PDA

View Full Version : selector Switch Request

StygShore
06-07-2006, 09:44 AM
Have any dealers ever offerred aluminum slector switches or sensor cover plates for the Emag/Xmag?

I noticed a lot of people break the selector on these guns, myself included, and want a sturdier alternative. In addition, an aluminum sensor cover could be annoed for additional flare on the gun.

Thanks

Styg

luke
06-07-2006, 11:53 AM
I don't have an emag, can you post pictures of the parts? (close up, front and back)

StygShore
06-07-2006, 12:10 PM
http://www.airgun.com/downloads/emagexploded.pdf

Thats your best bet for a blown up photo. I can send you the parts off my xmag if you want to try and duplicate them.

Styg

flyingpootang
06-07-2006, 12:39 PM
Sounds cool. I'd need at least 2...

luke
06-07-2006, 12:43 PM
http://www.airgun.com/downloads/emagexploded.pdf

Thats your best bet for a blown up photo. I can send you the parts off my xmag if you want to try and duplicate them.

Styg

If you want to send them to me I'll take a look.

Tunaman
06-07-2006, 02:39 PM
Dont use aluminum for the hall cover. It could short out the switch as the wires are exposed.

StygShore
06-07-2006, 03:22 PM
Good call, I noticed that when I took the cover off. it would have to be insullated in some way, so just a selector switch would be fine, unless you can get creative.

Styg

luke
06-07-2006, 03:45 PM
Good call, I noticed that when I took the cover off. it would have to be insullated in some way, so just a selector switch would be fine, unless you can get creative.

Styg

I could do them in plastic (7 colors to choose from)

StygShore
06-07-2006, 09:04 PM
Might have you do some milling work ont he Xmag as well.

Do you have an anodizer? Being able to anodize the switch and cover would be a plus.

What if you did a 2 part cover, plastic on one side, aluminum on the other? The screw would hold the parts together in place. Then you have the best of both worlds.

Styg

Tunaman
06-08-2006, 05:10 AM

Do you have an anodizer? Being able to anodize the switch and cover would be a plus.

What if you did a 2 part cover, plastic on one side, aluminum on the other? The screw would hold the parts together in place. Then you have the best of both worlds.

StygIt's still going to be conductive. Dont use aluminum. Its going to cause problems unless you find a way to totally insulate it from the frame and screw.

luke
06-12-2006, 12:15 PM

Styg

I don't offer anodizing, sorry.

I'll look into milling some switches and make a mold for plastic switches and covers if you can loan me yours.....

luke
06-12-2006, 12:39 PM
I decited just to order them, I needed o rings anyway.

I'll do a custom aluminum selector switch, and I'll probably mold the custom switch, sensor cover and battery pin...

Watch the dealer forum for the release...

StygShore
06-12-2006, 02:09 PM
cool idea to do custom pins as well. I think Frymark was the only one that offerred the custom switch covers, other than that I always see black.

I'll keep an eye out for what you come up with.

Thanks

Styg

I actually ordered a new set of switch covers and the selector for extras to send to you :) I'll keep them as spares when they get here, can never have enough parts.

luke
06-12-2006, 03:26 PM
Sorry about that. I wouldn't have even ask if I had known they were so inexpensive...

StygShore
06-12-2006, 08:22 PM
no problem, they were so inexpensive, thats why I orderred them instead of just giving you mine.

I'll keep em as spares... heck eventually if I keep enough spares I'll just build another gun :)

Styg

Hexis
06-13-2006, 08:09 AM
Dont use aluminum for the hall cover. It could short out the switch as the wires are exposed.

Anodized aluminum is non-conductive.