PDA

View Full Version : Bummed out:(

Robg54
06-06-2006, 07:17 PM
Hey. I bought my rt pro the other day and was waiting on my brand new 92 ci 4500 psi hp crossfire and my mask. Bought from actionvillage.com and got the tank for $153 new:)

Then I open up the box and see my new max and a tank MUCH smaller than anticipated.

They sent me a worrgames 50 ci 3000 psi ALUMINUM pos.

Now, having been looking forward to playing this weekend, i am dissappointed.

I call up.

SO they are "very sorry" that they messed up my order. ANd now I need to ship back the pos tank. I wanted my tank TODAY. That's why I ordered last week. Now they are saying that I get free shipping of same class. If I want rushed shipping (I am playing this weekend, right?) I need to cover the difference. I think if they messed up, they should go out of their way to fix it, eh?

Now, in order to get them to ship my tank (the absolutely last one left in stock) I need to ... pay for it. That's right. Pay more money or they don't ship till the pos arrives back in chicago.

Pay $153, right? No. Pay $190 something. Why? The lady game me some reason about signing it and reduccing the price. I will only pay $153, but the credit card needs to clear $190 something.

And it doesn't. Declined. So I check Chase.com to see the deal. Not only do I not have a high balance, I am actually in a CREDIT of $209, but I'm waiting on 2 $460 payments to clear from like a week ago. I have an $1100 limit, and with $920 pending. That means my available credit is such that the $153 WOULD have cleared.

After 20 mins on the phone w/ chase, they are able to complete one of my payments. Now I'm about to call back.

It just frustrates me that their mistake is now costing ME money.

And the ebay guy is annoyed at me cause I won't give hum feedback till I see if my mag leaks.

Action village has decent prices on some items, but the customer support sux. I know at my last job, with a strong customer service backhground, we always did our best to keep our customers when we messed up and went out of our wat to make em happy. Don't expect this at action village. I'll update you guys when I see how the last bit goes.

FallNAngel
06-06-2006, 07:45 PM
I can see having to pay for the tank up front if you're cross-shipping. That's definately reasonable. You having to pay extra for upgraded shipping, that's BS. It's their fault, they should cover it. Did you just talk to someone behind the desk, or did you ask to speak to a manager?

mag_lover05
06-06-2006, 07:56 PM
im so glad i buy and support the local stors. it may cost a couple extra bucks, but they offer so much more, like garuntee's that online companies cant, cuz they dont know one product from another, they just know that a "2607Q" is what you got and you wanted a "1483S"

Robg54
06-06-2006, 08:07 PM
Ok, well I did what I should have done origionally. I called and asked to speak to a manager. He was slightly more reasonable and did ups. He didn't charge me any extra for shipping and gave me shipping such that it's guranteed by friday. Crisis averted.

Well, I'm just happy I'm getting the tank I want at the price I first signed up for. If it takes a little extra time and I need to have a bit more mone charged om my cc for some time, it's not the end of the world.

I just can't wait to et out on the field and bust people up w/ my new rt.