PDA

View Full Version : Once I saw a flatline mag for sale....

jsdatjsd
06-05-2006, 08:13 PM
By a japanese mod company. Instead of a curved barrel, they placed a small square chunk of metal in the barrel, that could be adjusted form the outside, up or down. It would catch the ball as the ball sped past, and give it backspin.

At the time I thought this owuld make for a lot of ball breaks in the barrel.

Has anyone heard of this?

What are pplz thoughts on it?

I mean, if I had a stock barrel, and an aftermarket barrel,. its the kind of thin I would try on the stock barrel, just for kicks. Pull out the dremel, cut a hole, clamp a piece of metal in the hole, and see if I could get it to shoot.....

teufelhunden
06-05-2006, 08:32 PM
You mean the Z-Body by, uh, Galactic Systems? I'm sure you could find some info on here if ya poked around.

Unless I'm out of my mind..

bentothejam1n
06-05-2006, 08:40 PM
the z body used special detents to give back spin. so i dont think thats it

ttink
06-05-2006, 08:55 PM
Z-bodies require huge barrel bores ive heard, someting like .696?? im not sure, but i know theres only like one lapco barrel that works well with the body.

Major Ho
06-05-2006, 09:45 PM
With current stuff out there on the market more readily available, Id say get a ULE body and cocker threaded APEX barrel. They wonderfully and consistently put a spin on the ball at varying degrees of your choice as well as left right and downward spins

pbzmag
06-06-2006, 12:34 AM
Like the others said, It's the Z-Body made by Galactic Systemz. It uses an adjustible rubber ramp like the ones used in airsoft guns. It did require a large bore barrel that they also made. I use the largest bore barrel by Custom Products. The body did work but was finiky with the type of rounds you used. It's been out of production for quite some time now.

Jaan
06-06-2006, 12:35 AM
There was a z-body for sale on e-bay not too long ago. Might still be under completed items.

BigEvil
06-06-2006, 06:33 AM
Those back spin gimicks are highly over-rated. Yes, they can shoot far But the shots are very inconsistant, and you really need to shoot at a slower speed to get the best out of them. I have litterally just stepped out of the way of those flatline shots. They are also very dependent on the quality of paint.

st6212
06-06-2006, 06:48 AM
I owned a Z-body when they first came out. I got it not because of the spin feature, but because of how it looked, no longer did I have to settle for a round tube for a body, but now be able to have a nicer looking mag similar to a micromag.

In the end I never actually used/installed it. Not sure what happened to it, I think it's still in its packing brand new lost in limbo somewhere around the house.

But just the fact that you needed a large bore barrel (larger than the size of the ball you were using) pretty much meant goodbye to accuracy.

doc_Zox
06-06-2006, 08:14 AM
http://i9.ebayimg.com/02/i/07/3f/72/a9_1.JPG
http://cgi.ebay.com/Automag-minimag-RT-AGD-Galactic-Z-body-Paintball-E_W0QQitemZ7246041135QQihZ015QQcategoryZ47245QQssP ageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Starting bid: US $145.00

Buy it Now price: US $165.00