PDA

View Full Version : Classic Valve problem

WaffleBaron
06-12-2006, 07:00 PM
I went out this past saturday to try out my mag I got a while ago (finally got around to getting some barrels). When I first gassed it up (CO2 from remote) it reset the trigger, but it wouldn't fire. I pushed it in a bit further and turned up the velocity and it fired.

Went to chrono it and the velocity was way low, about 168 so I turned it up a bit and it fired ok with about a 40fps fluctuation. While trying to even itout I guess I did something and the gas came out hte back (guess I had it too far in). I finally got it pretty stable (260-290) and went out in the woods to play.

After waiting for about 20 minutes for movement I went to fire and SPLOOT! Only went about 5 feet... so I fired a few more times with the same result and then it shot 2 fine. Ok, took aim again and SPLOOT! Right about that time I got it from 3 sides. :shooting: :tard:

Went back to try and figure out what could be wrong and cleaned out the ball that broke during my last feeble attempt to fire, rechronoed and still got sploot, bang... but now it sounded like there was a leak in the middle of the valve.

I'm new to mags and have no clue what could be wrong. Is it possible I just had the valve halves misaligned? I thought they were lined up, but you never know.

Thanks for any help.

Cow hunter
06-12-2006, 07:14 PM
well, im no expert, but it sounds like the C02 thats doin it. try at least borrowing someones HPA tank to see if it affects performance

Coralis
06-12-2006, 07:40 PM
Oil, Oil and more Oil ... Orings tend to swell when using CO2 having them well lubed will minimize this.

d4rksabre
06-14-2006, 06:19 PM
im having a similar issue. i aired my classic mag up with Co2 today (i just got it) and it shoots really hot right away and then drops to a normal pressure. then after a while it starts hissing at the back and it lessens it when i cover the hole in the velocity adjuster...but doesnt eliminate it. could this be from the CO2 also?

eric_503
06-14-2006, 08:51 PM
when it leaks out the back that means the velocity is to high and it is venting if i can dig out my manual i'll put up some pictures and diagrams to help

Coralis
06-14-2006, 11:46 PM
typically velocity that is very inconsistent is caused by a worn regulator seat .... you can order them seperately or get a rebuild kit and it has them in there. If you run a mag on CO2 you need a way of keeping liquid CO2 out of the valve whether that is running a vertical bottle set up, anti siphon tube bottle, expansion chamber, remote line, palmer stablilzier etc etc etc . Also you will go through Orings much faster shooting CO2 than with HPA.

athomas
06-16-2006, 01:31 PM
Variances in velocity can be caused by inconsistent paint, a worn regulator seat, or dirt in the valve. A good cleaning will definately help. You can then check the condition of the orings and replace any suspect ones.

d4rksabre
06-18-2006, 02:00 PM
alright, i played yesterday with my classic mag and i used a friend's HPA tank on the mag. it was fine until i started shooting a lot. then if i waited about 5 seconds it would start hissing out the back and id have to take a shot and it would shoot very hot then go back to normal. i tried adjusting the velocity but if i lowered it any it wouldnt shoot. so now i know it's not the CO2s fault. i cleaned the gun and it still does it, so any idea what the problem is?

athomas
06-18-2006, 06:56 PM
Your regulator seat is bad. Replace it.

d4rksabre
06-18-2006, 08:06 PM
any recommendations on where to buy one from?

Remagk
06-18-2006, 11:21 PM
pm tunaman or straight to airgundesign.com

gabet95
05-19-2007, 09:18 PM
typically velocity that is very inconsistent is caused by a worn regulator seat .... you can order them seperately or get a rebuild kit and it has them in there. If you run a mag on CO2 you need a way of keeping liquid CO2 out of the valve whether that is running a vertical bottle set up, anti siphon tube bottle, expansion chamber, remote line, palmer stablilzier etc etc etc . Also you will go through Orings much faster shooting CO2 than with HPA.

I've done all these upgrades except for remote bottle HPA and have always had problems with my Automag 68 Classic. It's been about 4 years since I last used it and I am going to attempt to use it inabout 3 weeks. I hears some people talk about stars on the gun itself and how those star represent free repairsfrom AGD. Is there any truth to this? If so, how do I contact AGD for service? I've tried the website but it only directs you to other sites. Thanks for any help

spike_ball999
05-19-2007, 09:26 PM
I've done all these upgrades except for remote bottle HPA and have always had problems with my Automag 68 Classic. It's been about 4 years since I last used it and I am going to attempt to use it inabout 3 weeks. I hears some people talk about stars on the gun itself and how those star represent free repairsfrom AGD. Is there any truth to this? If so, how do I contact AGD for service? I've tried the website but it only directs you to other sites. Thanks for any help

Don't use the stars for something you could probably fix yourself. Save it for when and if something big happens, like the powertube cracking for example.

Russ
05-19-2007, 10:11 PM

Use the website to get the phone number...then call them and speak with a tech.

pierce
05-20-2007, 12:11 AM
Another thing it could be your remote. Sometimes if you screw it in too far it will accually restrict flow of air. ;)