PDA

View Full Version : AO ARMY - A CALL TO ARMS!!!! Mythbusters and OC Choppers

AGD
06-07-2006, 11:56 PM
AO Army,

Once again i must call on you my brothers to flex your muscle and make your voices heard!

Bill Shatner has sent a request to the Mythbusters and the guys from Orange County Choppers to come and lead their own divisions at Shatnerball. In order for them to know how popular paintball is and how many people are doing this I need the AO Army to go over to their fan sites and recrute support for them attending.

We did this same thing with the Shatner site and look at how many people came to AO and the event. We need YOUR help to get these guys to agree to come. I need you to be NICE to everyone over there and help them understand how cool it would be to play along side your favorite TV star. We need a big show of force so please if you could all pop over and infiltrate their ranks for a couple days it will make the Shanter event a big hit and more fun for everyone!

Thanks and have at 'em!!

Commander Kaye

master_alexander
06-07-2006, 11:58 PM
that would be sooo cool...

latches109
06-08-2006, 12:06 AM
ok, edit: doh! i need to read the fine print before i post. "their own divisions at Shatnerball." :ninja:

Hexis
06-08-2006, 12:11 AM
The OCC guys should be easy, just get Paul Senior to tell Junior that he can't play paintball.

behemoth
06-08-2006, 12:20 AM
The OCC guys should be easy, just get Paul Senior to tell Junior that he can't play paintball.

haha, that should work.

But, if you ever watch letterman, they had biff henderson go on the OCC show, and they CnC'd a pic of David Letterman onto a piece of aluminum

then, Jr. had a milsim 98c, and was shooting the CnC Face.

Then, biff said 'I'll give you 10 bucks if you can piss your dad off in less than 30 seconds.'

so, Jr. went and shot the glass window to Sr.'s office.

(he got the 10 bucks.)

Rudz
06-08-2006, 02:55 AM
anyone find emails? i found some fan sites and forums, but who knows if they ever read them

Rudz
06-08-2006, 03:02 AM
Please contact the corporate office for more information at the following address and phone number:

Orange County Choppers
27 Stone Castle Road
Rock Tavern, NY 12575

PH: 845.567.0595
FX: 845.567.0630

coprate offices huh? maybe we have to get thru them , unless someone has paul sr's cell phone

MicroMiniMe
06-08-2006, 08:28 AM
Mythbusters might be a harder sell. This is the PBS show right. Detectives and academics. They might need some theorem to prove in conjunction with the activities planned.

Might get their head spinning on paintball 'accuracy' and 'trajectory' and the industry hype around them.

Dayspring
06-08-2006, 08:45 AM
No, the Mythbusters guys from Discovery Channel- the ones who blow crap up on a weekly basis.

Skittle
06-08-2006, 09:09 AM
No, the Mythbusters guys from Discovery Channel- the ones who blow crap up on a weekly basis.

Man I love those guys. I wish Shatnerball wasnt all the way on the other side of the USA.

ahellers
06-08-2006, 09:21 AM
tell them to bust whether frozen paint is more accurate, we all know it not but they dont,

you all know theres plenty of paintball myths
dare i say autococker more accurate then automags? :eek:
t

BigEvil
06-08-2006, 09:29 AM
tell them to bust whether frozen paint is more accurate, we all know it not but they dont,

you all know theres plenty of paintball myths
dare i say autococker more accurate then automags? :eek:
t

Can you just imagine them doing a paintball related show that debunks every word the smart parts has ever uttered? WOW :wow:

BTW, they have been known to use paintballs on the show.

AND I WANT TO MEET KARI!!!!!

http://iaro.srv.hu/kep/karibyron.JPG

ahellers
06-08-2006, 09:40 AM
what paintball myths have they done?
when ever there making phumatic rigs im always thinking "wouldnt it be easier just to use a paintball gun"
t

SCpoloRicker
06-08-2006, 10:26 AM
So, the whole post pictures of Kari thing... we should stay away from that, right?

/dang

ahellers
06-08-2006, 12:13 PM
:(
t

bentothejam1n
06-08-2006, 12:28 PM
mythbusters did a show to see who was tougher (adam and jamie). Basically they shot each other untill they gave up. I'll find the link to the vid in a minute
high res (http://webdog.specialopspaintball.com/video/oldschool/Mythbusters.wmv)
low res (http://webdog.specialopspaintball.com/video/oldschool/Mythbusterslo.wmv)

rkjunior303
06-08-2006, 12:44 PM
So, the whole post pictures of Kari thing... we should stay away from that, right?

/dang

The View?

AGD
06-08-2006, 01:48 PM
Guys,

We need you to dig up the forums where the fans hang out and go there and post. This needs to happen SOON since they are reading the emails today. Here is one for the Mythbusters
http://forum.mythbustersfanclub.com/index.php/board,2.0.html

Thanks!!

AGD

evildead420
06-08-2006, 01:53 PM
posted on the Paintball Network on Myspace. hope it somewhat helps :cheers: see you Shatnerball 06 :dance:

tippmannsniper-
06-08-2006, 02:19 PM
^^^ what paintbal thing on myspace

doc_Zox
06-08-2006, 03:01 PM
http://community.discovery.com/groupee/forums/a/frm/f/9491991946
OCC

http://community.discovery.com/1/OpenTopic?a=frm&cdra=Y&s=6941912904&f=9401967776
Mythbusters

Rudz
06-08-2006, 03:02 PM
I have started a thread on theyr'e forum, let her rip.

http://forum.mythbustersfanclub.com/index.php/topic,6323.0.html

ahellers
06-08-2006, 03:34 PM
link doesnt seem to be working
t

Rudz
06-08-2006, 03:44 PM
Mine works, I just tested it, and did so befoe i posted, maybe you have to register first like I did.

Remington
06-08-2006, 03:56 PM
Didn't work for me either rudz. :confused:

Mythbusters and OCC would defintely make the coolest guest commanders that I can think of! :clap:

maxama10
06-08-2006, 03:57 PM
yeah you need to register to be able to read it. :rolleyes:

evildead420
06-08-2006, 04:06 PM
^^^ what paintbal thing on myspace

under groups in myspace. its with buddy christ ;)

maxama10
06-08-2006, 04:17 PM
Well i opened up a new thread in the same forum but youll need to register first to read or post.
http://forum.mythbustersfanclub.com/index.php/topic,6324.0.html

Rudz
06-08-2006, 04:29 PM
we got moved, we ware now here

http://forum.mythbustersfanclub.com/index.php?topic=6323.0

YOU MUST REGISTER!!! TO VIEW/ POST!!!!

maxama10
06-08-2006, 08:57 PM
i got banned for not filling in my gender and location.... :tard: but it will be removed.

Rudz
06-08-2006, 09:06 PM
man were good, we have maybe 4 posts, and one of us was already banned, lol good job guys

TheBlackWidowNor
06-08-2006, 09:15 PM
Actually, it would be more professional if the invitation was extended to them without getting the fans involved.

Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman shoot what works out to be a 51 week shooting schedule and barely have time to make the paid appearances they are scheduled to do.

Mr. Kaye, might I suggest you email them throught the mythbusters contact email address located on Jamie Hyneman's business web site www.m5industries.com

Sincerely
TheBlackWidowNor
Owner/Administrator
MythBustersFanClub.com

(btw.. filling out your profile is part of the user agreement at MBFC... did you read the user agreement when you joined? :) )

p8ntball72
06-08-2006, 09:25 PM
Actually, it would be more professional if the invitation was extended to them without getting the fans involved.

Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman shoot what works out to be a 51 week shooting schedule and barely have time to make the paid appearances they are scheduled to do.

Mr. Kaye, might I suggest you email them throught the mythbusters contact email address located on Jamie Hyneman's business web site www.m5industries.com

Sincerely
TheBlackWidowNor
Owner/Administrator
MythBustersFanClub.com

(btw.. filling out your profile is part of the user agreement at MBFC... did you read the user agreement when you joined? :) )

*If the Busters accept the invite extended by Mr. Shatner, Will YOU attend this Charity event?

*If so, AO is going to Splat you. :cheers:

all in Fun.. :hail:

Rudz
06-08-2006, 09:26 PM
bwhahaahaha, AO loves to make stuff go splat!!!

TheBlackWidowNor
06-08-2006, 09:33 PM
*If the Busters accept the invite extended by Mr. Shatner, Will YOU attend this Charity event?

*If so, AO is going to Splat you. :cheers:

all in Fun.. :hail:

I may not attend. Being that I live in the Metro Detroit Area and used up my vacation time at the beginning of May in San Francisco...

If it was known that they would be there... as in OFFICIALLY known... I know plenty of members who would be there without the "invasion" of my message board.

I have started a thread on theyr'e forum, let her rip.

http://forum.mythbustersfanclub.com...pic,6323.0.html

This attitude I can also do without. There have been plenty of times that have come up in the past 2 and a half years where a web site has done something "MythBusters" (such as ask members of that site to send in questions for them) and I have looked down upon people who just register to be able to post their question without actually wanting to be a member of that community. I understand the need to "get the word out" but an email to the owner of the site asking for cooperation would go over better than asking for an ''invasion" of members who only post a few times and will leave. I get enough of those kind of members because of the Show Ideas section.

TheBlackWidowNor
Owner/Administrator
MythBustersFanClub.com

Rudz
06-08-2006, 10:29 PM
Tom, I dont think they like us over there. :cry:

TheBlackWidowNor
06-08-2006, 10:38 PM
Like you? I don't even know you.

As I've stated before, going to message boards to essentially advertise the fact you want someone to go to Shatnerball '06 leaves a bad taste in my mouth. What happens to those memberships once it's known they will or will not show up? You will leave and not contribute to the community again. How does that serve the community that you joined?

TheBlackWidowNor
Owner/Administrator
MythBustersFanClub.com

MoeMag
06-08-2006, 10:41 PM
I was under the impression that they had already been contacted, and our goal was to share the info with the other fans, show then that paintball isn’t just for vandal thugs, but actually a legitimate sport, which in this case is supporting a charitable cause, and alot of fun. Is that not kosher? I would hope that you all were starting threads in something like AO’s “friendly corner” or “upcoming events”. Tom did say be NICE.

Oh well.

Tunaman
06-08-2006, 10:47 PM
Maybe MythBusters IS a bad idea. The forum is lame...with pissy admin. Pick a FUN group TK.... :rolleyes:

MoeMag
06-08-2006, 10:50 PM
Maybe MythBusters IS a bad idea. The forum is lame...with pissy admin. Pick a FUN group TK.... :rolleyes:

Perhaps but...

Thats just A fan club site, Is it even THE OFFICIAL fan site? If so I will shut up and stick with what tuna said.

TheBlackWidowNor
06-08-2006, 10:59 PM
MoeMag,

The original post said nothing of that - Here it is for your reading enjoyment (because our Chit Chat board is available to members only)

MYTHBUSTERS COME TO SHATNERBALL 06!!! « on: Yesterday at 04:15:26 PM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hosted by AIRGUN DESIGNS, we ask you behalf of the AO army to come to shatnerball 06, and command your own troops, along with TOM KAYE, former president of AIRGUN DESIGNShttp://www.tomkaye.com/ , and WILLIAM SHATNER!!

http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=198450

http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=195055

It smacks of spam (specially since it was posted twice), gave no information that they were contacted.

I know plenty of people who play paintball - whereas it's not my cup of tea - they enjoy it immencely and most people know it's a legitimate sport.

This "news" was double posted on my board. A no no in the terms of use. There are lots better ways to get the word out that the MythBusters were asked to be part of this. One way would have been an email - owner to owner - about the event.

Rudz has been lurking on MBFC for most of the night and hasn't looked at anything but the thread that was started. With 68038 Posts in 4992 Topics on my message board currently, you'd think he'd even bother to check out the Show Ideas board or other sections. At least hitech was polite enough to actually show an interest in the actual community.

Any support from me personal will be seriously thought out. The only reason I joined this board is because of the "let's gett'm" mentality of the people who posted here on this thread. Sorry, guys and gals, but this is not proper 'Netiquette and advocating the making memberships in communities you don't intend to stick with is not my idea of a smart move, in my opinion. We at MBFC have discouraged such memberships in other communities.

I currently have three times the normal "dud" memberships - memberships made by people who don't bother to check for an activation email (which it states you get one in the Terms of Use). This makes more work for the volunteers who are staff at MBFC.

Also, considering we're not affiliated with the show, Discovery Channel or Beyond Productions, I hardly think it's going to matter if some fans say "come here!" because fans on the board have tried that with their 'talks' - and nothing becomes of it.

Sorry if I sound as if I'm totally against the whole idea - I'm not. Sounds like a fun time. It's the tactics used that I frown upon.

TheBlackWidowNor
Owner/Administrator
MythBustersFanClub.com

MoeMag
06-08-2006, 11:13 PM
EDIT.

I apologize rudz... I didnt mean to step on your toes
Have a good one yall
:cheers:

Rudz
06-08-2006, 11:15 PM
I WAS nice, show me where i wasn't, we double posted because theyr're were 2 diff. posters, and we didnt see eachothers posts, I'm sorry for that. Maybe we shouldnt bother with them, I agree with Tuna.

Rudz
06-08-2006, 11:17 PM
Thanks for posting that. Your right that does leave a bad taste. Rudz we dont put up with that here... smooth. < in a friendly tone, no hard feelings.

Anyway I will stop messing with this and go back to my regular haunts before I get myself in too deep.

Have a good one yall
:cheers:

i didnt spam, i clarified what i was doing, fine dont ask me to help agan. i only wanted to help. :mad:

no one backs me up, and im tryin to help everyone here? great guys real great. :mad:
im just going to shut up now, i wont start a flame war in this thread, nor will i start one on that mythbuster forum, but im done, screw it.

Tunaman
06-08-2006, 11:39 PM
MoeMag,

The original post said nothing of that - Here it is for your reading enjoyment (because our Chit Chat board is available to members only)

It smacks of spam (specially since it was posted twice), gave no information that they were contacted.

I know plenty of people who play paintball - whereas it's not my cup of tea - they enjoy it immencely and most people know it's a legitimate sport.

This "news" was double posted on my board. A no no in the terms of use. There are lots better ways to get the word out that the MythBusters were asked to be part of this. One way would have been an email - owner to owner - about the event.

Rudz has been lurking on MBFC for most of the night and hasn't looked at anything but the thread that was started. With 68038 Posts in 4992 Topics on my message board currently, you'd think he'd even bother to check out the Show Ideas board or other sections. At least hitech was polite enough to actually show an interest in the actual community.

Any support from me personal will be seriously thought out. The only reason I joined this board is because of the "let's gett'm" mentality of the people who posted here on this thread. Sorry, guys and gals, but this is not proper 'Netiquette and advocating the making memberships in communities you don't intend to stick with is not my idea of a smart move, in my opinion. We at MBFC have discouraged such memberships in other communities.

I currently have three times the normal "dud" memberships - memberships made by people who don't bother to check for an activation email (which it states you get one in the Terms of Use). This makes more work for the volunteers who are staff at MBFC.

Also, considering we're not affiliated with the show, Discovery Channel or Beyond Productions, I hardly think it's going to matter if some fans say "come here!" because fans on the board have tried that with their 'talks' - and nothing becomes of it.

Sorry if I sound as if I'm totally against the whole idea - I'm not. Sounds like a fun time. It's the tactics used that I frown upon.

TheBlackWidowNor
Owner/Administrator
MythBustersFanClub.comYea well...it's all about tactics. When our boss tell us to go there, we go there and do it. Its all in good fun. I hope you are having fun. :shooting: :D

TheBlackWidowNor
06-08-2006, 11:44 PM
Tunaman

Since you know tactics, then you know that in order to get the company to do anything - you go to the person who leads it.

Nor

neppo1345
06-09-2006, 12:28 AM
Tunaman

Since you know tactics, then you know that in order to get the company to do anything - you go to the person who leads it.

Nor

This got real ugly, real quick.

Good luck guys.

/Pulls up chair, puts popcorn in microwave

Chooie
06-09-2006, 12:53 AM
AO Army,

Once again i must call on you my brothers to flex your muscle and make your voices heard!

Bill Shatner has sent a request to the Mythbusters and the guys from Orange County Choppers to come and lead their own divisions at Shatnerball. In order for them to know how popular paintball is and how many people are doing this I need the AO Army to go over to their fan sites and recrute support for them attending.

We did this same thing with the Shatner site and look at how many people came to AO and the event. We need YOUR help to get these guys to agree to come. I need you to be NICE to everyone over there and help them understand how cool it would be to play along side your favorite TV star. We need a big show of force so please if you could all pop over and infiltrate their ranks for a couple days it will make the Shanter event a big hit and more fun for everyone!

Thanks and have at 'em!!

Commander Kaye

Tom, I was at Battlebots in May 2001 with Jamie Hyneman and Grant Imahara. I may have a phone number in an old cellphone somewhere, or at the very least, find someone who does. We've got to have this happen :)

p8ntball72
06-09-2006, 12:56 AM
Paintballing with Celebrities aside, Lets not forget what this event is about.

Ahead With Horses, Maximize the potential of disabled, disadvantaged, special-needs children providing developmental therapy, education and recreation through horses and related experiences, with measurable improvement physically, mentally, socially and/or emotionally resulting in increased self-sufficiency and the ability to lead better and more independent and productive lives.
The program provides developmental therapy services to 200 children each week. 1000 children participate in field trips and-or special activities.

I believe that any celebrity that is contacted by Mr. Shatner would make an effort to attend whether the fans do or not.
If the Mythbuster Fan Site doesn't wish to participate, then they will be missing out on a great opportunity.

AGD
06-09-2006, 01:01 AM
Well I am locked out of the site. Please let me know if we should call this off or not. I cant tell what is going on.

Thanks

AGD

Rudz
06-09-2006, 01:24 AM
call it off? shes askin for a forum war.

TheBlackWidowNor
06-09-2006, 01:50 AM
p8ntball72 - had that been included in the original post - my members probably would have started jumping on the bandwagon immediately. I agree that this whole thing should have been handled better - for the betterment of both communities. I will get with Tom and we will work something out to the satisfaction of, again, both communities.

call it off? shes askin for a forum war.

And you wondered why I reacted the way I did? I called no one names, I only asked that I did not get inundated with memberships that would be essentially abandoned after a few days. No one who owns and runs a message board wants a bunch of user names that don't do anything but sit there.

As for a "forum war" - Rudz, remember that the servers log IP address of all that use them. This can easily track someone down and the legal authorities take a much harder look at things of that nature now then they did even 2 years ago. With that said, steps have been taken to protect our servers.

TheBlackWidowNor
Owner/Administrator
MythBustersFanClub.com

Dayspring
06-09-2006, 08:35 AM
Decaf dude...

You need to lighten up a bit.

MicroMiniMe
06-09-2006, 10:41 AM
Decaf dude...

You need to lighten up a bit.
Well its his/her website, they can run it how they want I guess. Everyone get back your toys, its time to leave the sandbox. Someone got sand....

DiRTyBuNNy
06-09-2006, 10:48 AM
People getting kicked off a webforum...why don't you bring in an expert on the subject to help you guys out?...ahahhahahaha...(as if most of you remember anyways).. ;)

--Mr. DB

SCpoloRicker
06-09-2006, 11:19 AM
rudz:

Please, don't be an idiot. You are representing a group of players who pride themselves on their attitude and behavior, and you're behaving (as usual) like a 14 year old moran.

TheBlackWidowNor:

I understand that every community has standards and rules. With that said, please understand that the vast majority of AOers posting on your board are trying to be positive, and encourage attendance at a charity event. We have had good turnout before, and we're looking to expand. However, I don't think we're being recieved very kindly by y'all at the moment.

Here's to hoping everyone calms down. :cheers:

/Now I know I shouldn't post that one pic of Kari

maxama10
06-09-2006, 11:28 AM
I guess basically, I appologize for breifly skimming your terms of use. But, it would be great if perhaps you could get with Tom and work something out as stated. Thanks
-Maxama10

TheBlackWidowNor
06-09-2006, 11:30 AM
Honestly, If someone could get me ALL the correct information, I CAN get it to them.

I need information on the event, the charity and the location. My email is on MBFC.

SCpoloRicker, I understand that "there's one in every crowd" as I have my fair share. Which is why I made sure that here, I was the only person representing MBFC. i can control and am responsible for my own actions. This, I can be accountable for.

I'm not worried about cross board problems. The only one who's mentioned it was rudz. I didn't see a whole lot of support for the idea.

Nor

maxama10
06-09-2006, 11:45 AM
Aww, don't you worry about Rudz :D he's a good kid at heart :p . If you would like it though I will delete my account, cause you are correct it will just sit there, sorry.

Rudz
06-09-2006, 02:03 PM
So now I'm an ignorant kid? I was helpin AO, I didn't act like a prick till I started gettin put on the spot, I only wanted to help, and I get dissed up and down, then I got mad, and I ddint even flame anyone, so leave me alone , cuz I could be quite rude if provoked.

evildead420
06-09-2006, 02:19 PM
the red abort button is starting to blink... :rolleyes:

and im a big fan of mythbusters. rep the bay area. :headbang: :cheers:

RapidTransit
06-09-2006, 03:15 PM
So now I'm an ignorant kid? I was helpin AO, I didn't act like a prick till I started gettin put on the spot, I only wanted to help, and I get dissed up and down, then I got mad, and I ddint even flame anyone, so leave me alone , cuz I could be quite rude if provoked.
I think he should just be glad this wasn't posted on PBN. Nothing more fun for a Webmaster than having the /. effect on their server. :rofl:

wimag
06-09-2006, 04:13 PM

Wanna help ? Then shut up and let some more mature and responsible people handle this. You have caused enough waves. for people who may think of going to this with limited exposure to paintball are going to think twice about it if they have to deal with people like you.
You are an extremely piss poor representation of this forum. Grow up.

tribalman
06-09-2006, 05:36 PM
TheBlackWidowNor, i didn't have anypart of the "infiltration", but even i will say that this has all gone wrong. as you see. most of us here are not up for the "forum war" that rudz has mentioned. i'm not sure if you saw more information about the event. it can be seen at these websites.

general Celebrity Paintball website
http://www.celebritypaintball.com/

event info
http://www.celebritypaintball.com/eventinfo.html

and the website of the paintball feild hosting the event.
Jungle_Island Paintball Park (http://www.jungle-island.com/index2.asp)

Hope this helps everyone out. It would be nice to see a lot of celebes there! sure William Shater is cool and all, but with him and Wayne Brady being the only big name starts, it can hardly be called Celebrity Paintball to me.

btw, i hope everyone is holding off on posting on the OCC forums until we talk to their admins.

RT Old School
06-09-2006, 05:54 PM
btw, i hope everyone is holding off on posting on the OCC forums until we talk to their admins.

Yeah, something tells me that those biker types would up and kick yer paintball nerd asses.
Look at the verbal spanking that uppity chick gave ya'll!

warpig13
06-09-2006, 07:41 PM
Yeah, something tells me that those biker types would up and kick yer paintball nerd asses.

she only won because she used big and long words..... :p

maxama10
06-09-2006, 11:52 PM
Yeah, something tells me that those biker types would up and kick yer paintball nerd aRses.

;)

Indignant
06-10-2006, 01:51 AM
rudz, you are making us look bad.

magman007
06-11-2006, 09:57 PM
tom, if you want, id be more than happy to give OCC a call and explain the situation, im sure at the very least we could get mikey to be a guest leader :)

hitech
06-12-2006, 10:02 AM
Okay, post deleted to save space here...

AGD
06-12-2006, 11:19 AM
Guys,

THanks for putting up the thread but eventually i was able to get in and see it. At this point it looks like it has died and the fan club is not going to rally behind this. Its too bad because it was a great match all the way around.

Are there any OCC fan sites? Anything happening on that front?

Thanks for trying guys!

AGD

m-a-r-k-7
06-12-2006, 12:02 PM
You guys keep making it worse and worse for me since I can't come.

magman007
06-12-2006, 05:03 PM
Guys,

THanks for putting up the thread but eventually i was able to get in and see it. At this point it looks like it has died and the fan club is not going to rally behind this. Its too bad because it was a great match all the way around.

Are there any OCC fan sites? Anything happening on that front?

Thanks for trying guys!

AGD

once again, has any one formally contacted the teutles? id be more than willing to do this for you Tom. Even though i will not be in attendance, i feel it would be a huge deal to have them there. Let me know. Ive been looking for an official reason to contact them any ways :)

Miscue
06-13-2006, 01:07 AM
Hurm... I wonder if R. Lee Ermey would be interested.

maxama10
06-13-2006, 01:38 AM
Id HAVE to come if he did. :clap: Not to mention would probably spark my dads interest too.

SCpoloRicker
06-13-2006, 11:21 AM

Ermey does a lot of charity work for Unmet Needs, a program aimed at helping active duty families make ends meet. Not really a bare bones charity, more like SSGT Williams' daughter needs book money for school sort of thing.

I've actually met him, through an event I worked on for Orchard Supply. I'll check around for contact info.

Arstron
06-13-2006, 02:09 PM

Now that would be pretty cool, I might have to take out a second mortage on my house so I could go if he was going to be there.

On a side note, will the OCC be fighting with or against AO? I could just imagine some of the multi-barrel paintball guns and custom parts they could machine to use against AO!

maxama10
06-13-2006, 03:50 PM
Or how about the Mythbusters putting paintgrenades in their chicken cannon? :eek:

AGD
06-14-2006, 03:39 PM
AO,

We have heard back from Heineman and he is very interested in coming but has a potential schedule conflict. He is going to try and get it locked down and let us know one way or another if they can make it.

So far so good!!

By the way, for all the people that thought we were stupid enough to ask via the forums for them to come, let me point out that was not the case. Bill emailed Mythbusters personally and requested they attend. Our efforts where just to let them know it was a real event with legs.

AGD

p8ntball72
06-14-2006, 05:55 PM
AO,

We have heard back from Heineman and he is very interested in coming but has a potential schedule conflict. He is going to try and get it locked down and let us know one way or another if they can make it.

So far so good!!

By the way, for all the people that thought we were stupid enough to ask via the forums for them to come, let me point out that was not the case. Bill emailed Mythbusters personally and requested they attend. Our efforts where just to let them know it was a real event with legs.

AGD

Great Job TOM...
Any chance of a Donut Orgy on Saturday with your hectic Schedule? :bounce:
http://www.krispykreme.com/images/kkHomeNav_r1_c1.gif

Bigman
06-17-2006, 03:03 PM
Well if the OCC Crew leads their own division odds are Senior and Junior will just start shooting everother or Mikey will just go Rambo on the both of them... We so need to get there, even though there isn't a snowballs chance in hell that I'll get to Shatnerball sence its in Cali...

AGD
07-13-2006, 09:38 AM
Ok it looks like the Mythbusters are a possibility but we dont know when we will get a firm commitment. OCC never returned our calls so they are out.

I am going to unstick the thread since we are not likely to get a confirmation until right before the game.

AGD

Muzikman
07-13-2006, 03:19 PM
I say we ask them to bust the myth of open vs closed bolt guns.