PDA

View Full Version : Emag Problems

piranha3487
06-12-2006, 12:50 PM
I have an emag but the guy i bought it from never sent the charger from agd so that is a problem to begin with, but i think i can get it from him eventually because he was pretty big on this forum (Steve Pantol). But that isnt the problem. I borrowed my friends charger and charged it all the way up, and ever since then when i pull the pin, it doesnt light up and say AGD 3.2 like it used to (before i started getting the low battery light). In the top left corner of the lcd screen i get two little dashes of light that flash once rreally quick, but only RIGHT as i pull the pin. I am thinking i must have messed something up when i took the battery out to charge it cause i didnt understand it right away. If anybody knows what i did and can help me, please let me know.

Thanks
Brandon

flyingpootang
06-12-2006, 01:05 PM
Brandon, check the boards mounting's screw is snug it also serves as the ground. Also check to see the safety is off (by the trigger and on the back portion of the grip frame).

piranha3487
06-12-2006, 01:30 PM
Ill look into that, but the safety hasnt made a difference with it on or off. Thanks, ill let post again after i find out. Any other advice is appreciated.
Thanks

Walrus
06-12-2006, 02:04 PM
I though I had a similar issue last week (found out my battery was low/dead in the process), but after I adjusted the magnet in the trigger to far it did the same thing. I think I had the magnetic field to close to the hall sensor and it was causing troubles. Back out the set screw were you can adjust that magnet and this may help too.

piranha3487
06-12-2006, 02:18 PM
Hey, i tightened the screws inside the grip frame, but i didnt have any luck (but at least they arent loose at all anymore..haha). I tried adjusting the magnet on the trigger and ended up going the wrong way with it to start with, but when i went back the other direction, it works just fine. Thanks for both of your suggestions and im glad it all worked out. But the real mystery is, how did the magnet get adjusted (since i didnt do it myself..haha). hmmmmmm.......?

Thanks
Brandon

flyingpootang
06-12-2006, 03:56 PM
Brandon, The HES magnet is on a platform that has a oring around it. If its takes a little force to turn it the oring is fine. There also is a travel limit grub screw in the safety assy. When you take apart the marker it will be on top in E mode. That screw may have got loose. You can use blue lock-tite to hold it in place, but I just remove my grub screw all together..Glad you got it going