PDA

View Full Version : Mag Test, and questions

HuD1Ni
06-12-2006, 03:55 PM
so I just got to test my mag without probs because before I had some asa leaks.. nothing some tephlon cant fix :).. so I was going nuts on the gun, ( have very strong fingers ) and I can walk the thing fast than some people can walk their electrics.. and I dont even have ULT.. it's sweet as hell. also I had an old school kaner that I borrowed, and I had it shootingh ball on ball no joke, and I had two year old paint that was **** to begin with..

but heres my concerns.. I was looking at my tank and this thing eats air.. It seems I went through close to 800 psi with in a little more than 100 shots.. of thats how it was that is gross as hell !!!!!!. is there anyway to amke these things more gas efficiant besides barrel ?

CKY_Alliance
06-12-2006, 04:34 PM
negatyory..they are gas hogs and there is no way around it.

RapidTransit
06-12-2006, 04:46 PM
negatyory..they are gas hogs and there is no way around it.
Not true at all Link to a recent thread: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=198422

Mags uses less air at a higher pressure.

Cow hunter
06-12-2006, 04:56 PM
Not true at all Link to a recent thread: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=198422

Mags uses less air at a higher pressure.
what it really comes down to is the fast the mag needs at least 800psi to work correctly, but they arent really all that much of gas hogs

HuD1Ni
06-12-2006, 05:39 PM
what it really comes down to is the fast the mag needs at least 800psi to work correctly, but they arent really all that much of gas hogs

generally what do mags get off of a 68 4500 ?

I would be happy as hell if I could get like 1000 shots off out of it

but it doesnt seem that it will do that, although I havnt fully tried

BD_Paintball
06-12-2006, 05:49 PM
i got about 600 out of a 88 3k when i had my mag. and its VERY hard to believe you can "walk" your mech mag w/o ult when ppl cant even walk their ult'ed mags, no matter how strong your fingers are. unless you play will ppl who walk their elecrtos at like 3-4 bps. mags have like a 3 pound trigger pull.

HuD1Ni
06-12-2006, 06:20 PM
i got about 600 out of a 88 3k when i had my mag. and its VERY hard to believe you can "walk" your mech mag w/o ult when ppl cant even walk their ult'ed mags, no matter how strong your fingers are. unless you play will ppl who walk their elecrtos at like 3-4 bps. mags have like a 3 pound trigger pull.

you know of course I cannot do it consistantly, nor can I do it in a crouched, gimped, paintball position... I can just walk it breifly, but it's at a decent speed.. people who cannot walk anything less than this should do some arobic finger exercises daily because it really isnt bad at all..

also I do play with egos and dm's and angels, shockers, the works.. havnt played in a while, but thats whats there.. but I'm not talking about those people, i'm talking about a ferw people with promasters ( I HATE THOSE GUNS ) and the spyder fools.. this trigger is easier to pull than those mongoos guns.. man those tyhings are sick

HuD1Ni
06-12-2006, 06:21 PM
also, to you gusy, whats one of the most efficiant (lazy to spell ) guns besides like a viking or somthing.. somthing thats made today and for a nice price ?

ABTOCMEPTb
06-12-2006, 06:34 PM
That is the reason I am leaving mag family. Mags are sas-hogs.

I switched to Cyborgs and now if i have full 4500psi in my tank i could get more than a case of paint thorugh it.

HuD1Ni
06-12-2006, 06:40 PM

I switched to Cyborgs and now if i have full 4500psi in my tank i could get more than a case of paint thorugh it.

I did the calculations, and I get a little more than 200 shots per 1000 psi, so i'm satisfied.. I just went and shot off the rest of my tank and damn.. I have my friends kaner like i said.. and it's DEAD ON.. ball on ball.. most accuarate of I have ever shot... and also, I have a preset 68 4500 crossfire.. and when I snug up on the trigger, I can get full auto.. for like 3 seconds.. counting 1 1thousand, 2 1thousand, and yea.. then it stops.. and yes I can walk this thing, I will get a video when ever I can, and I bought this used and i'm 95% positive this doesnt have the ULT because it's all very very reactive

HuD1Ni
06-12-2006, 06:45 PM
lol, another question.. when do these stop working properly in relation to the ammount of psi left in one's tank. Do they stop working so good when the tank is at 500 psi 400, or what ?

ABTOCMEPTb
06-12-2006, 06:46 PM
right, but when your tank goes under 1000psi mags are usualy stop shooting. So if your tank is 3000psi you can get around 500 shots give or take.

HuD1Ni
06-12-2006, 06:55 PM
right, but when your tank goes under 1000psi mags are usualy stop shooting. So if your tank is 3000psi you can get around 500 shots give or take.

under 1000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... these things EATTTTTT air holy *********************

so..... how much are cyborgs again ?

rellikmok
06-12-2006, 07:17 PM
My emag will shoot(not fast but still flinging paintballs :shooting: ) until my tank is at about 450 psi. Not sure if it is full velocity but not enough of a difference for me to really care.

CKY_Alliance
06-12-2006, 08:03 PM
under 1000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... these things EATTTTTT air holy *********************

so..... how much are cyborgs again ?

SHould be able to get a used 04 cyborg for 500 or less..i havnt looked at them in awhile but i sold mine with no upgrades for that a few months ago, they are very nice guns, very reliable,fast and efficient. Ive owned two and haven't been dissapointed with either. I actually traded my mag for one and effiency is one of the reasons, that and i needed a more tournament worthy gun...i believe vikings and excals can be had for fairly cheep as well depending on the year and milling(used that is).

EDIT: after goin back and looking at my fs/t thread i think i sold the borg for $420 so for 500 you can prolly get one with a few upgrades. Just gotta look around.

ABTOCMEPTb
06-12-2006, 08:58 PM
If I am not mistaken Cyborg needs 200psi while LPR works with only 50psi.

If you hurry up you can buy brand new fully upgraded Sonic Cyborg for around $750. Or $650 stock. That is from official diller. LINK. (http://www.paintballkingdom.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=900) Ask them to install Sythe trigger, RAM kit and 07 valve.

You can find used for much less but I dont trust used markers. Usualy you are buying someone elses problems.

BigEvil
06-12-2006, 09:03 PM
All of my mags work down to 500-600 psi. I get much more than 500 shots out of 2000 psi. I dont know where that came from, unless our comrade is talking about using a 33cu tank or something. I cant give exact numbers, but I carry 5 pods (+hopper) and a 88/4500 and I never worry about running out of air.

HuD1Ni
06-12-2006, 10:05 PM
As long as I can get 1000 shots off of a 68 45, i'm set forever, because other than efficiancy.. this gun kicks my *** soooooo hard

ABTOCMEPTb
06-13-2006, 12:05 AM
Remember we were at Ejam? I was shooting e-mag. And I went to refill 68/4500 like 3 or 4 times in 4 hours of play and I didnt even finished box of paint.. Heck I even bought 91/4500 tank after this game to support e-mag hunger.

Now with Cyborgs and 91/4500 I can play without even checking my tank.

Not trying to stir anything just pointing out what was one of the main reasons to switch companies.

HuD1Ni
06-13-2006, 12:41 AM
Remember we were at Ejam? I was shooting e-mag. And I went to refill 68/4500 like 3 or 4 times in 4 hours of play and I didnt even finished box of paint.. Heck I even bought 91/4500 tank after this game to support e-mag hunger.

Not trying to stir anything just pointing out what was one of the main reasons to switch companies.

well, with all of the upsides of a mag I guess it's just riught to have one downside.. but whatever.. the mag is kick ***, just means I need to buy more tanks ;)

BigEvil
06-13-2006, 05:03 AM

I top off when I come off the field, but I was in no way in dire straights for air. I have a 88/45, so there is a big difference. With a 68 refilling often is to be expected.

A-Tach-One
06-13-2006, 09:44 AM

Oh, I read you were selling ALL of your markers and going to use rental guns cause you didn't play enough.
edit: I see you have edited that out in post #6 in your RPG Custom f/s thread, must have changed your mind. :rolleyes:

HuD1ni- I don't feel that Mags are terribly inefficient but certainly not nearly as effeicient as lets say Vikings. I just don't expect to go deep into the tank. :cheers:

ABTOCMEPTb
06-13-2006, 09:54 AM
I definately changed my mind about Cyborgs. Point to the fact is that I went to play and played all day with all my markers: Xmag, minimag, Sonic cyborg and Cyborg 06.

And performance of the last two simple amazed me. I mean , please, dont get me wrong, I am not trying to start another "best marker" argument.

To compare it was like I was driving well build SUV/track "Xmag" which performed perfect and ate all my gas tank. And than I jumped into ferrari "Cyborg 06" and it was simple "wow"

Long story short: I am selling mags and just got another cyborg 06 to keep Sonic as back-up.

P.S. Another small reason to sell everything was soccer World Championship. Its a whole month without something other than soccer. But I figured it is just a month.

11 Bravo
06-13-2006, 10:06 AM
I carry six pods and a hopper and can shoot all that with air to spare. I use a 68/4500 and probably get around 1,100 shots from a fill. The main mag that I use (most broken in) will still shoot strings at around 600 psi and will continue to fire to around 450 psi.

HuD1Ni
06-13-2006, 10:20 AM
I carry six pods and a hopper and can shoot all that with air to spare. I use a 68/4500 and probably get around 1,100 shots from a fill. The main mag that I use (most broken in) will still shoot strings at around 600 psi and will continue to fire to around 450 psi.

if I can get that I will be happy as hell... I've been through and seen close to just about all other guns on the market.. and mags just give me that extra little tickle where i need it most you know what i'm saying.. mags are sweet as hell.. and even if they sucked, which they don't, but if they did, they still would be kick *** to look at and pimp out

ABTOCMEPTb
06-13-2006, 10:24 AM
You just need to try it out once. To never look back.

HuD1Ni
06-13-2006, 11:04 AM
You just need to try it out once. To never look back.

are you talking about cyborg

ABTOCMEPTb
06-13-2006, 11:15 AM
yeah. Also I never thought that there are markers with less maintanance than mags.

I would say this. If you are on budget and looking for a marker for under $500 than mech mag is your best option.

But if you cant live without electro marker and willing to spend $650 and up than definately go with Cyborg (either sonic which is $650 or cyborg 06 for $975)

HuD1Ni
06-13-2006, 12:56 PM
yeah. Also I never thought that there are markers with less maintanance than mags.

I would say this. If you are on budget and looking for a marker for under $500 than mech mag is your best option.

But if you cant live without electro marker and willing to spend $650 and up than definately go with Cyborg (either sonic which is $650 or cyborg 06 for $975)

i'll take your word for it, they are sweet.. I think to get the best of both worlds.. just get both right ?.. are cyborgs easy to maintain, and are they reliable ?

CKY_Alliance
06-13-2006, 01:54 PM
yes they are very reliable and easy to maintain, neither of the borgs i had ever went down on me and i believe all you need to do is lube the ram..im not sure about maintence because i didnt do anything to them except for play..ABT can prolly help you there.

ABTOCMEPTb
06-13-2006, 01:57 PM
Second that ^^

Just want to add. Cyborgs are so kick free that empire loader wont work properly sometime. That is why I switched to evlution.

11 Bravo
06-13-2006, 03:02 PM
Second that ^^

Just want to add. Cyborgs are so kick free that empire loader wont work properly sometime. That is why I switched to evlution.

Reloaders are sound activated, not recoil activated. So are Cyborgs sooo quiet that the Reloader cant hear it. Doubt it.

ABTOCMEPTb
06-13-2006, 03:06 PM
You are intitled to your opinion. However you were wrong before so your opinion is just that.

Have you ever heard sound of gunshot from gun equiped with silencer in movies? That is how my Cyborg sounds with Redz pepperstick barrel.

I can dryfire in one room while my 10 months old daughter sleeps in another without fear of waking her up.