PDA

View Full Version : How many stars?

nak81783
12-21-2001, 07:23 AM
I bought a powerfeed automag from actionvillage.com and it only came with one star. Isn't a powerfeed classic supposed to come with three stars?

Thanks,
Nathan

By the way, does it matter that it was the TKO Powerfeed Automag package?

virus
12-21-2001, 11:48 AM
nope.... i belive the classics only come with 1 star......

besides, i myself, have yet see a mag that couldn't be fixed by chking it over and replacing a couple of orings.......

nak81783
12-21-2001, 11:07 PM
Well, I looked around at Action Village and Airgun Designs websites. I'm getting a little confused. Is there a difference between a Powerfeed Automag and a Powerfeed Automag Classic? I always thought classic just meant the original, as in not rt, mini, micro, or e-mag. Under the valve exchange policy section on Airgun Designs website, it states 68 Automag Powerfeed Valve Assembly (***), as in three stars. But, for the classic, it states 68 Automag Classic Valve Assembly (*), as in one star. Aren't these the same gun, just with different feeds? I have the Powerfeed Automag Classic.

To make things even more confusing, I checked at Action Village, and some of the Powerfeed Automags come with 3 stars and others come with one. However, the pictures didn't match up. It was a mess. Some said three, but showed one. Others said one, but showed three. And some actually showed what it said.

I'm just going to keep what they gave me, but I just want to find out for my own knowledge what the star system really is. I sure hope Action Village isn't swapping standard feed valves into powerfeed mags, and that's why they can sell them so much cheaper than other sites. But that really doesn't make sense, because the valve is the same, just with more warranty stars on it.

Thanks,
Nathan

Riot[Z-Grip]
12-21-2001, 11:23 PM
Ok, the star system explained to the best of my knowledge:

A Classic Valve comes with One Star (*). These valves come in both Standard Feed and Powerfeed bodies. (With the standard feed being the cheaper option.) They do not include a barrel or a bottom line adapter.

A 68Automag Valve (same valve in reality, just different laser engraving) comes with Three Stars. (***). These valves come in powerfeed bodies and also inclued a barrel and a bottom line adapter. The difference between this package and the TKO one from pbgear is that this comes pre-set up from the factory. (ie, the barrel and ASA are either stock AGD, or put on by them during the manufacturing of the marker.

A Minimag Valve comes with Four Stars (****). All notes on 68Automag apply here, but with a Vertical ASA, minimag body.

Anyone feel free to correct me.

-Riot

nak81783
12-22-2001, 09:36 AM
Thanks Riot. That's how things were starting to unravel and make sense in my mind. I figured that there had to be a difference between a 68 Automag Classic and just a 68 Automag.

Thanks for your help,
Nathan