PDA

View Full Version : Emags and rain

umpalumpas rule
12-21-2001, 01:31 PM
what will happen if an emag gets drenched in water or mud? do they have a coating of silicon as angels do on their boards?

TITAN
12-21-2001, 02:17 PM
the emags electronics will be f'd up untill you completly dry the board, and yes emags have the coating

umpalumpas rule
12-21-2001, 02:53 PM
then how will it be f'd up if it has the coating as the angel does cause when i played in the tourny with that angel and was a downpour and really muddy i got the gun completely soaked and nothen happend

TITAN
12-21-2001, 03:05 PM
just a little rain wont hurt im talkin about maybe dunking it in a bucket or somethin i guess i should have added that to my last post

FooTemps
12-21-2001, 03:11 PM
Just don't give the emag a bath and it will be fine.

Kevmaster
12-21-2001, 08:07 PM
word to the wise: put something ove the porting on your barrel. you will get some REAL funky shots if the inside of the barrel is wet

Load SM5
12-21-2001, 08:08 PM
I played with mine in the rain for an entire day. It varied from a good downpour to a drizzle and never stopped completely. The board did eventually go down on the last game of the day during a game. Of course.. I flipped to manual mode and kept shooting;)

After I dried out the gun all was well other than my shot counter resetting. Actually I think the main culprit was a bit of mud up in the battery that caused a bad connection. In other words just keep your gun clean in between games and you should be ok. Worse case scenario you have a cool slightly heavier RT to shoot, and God knows, you could do worse than that.

El_NiNo
12-21-2001, 09:37 PM
I played with mine about a week ago in the rain and I got my gun totally covered in mud and dirt, and it still preformed very well. I think as long as you dont try to wash it or sumthing along those lines you will be alright.

Nino