PDA

View Full Version : scenario ballers might like this

BD_Paintball
06-06-2006, 06:06 PM
well i was looking at the news on pbn and ran into this thread. i know AO is into the scenario ball so i thought it would be nice to pass this along. enjoy

The Underground Mod Shop is bringing the “Defender” to DDay!

http://www.blackleafoutfitters.com/forumpics/defender1.jpg
http://www.blackleafoutfitters.com/forumpics/defender2.jpg
http://www.blackleafoutfitters.com/forumpics/defender3.jpg
http://www.blackleafoutfitters.com/forumpics/defender4.jpg

This is one cool setup! If you would like to see the full sized pictures and all the specs please stop by the UMS forum:
http://www.undergroundmodshop.com/forums/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=3419

This thing is absolutly incredible. I wish I was going to be at D-Day to see it in action.

PBN thread http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1581806

ttink
06-06-2006, 06:10 PM
OMGEEZ. That is cool. You dont even have to be into the scenario thing to see that that is just plain wicked.

jenarelJAM
06-06-2006, 06:26 PM
What is it? a Grenade launcher?

BD_Paintball
06-06-2006, 06:31 PM
What is it? a Grenade launcher?
its 4 tippmann A-5's hooked together. 2 in each hand. if you click the link that is quoted there are more pics and a description of the gun.

shartley
06-06-2006, 06:58 PM
Yes, Britt did a great job on that. We talked about it on the phone for quite a while last night.

He has more plans for it after D-Day as well…. look for some great stuff coming up from Britt and The Underground Mod Shop.

warbeak2099
06-06-2006, 07:16 PM
That's pretty neat. It's like a mech bot or something. However, having seen the BS products on those guys' website I hope they get hit before they can even shoot the thing in battle. They have so many products that are absolute BS and they try to sucker noobs into buying them.

98 Flatline for the Tippmann A5
[98FLATLINEA5] $149.99

What happens when you modify a 98 flatline to work on the Tippmann A5? You get the best of both worlds.

The longer 98 flatline seems to give a much flatter and longer trajectory than the shorter A5 flatline.

See? The longer the barrel, the flatter and longer the trajectory! Next they'll come out with a 21" Sniper Edition Flatline.

shartley
06-06-2006, 07:32 PM
That's pretty neat. It's like a mech bot or something. However, having seen the BS products on those guys' website I hope they get hit before they can even shoot the thing in battle. They have so many products that are absolute BS and they try to sucker noobs into buying them.

See? The longer the barrel, the flatter and longer the trajectory! Next they'll come out with a 21" Sniper Edition Flatline.
First of all, they are not trying to BS nor sucker noobs. They make NO claims in what you posted. READ what they actually wrote. “seems” is what they said. And they compare it to the standard A5 Flatline. Have YOU tested them? Do YOU know what he said was BS?

Also, they target serious scenario and milsim players, not noobs. Go take a look at the UMS forums and you will see that most of the customers are very experienced players.

I know Britt and he is only out to make and sell a quality product. He admits that most of his products are external bolt on stuff. But he does have some items that are not, such as the modified 98 Flatlines.

I would suggest you look a little more carefully before making such negative statements about a business (and guy) who is very honest and concerned about quality products.

Middie002
06-06-2006, 08:04 PM

Sorry bud, but its been proven that the 98 version of the Tippmann flatline, while much uglier, outperforms the A5 version.

As for your mistatement about the shop's products, there is nothing misleading about any of them. Please, point out some other BS products you feel are trying to sucker the noobs into buying. Sure, a 3 prong flash hider isn't going to make your marker invisible on the field. Its a cosmetic upgrade. A vented flatline shroud wont increase the performance of your flatline, but only make it look better.

The UnderGroundModShop is a quality shop run by a standup modder, Britt AKA Flatlinesup. Please think next time because you yourself may spew some BS.

Warwitch
06-06-2006, 08:08 PM
Looks like a sweet rig to me. Id love to see a video :headbang:

jsdatjsd
06-06-2006, 08:27 PM
Wow. Ok, Im gonna have to increase my budget.....

It totally looks cool. But whoever uses it had better think small unit tactics, and not try to tank. Hes a big, slow target.

He will need a squad to watch his sides and back.

JD

punkncat
06-06-2006, 09:32 PM
OMG!!!!!!! :eek: :clap: :hail:

THAT is one cool setup!

Cow hunter
06-06-2006, 09:37 PM
It totally looks cool. But whoever uses it had better think small unit tactics, and not try to tank. Hes a big, slow target.

He will need a squad to watch his sides and back.

JD
true, or he could make some"armor"

Army
06-06-2006, 09:45 PM
Very impressive! Excellent use of the A5 platform too, as the Cyclone feed answers the problem of feeding from a back-pack.

IIIIIIIIIII want one!!

cowboy_00
06-06-2006, 09:46 PM
its cool....

but oh so massively pointless.

I like it though!

robnix
06-06-2006, 09:49 PM
but oh so massively pointless.

That's the best part!

Toll
06-06-2006, 09:55 PM
*watches as he catches a lucky one from some tippmann 98 at 300 feet*

The heavy equiptment is fun to play with, I'll givem that.

p8ntball72
06-07-2006, 12:31 PM
Copied from Oklahoma D-day RULES page..

Beginning in 2006, ONLY Sixty-Eight (.68 caliber markers, will be allowed at D-Day. This event is Field Paint Only, and we will only be selling .68 Caliber paint. Sixty-Eight caliber markers will be allowed only if meeting the following conditions:

The Bunker Management reserves the right to disallow any marker/delivery system if they deem it is unsafe.

No full auto/3 round burst/response trigger. SEMI-AUTO ONLY. This ability must be able to be disengaged/disabled for the duration of the game, either by a lock-out device on electronic triggers, or by changing out the trigger frame to a non-electronic trigger. (Water and electronic triggers don’t mix well, and you may have the (unavoidable) ‘opportunity’ to experience water getting in your trigger frame).

ALL markers must be fired through one of the staff radar chronograph stations. Maximum velocity for daytime play is 285 fps, and night play is 250 fps.

Any marker that can adjust the velocity without tools, MUST HAVE a velocity lock-down device (tourney cap). The player must provide a VLD for their own marker to be able to play.

So if this guy made the Gun for D-day.... WTF

stop whining buy a mag
06-07-2006, 12:48 PM
Copied from Oklahoma D-day RULES page..

Beginning in 2006, ONLY Sixty-Eight (.68 caliber markers, will be allowed at D-Day. This event is Field Paint Only, and we will only be selling .68 Caliber paint. Sixty-Eight caliber markers will be allowed only if meeting the following conditions:

The Bunker Management reserves the right to disallow any marker/delivery system if they deem it is unsafe.

No full auto/3 round burst/response trigger. SEMI-AUTO ONLY. This ability must be able to be disengaged/disabled for the duration of the game, either by a lock-out device on electronic triggers, or by changing out the trigger frame to a non-electronic trigger. (Water and electronic triggers don’t mix well, and you may have the (unavoidable) ‘opportunity’ to experience water getting in your trigger frame).

ALL markers must be fired through one of the staff radar chronograph stations. Maximum velocity for daytime play is 285 fps, and night play is 250 fps.

Any marker that can adjust the velocity without tools, MUST HAVE a velocity lock-down device (tourney cap). The player must provide a VLD for their own marker to be able to play.

So if this guy made the Gun for D-day.... WTF

I'm wondering the same thing. Most fields only allow you to carry one marker and sometimes a sidearm. I'm guessing each "trigger pull" on that joystick fires 2 markers at once, so that also makes it illegal.

Cool idea but very ineffective and illegal. I'd imagine if they let him on the field, he would have to play under different rules than everyone else.

p8ntball72
06-07-2006, 12:58 PM
It has a compilation of 4 Tippmann A-5's, in two gun systems, which are equipped with APE Rampage boarded E-Grips, gauged male Palmer's Stabilizers and QEV's assist in the maintainance of gas, and UMS 98/A5 Flatlines in custom shrouds round out the upgrades to the A-5's.
The fire control system is comprised of single joystick triggers currently tied in parallel to the Rampaged E-grips on either gun system.
it appears that this machine will fire approximately 80 rounds PER SECOND!!! that is over 5 times faster than our current machine guns cyclic rates and at a distance and trajectory that will be difficult to combat.

:rolleyes: :nono:

shartley
06-07-2006, 01:52 PM
To answer your question…. He has permission to use this. He cleared it before he even built it. It is a promotional system (think “Hell Hound” but that WORKS). He is also not playing the entire game with it, but only a short period of time. The logistics for keeping that thing loaded if he was rocking and rolling would prevent it anyways.

As for the 80BPS…. Come on now. Sure it has 80BPS, but if you have 6 players shooting 20 BPS at an area you now have 120BPS!!! WOW ;)

Tanks also often have more than one gun on them. This is a scenario folks, not tournament ball or even standard rec play. Scenarios often allow special rules for special people or situations. And for all the hype, he will really not be at that much of an advantage over other players. He will be slow to move, have limited paint, and really can do no more harm than a few other players hosing down a similar area. In fact, he may do LESS harm since his aiming will be more like simply hosing down an area.

I think you two are making more of the safety issue than is really there. But that is just how I see it.

ransomMAG
06-07-2006, 02:10 PM
:wow: run for your lives, it's a one man tank :shooting:

bthang
06-07-2006, 02:34 PM
He can control firing modes to just regular semiauto...

As far as vulnerability, he does have Tippmann 98 Flatlines. Generally he is out of the range of non-flatline/non-Apex players and I don't think anyone here doubts he can keep their head down.

As far as the safety issues, the 80BPS bit I'm sure was to brag and plus the wow factor. It wouldn't be very practical to go out on the field blazing like that. That's a case in as little as 25 seconds. Besides all that, we all know the biggest danger in paintball comes from close range combat or bunkering, and that setup isn't exactly bunker friendly. On top of that, there are many members here and elsewhere that could vouch that Flatline'sUP would not purposely set his guns to fullauto and place others in danger.

Jeffy-CanCon
06-07-2006, 02:55 PM
Does anyone else see a resemblance to the "Auto-lotto Balls" of the old Sgt. Splatter cartoons?

p8ntball72
06-07-2006, 02:58 PM
He can control firing modes to just regular semiauto...

As far as vulnerability, he does have Tippmann 98 Flatlines. Generally he is out of the range of non-flatline/non-Apex players and I don't think anyone here doubts he can keep their head down.

As far as the safety issues, the 80BPS bit I'm sure was to brag and plus the wow factor. It wouldn't be very practical to go out on the field blazing like that. That's a case in as little as 25 seconds. Besides all that, we all know the biggest danger in paintball comes from close range combat or bunkering, and that setup isn't exactly bunker friendly. On top of that, there are many members here and elsewhere that could vouch that Flatline'sUP would not purposely set his guns to fullauto and place others in danger.

Rules are rules. If your going to allow this then you Have no control as a promoter in regards to Insured Rate of fire requirements.

If Rate of fire wasn't important, then it would not be in the Rules.

Will a promoter Disregard the Compliance agreement that he signed to obtain Insurance??
Sure will, they do it everyday.

jsdatjsd
06-07-2006, 05:28 PM
over 5 times faster than our current machine guns cyclic rates and at a distance and trajectory that will be difficult to combat.

:rolleyes: :nono:

Any foo who walks onto a field against that is gonna be one sore fool.

Maggot6
06-07-2006, 07:54 PM
4 apex's on each barrel. Just stay "home" and have all the apex's in a big left-right tragectory, and well, shoot people....

:tard:

mag_lover05
06-08-2006, 09:34 AM

thats is the most unintelligent thing i have ever heard. :dodgy:

being an avid tippmann userr, doing many projects and experimenting, the 98 version of the flatline, actually does out perform the A5's flatline. it is a simple mod, and it is very nice. please think, and study up on something, before telling us its "BS".

[/rant]