PDA

View Full Version : Flatline regulator

docscott
06-07-2006, 05:50 AM
Do I really need one for an E-mag? Exactly what makes it special? And where can I buy a tank without a reg already on to save some cash if I wantr a flatline? And how come Tippmann doesn't complain about the name?
Thanks
S

buzzboy
06-07-2006, 06:02 AM
It is just a good adjustable reg. Good for mags for the rapid firing. Not needed for an emag but good for using hybrid and mech mode.

I hope tippmann won't complain, this came out first iirc

st6212
06-07-2006, 06:11 AM
They can't complain because they are different and distinct products. One is a barrel, one is a reg.

If both were barrels and Tippmann registered the "Flatline" name, then yes they can complain and have AGD required to change the name of their product.

Hexis
06-07-2006, 09:19 AM
You can't "copyright" a name. You can register it as a trademark. In fact, Tippman's Trademark registration is serial 78584856.

st6212
06-07-2006, 11:18 AM
That's it....trademark....couldn't think of the word.

docscott
06-07-2006, 11:42 AM
They can't complain because they are different and distinct products. One is a barrel, one is a reg.

If both were barrels and Tippmann registered the "Flatline" name, then yes they can complain and have AGD required to change the name of their product.

I was kidding. Is humor dead? :rolleyes:

Do I really need an adjustable reg, or will I be ok with a fixed 800 psi? And still, where can I getg a tank without a reg pre-installed?

S

nixcamic
06-07-2006, 01:17 PM

This is the internet, sarcasm is an unknown to most people.....

jenarelJAM
06-07-2006, 05:23 PM

Do I really need an adjustable reg, or will I be ok with a fixed 800 psi? And still, where can I getg a tank without a reg pre-installed?

S
A fixed tank will be fine, most people just use fixed.

I don't know where you can get a tank w/o a reg, but if you want a new flatline tank with reg installed, talk to Tunaman, he sells them. That's where I got mine.

jsdatjsd
06-07-2006, 06:17 PM

Not quite true about different products.

GM came out with a car named the Beretta, and got sued by the company. GM settled out of court for a $500,000 donation to charity and a Beretta Coupe. I guess the gun makers liked the car.

Different products, same name. Legal action still possible, but in the case of Tipp vs AGD, it wuld be a difficult battle, since both have coexisted for a number of years and neither one has made an issue of it.

Just my .012 cents.

-JD

buzzboy
06-07-2006, 08:10 PM
smartparts.com and www.tunamart.com have tanks. Tunaman will attatch a flaline to either one of his tanks or to one of yours.

st6212
06-08-2006, 10:48 AM
This is the internet, sarcasm is an unknown to most people.....

This is the internet and unless he uses an emote to express his intent in his statement/question to indicate something else, then its left for interpretation.

st6212
06-08-2006, 11:12 AM
Not quite true about different products.

GM came out with a car named the Beretta, and got sued by the company. GM settled out of court for a $500,000 donation to charity and a Beretta Coupe. I guess the gun makers liked the car.

Different products, same name. Legal action still possible, but in the case of Tipp vs AGD, it wuld be a difficult battle, since both have coexisted for a number of years and neither one has made an issue of it.

Just my .012 cents.

-JD

That is a special case. If a name/product becomes extremely powerful or famous, it may be possible for it to be extended to goods not inherently covered by it. If the name/product can be shown to be famous and extremely well-known, it will be granted trademark protection in fields beyond its normal use or service.

It's why you don't see the name "Beretta" used elsewhere.

So in the case of AGD and Tipmann using "Flatline", something similar to the GM vs Beretta case is highly unlikely. As "Flatline" is used in the medical field and I think there may be a heavy metal band called that too. :D

docscott
06-09-2006, 01:27 PM
So in the case of AGD and Tipmann using "Flatline", something similar to the GM vs Beretta case is highly unlikely. As "Flatline" is used in the medical field and I think there may be a heavy metal band called that too. :D

Of course, in the medical field, flatline is a slang term meaning asystole, i.e no electrical activity in the heart, and I personally have never used it, it's so imprecise. Not that that has anything to do with my original question.

Scott