PDA

View Full Version : Breaking paint with Superbolt & plastic nubbins

Dragoon
12-21-2001, 12:22 PM
I've installed the superbolt in my emag and plastic nubbins on my freak. Feeding seems okay and I'm not chopping, so I don't seem to have the problem with the longer bolts (I shoot Diablo so it tends to be small so it's not affected by the longer bolt). But I am breaking way more paint than I ever did using a long nose foamie with wire nubbins.

I don't want to switch back to the heavier bolt because I notice a reduction in recoil (and it seems to help me).

So any ideas why I might be breaking paint?

AGD, when do you think the new plastic nubbins (the ones that don't need the back nub sanded) will be available?

Thanks in advance for your input guys.

Douglas.

Russ
12-21-2001, 12:35 PM
Check out the sticky on the main page about potential superbolt problems. .015" needs to be removed from the face of the bolt, if you haven'y already done so.

You may need to trim some extra material from the backside of the nubbin. I install the nubbin, and trim off any material that stick out past the nubbin groove with a razor knife.

Dragoon
12-21-2001, 12:43 PM
I have a feeling that the nubbin is the cause. I tried slicing off a little on my regular mag a week or two ago but it caused double feeding. I guess I'll have to be carefull about how much I take off.

Does anyone else have any input? could it be something other than the nubbin (I'm not chopping so I don't think it's the length of the bolt).

Douglas

AGD
12-22-2001, 03:23 PM
Dragoon,

I need you to do a bounce test on the paint and report back on the classic post in the main forum.

AGD

Dragoon
12-23-2001, 11:25 AM
Sure thing.