PDA

View Full Version : Bad cherger or bad Battery?

neppo1345
06-10-2006, 09:55 PM
When I plug my E-mag charger into the wall with the battery attached, the light instantly goes green, sometimes it blinks red first.

However, when i put the battery onto my gun, I get the low battery indicator, and it fails to fire.

How do I know if its the battery or charger? Has anyone had this happen to them before?

Thanks

-Tim

Fish
06-11-2006, 11:57 AM
When I plug my E-mag charger into the wall with the battery attached, the light instantly goes green, sometimes it blinks red first.

However, when i put the battery onto my gun, I get the low battery indicator, and it fails to fire.

How do I know if its the battery or charger? Has anyone had this happen to them before?

Thanks

-Tim
My charger/battery has done this since i got it a few months ago. I thought the battery was fried but I just leave it plugged in overnight and it seems to last quite a while. I still haven't had the chance to put it through its paces yet. I still think I may be investing in a battery soon.

Dharma punk
06-11-2006, 08:42 PM
My friend had a similar problem with his emag battery. The memory on the battery was causing him to only get about a quarter of a charge on it. What he did was put a load on the battery using a breadboard and a bunch of LEDs. When the leds went out, he removed a few until the rest lit up again. He did this until the last led went out. What this does is completely drains the battery so that when you charge it again it gets a full charge. Basically, if you had a fully charged battery and only ran half the charge out and then put it back on the charger the battery would only recognize that half capacity that you just charged. Over time, this gets smaller and smaller. When you drain the battery completely it resets the charge memory and you basically have a new battery.