild kit, I would never have noticed this. The bumper was a blue level 7. This is an E-Valve with a L10 bolt. (Bear in mind, I am only newly returned to the sport, and the level 7 Automag was the only gun I ever needed back in the day. I never owned or serviced an RT so the blue bumper looked like it belonged there at first)

Observation #2 The On/Off pin was sticking bad, causing the gun to not fire all the time. I removed the entire assembly and replaced all the o-rings. The pin itself was starting to round off at the end, and had noticible gouges in the sides causing it to tear up the small o-ring.

My questions are this:

Why would the level 7 bumper be in there at all? (I am told you can crack the power tube by doing this) :wow:

What could cause the sides of the on-off pin to scratch (vertically) when it only rides on o-rings? :confused:

I'm beginning to think the last person to rebuild this wasn't AGD, but instead someone who had limited understanding of how it was supposed to work and simply did the rebuild with used parts from what he had on hand. :cuss:

Comments?

flyingpootang
06-07-2006, 12:31 PM
L10 takes the clear bumpers. They are a little thinner than the blue (can't be used on L10)ones. The best way to keep them from being worn out quickly is to super glue it to the valve.

M mode bounce it's supposed to bounce it's reactive. The reativity is affected by the input pressure. Needed minimum pressure for your marker to cycle is 850~900 PSI.

Why the on/off pin scratches? got me on that one, but its common.

Spare parts can be bought from AGD directly or try [email protected] , He has a good sized inventory and his shipping rates are really good.

rlmatthews
06-10-2006, 12:06 AM
I was able to figure out where the on/off scratches and rounded end came from.
It would appear that the on/off pin was from an RT, cut down with channel locks
and an angle cutter to an approximate length. Replacing it made the problem go
away.

Thanks for the help!