PDA

View Full Version : VForce Profiler

BerSerK
06-10-2006, 11:01 AM
Hi,

I'm looking into buying a VForce Profiler but some online shop have the "Profiler" and "Profiler SE" at the same price. On the manufacturer's site they seem to be the same thing, anyone can confirm that ?

I tried emailing the manufacturer but got no answer...

http://www.vforcepaintball.com/Masks/Profiler_e.asp

Thanks

MoeMag
06-10-2006, 11:04 AM
They are the same mask the only thing is that the "SE-Second Edition" is a reversed color scheme from the original profiler.

Thats all.
:cheers:

BerSerK
06-10-2006, 11:10 AM
I never noticed that, thanks!

Anybody here who have glasses use them ? Are they comfy ?

going_home
06-10-2006, 11:25 AM
I never noticed that, thanks!

Anybody here who have glasses use them ? Are they comfy ?

Yes I wear glasses and the Profiler is the only one I use.
I reccomend useing a hat turned backwards to protect your forehead though.
I took a real burner on the forehead a couple times before I went to Walmart
and picked up a green military style fitted hat (one size fits all no adjustment band)
for 5 bux.
The masks visor doesnt cover your forehead.

BerSerK
06-10-2006, 01:14 PM
ok thanks, I have a Morph right now and I always wear a hat to protect my...eh...ever growing forehead :rolleyes:

I was worried because I tried a Dye Invision and it does not fit at all with my glasses.

Dharma punk
06-10-2006, 02:26 PM
The profiler has much more room in the eye area than the Dye Invision. I tried them both on and got the Profiler because the Invision felt claustrophobic to me.

CKY_Alliance
06-10-2006, 03:21 PM
You will be very satisfied with profilers..mine have never fogged on me, even in the rain and extreme SC humidity, and i still have the stock lense in which im not even sure if its thermal, may be but whatever it is it works well and has a very good field of vision.

jenarelJAM
06-10-2006, 06:42 PM
I like mine. I'd like to try out the new empire goggles, but I don't think I'll need to buy another pair of goggles again, just maybe a new lens since mine is getting scratched.

magman007
06-10-2006, 08:50 PM
You will be very satisfied with profilers..mine have never fogged on me, even in the rain and extreme SC humidity, and i still have the stock lense in which im not even sure if its thermal, may be but whatever it is it works well and has a very good field of vision.

it isnt a true thermal lense, but it has a special thermal coating that prevents fogging. its part of what makes the profiler so nice, since it is extremely easy to clean off.

Steelrat
06-10-2006, 09:18 PM
Had mine fog up horribly once at a scenario game in California. However, it was chilly and very humid, and I had been exerting myself quite a bit, so it's not that big or a shock. Only time it has happened.

Hexis
06-10-2006, 10:10 PM
After a while the coating must wear off/out. Mine are starting to fog in conditions they didn't used to. Just time for a new lens is all.

jenarelJAM
06-10-2006, 11:22 PM
The only time I've had problems with it fogging on me was when I was at an indoor field with no ventilation, and it was humid, cold, and raining. Luckily we were the only ones there so just did a bunch of 1 on 1's and cleaned our goggles of fog every game.

BerSerK
06-11-2006, 05:59 PM
is there a goggle bag included with the profilers ?

CKY_Alliance
06-11-2006, 06:18 PM
mine came with one, so i assume they still do.

FromTheBack
06-12-2006, 02:27 AM
Two recommendations for you with the profiler.

1-Take good care of the inside of your lense and DO NOT clean the INSIDE with water. Use a dry microfiber cleaning cloth or 100% cotton cloth to clean it. Otherwise you will scratch or wear the anti-fog layer off. After going through a decent amount of profiler lenses I have learned this lesson.

2-Wear a padded bandana around your forehead above the mask, you will get some mean welts if you don't wear one. I still got a couple bad ones with my bandana and a beanie on...so make sure you have some good padding. (you can find these bandanas on a lot of Paintball sites)