PDA

View Full Version : Going nuts!!!! still leaking with new piston...

jmulhollen
06-10-2006, 01:31 AM
ok, so i ordered a new reg piston from AGD and put it in and my original mag is still leaking heavily out the back.....anyone have any idea what else i should be checking? it sucks because i just wasted 25 bucks on this damn piston and a week and im no closer to having it fixed.

anyone have any ideas?

flyingpootang
06-10-2006, 11:42 AM
Jm have you done anything to the marker recently mods etc? Is your regulator seat in properly or is it worn? Is the regulator pin spring in place?

jmulhollen
06-11-2006, 12:45 AM
Jm have you done anything to the marker recently mods etc? Is your regulator seat in properly or is it worn? Is the regulator pin spring in place?

oops....just realized that i put original mag...ots n original rt...

the reg pin seems to be fine...but i dont know if i would be able to tell it broken just by looking at it. i havent done any recent mods to it and ill check the regulator seat again.

Coralis
06-11-2006, 12:50 AM
Have you managed to locate where the leak is coming from exactly?

jmulhollen
06-11-2006, 12:53 AM
the only oil i have at my disposal as of now is synthetic motor oil....5x30 to be exact....if its cool ill run some through to find the leak then clean it out...anyone know if this will kill it?

Coralis
06-11-2006, 12:58 AM
no dont put that on it ...... most motor oil has detergents in them and that will eat those Orings up

jmulhollen
06-11-2006, 01:06 AM
as far as just feeling air.....air is coming from out the back velocity adjuster hole....i can feel it by the trigger and it sounds as though air is leaking from absolutly everywhere...

it has the brand new piston, and all of the o-rings....and i mean all of them, have ben replaced twice.

Dharma punk
06-11-2006, 02:25 AM
How far in do you have the velocity adjuster? If it's turned in too much it will cause a leak out the back. I had a similar problem about a month ago and it caused my reg seat o-ring to go bad as well. Back out your velocity adjuster all the way until you can see the o-ring, then turn it back in just until you can't see the line on the adjuster just behind the o-ring.

jmulhollen
06-11-2006, 03:03 AM
i have done it unscrewing it to the point where i can see the o-ring and all the way in and everywhere in between......this is going to make me go crazy.

i tried filling the banjo hole with oil like coralis suggested previously...and it just oozed out evrywhere....seemed to mostly shoot out the back and come out where the two halves of the valve meet.

Dharma punk
06-11-2006, 10:42 AM
It's probably leaking from between the two halves because of your reg seat o-ring. You mentioned before you don't have any oil other than motor oil, are all the o-rings lubed? If not, I would get some oil. Pneumatic air tool oil is cheap and will work fine. If the o-rings aren't lubed they won't get a proper seal no matter how many times you change them. Other than that, I got nothing. Sorry I can't be of more help.

kumijia
06-12-2006, 05:42 PM
Hey, i had ths same problem. I was told the piston was bad, so i bought a new one and same thing still leaking. I sent it out to Tuna, and he said after he rebuilt the gun three times, it still leaked. he thought it might have been the rail, but then found out that the Field strip screw wasn't sitting right. That's what the problem was on mine. The Gun is awesome now. Glad i sent it out.

athomas
06-16-2006, 01:40 PM
Motor oil is too thick. It could prevent the orings from sealing properly. Use a good quality air tool oil.

doc_Zox
06-16-2006, 02:30 PM
i had the same back leak on a recently purchased classic mag

it held fine on a co2 tank that was nearly empty
but a fresh tank leaked out the adjuster

on a clean table i disassembled the entire valve
cleaned and inspected every oring
put a drop of synthetic air tool oil on each ring
and put it back together

it now works fine

i suspect a bit of phlegm in the piston area was impacting a seal

BigEvil
06-16-2006, 04:37 PM
My classic RT developed that suddenly at one point too. No matter what I did it leakedm and I overhauled the whole gun. I sent it back to AGD, the gremilns there did a better job of rebuilding it than I cus thats all they did and the leak stopped.