PDA

View Full Version : i have a few options for going pump

EvRonMcNasty
06-09-2006, 08:52 PM
well i have a matrix, just got it today! ;p and of course i have my rt mag. basically im getting interested in pumps because i saw this vid on pbnation recently, it was pumps only airball, it looked so fun. basically i was wondering if i could trade my mag (just so u know...retro valve, level 10, chimera frame, hr body) for a very nice sc phantom. because my mag is so nice having a brand new chimera and everything id expect like a harness for those 10 rd tubes and a bunch of the 10rd tubes, and possibly a wrist 12gram holder thing. would that be a fair trade? would i get money as well as the phantom? also option number 2 is making my mag pump. how much do the pump kits cost? i would also need something to make it possible for a horizontal feed, and i would need a 12gram changer as well. im not looking into spending too much money so id prefer a trade for a phantom. and by the way idk if i can even do this so please dont make a bunch of offers for me.

thanks

Jaan
06-10-2006, 12:51 AM
Pump speedball is wicked fun. Any pump game is fun.

Sorry, can't help you out on value ... but why don't you check out the M Carter Brown forums, that's all dedicated to pumps.

EvRonMcNasty
06-10-2006, 11:40 AM
whats the website?

ttink
06-10-2006, 12:19 PM
whats the website?
www.mcarterbrown.com

EDIT: on second thought, it might be down currently. They have been having troubles recently.

thefool
06-10-2006, 05:52 PM
any pics of your mag?

BD_Paintball
06-10-2006, 06:33 PM
if you can find someone lookin for a mag then i think you can trade for one. but pump is much different then airball. you have to be a much better player to be successful in pump airball. i had a pump mag for a few years and it was alot of fun to play with it. also when you play pump and come back into semi you will notice that you are a much better player. you will aim better and make better decisions. overall pump is very fun.

craltal
06-10-2006, 08:42 PM
Personally, I'd buy a cheap pump just to try and see if you playing that way. Unless they are playing stock class, you could get away with something like this by putting a small hopper and CO2 tank on it:

http://idisk.mac.com/cral/Public/Mine/SL68.JPG

Strick stock class paintball rules state that you use 12g CO2 cartridges, rock and cock loading from tubes and can't have an auto-trigger (basically you hold down the trigger and when you pump, it fires, think of it like the old westerns where the gunslinger fans the hammer of the revolver to rapid fire)

You also would not be able to use a pump kit with your RT valve and level 10. RT valves do not like CO2 and level X kits will leak air if you try to put one in a pump mag

Shameless plug time: The Tippmann SL-68 pictured is for sale for $45 shipped anywhere in the continental US. I'll even throw in a non-agitated 200 round hopper!

doc_Zox
06-10-2006, 09:48 PM
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/carter/index.pl?go=forum

EvRonMcNasty
06-10-2006, 10:19 PM
i might have a picture of it, ill have to check, i might not though

EDIT: just checked, dont have one, sorry

Zygote
06-11-2006, 04:50 PM
You should be able to find someone who will trade a phantom for a mag. I've noticed a lot of phantom owners tend to like mags as well for some reason. Maybe its the single tube.

captian pinky
06-11-2006, 05:05 PM
the ball flight is similar to the mag thats what i find most of my friends shoot sniper2s and mags but find that you have to know the marker more and how its flight patern veries

chemical x
06-11-2006, 05:59 PM
StockClassPaintball.com (http://invisionfree.com/forums/StockClassPaintball/index.php?act=idx)
I am a moderator over at the SCP. I will also second MCB as a good place for information and references. The MCB is not just a site dedicated to stock and pump play, It is however a wealth of information reguarding guns from 1997 and older.

Good luck with your trade, The market has not recovered very well from april yet.

ttink
06-11-2006, 06:36 PM
The market has not recovered very well from april yet.
What does this mean?