PDA

View Full Version : gear bag decision

pachytriton
06-12-2006, 08:13 PM
The time has come for a new gear bag, and I have found a deal on an nxe large gear bag and a redz large gear bag, both the same price. Has anyone had experience with either of those and cares to comment?
thanks!

edit-this is for 2 guns, 2 hoppers, 2 tanks, 2 masks, 3 barrels, pants, 2 jerseys, 1 pack, 5 pods, and a toolbox (medium sized), and a change of street clothes

rkjunior303
06-12-2006, 08:33 PM
I had the Empire Ultimate and it was too small.

In my XL NXe bag I have:

3 markers (one in each end and a 3rd on top in the main area)
2 tanks
2 halos
nxe 4+2+2 avalanche pack
toolbox (medium)
2 masks
bunch of pods
clothes
headwraps
squeegees

StygShore
06-12-2006, 08:36 PM
I have a redz bag, it sits empty in the gargae now. I was not too impressed with it, the soft sides and soft bottom kind of turned me off too it. I didn't like that it collapsed on itself when I was digging through looking for gear.

I have nto used the other style bag, so I cant really say anything good or bad about it.

I do however recommend the Paintball Bodybag. Best gear bag I have ever had, 2 seasons, and no signs of wear on it at all.

Styg

Arstron
06-13-2006, 06:43 AM
I am with styg, although I am a dealer so I am partial, but I love my paintball body bags. I am using one of the super bags, one of the new body chairs (its does sit pretty low, but is worth the money), and my tool box. I bring anywhere from 5-7 (one of which is my warp feed mag that sits in the bodybag ready to go minus hopper and tank) guns to the field, 1 tank, a halo and a evolution 2, jersey and pants, 2 sets of packs, 1 stock class harness, 6 big pods, 20 10 round tubes, 1 mask, all my tools, some gatorade and ice, around 8-10 barrels plus a freak kit, as well as spare parts. The body bags are cheaper then the name brand bags and do just as good of a job. :cheers:

http://www.paintballbodybags.com

RedEyes
06-13-2006, 07:16 AM
I just bought a Planet Eclipse XXL Gear Bag (http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/3591/). Check out other pictures there.

I got stuffed in it are:
:shooting:
Gun Slot 1:Karta Mag + 88/45 + Halo b
Gun Slot 2:Pumpmag + AM + SC belt w/tubes
Gun slot 3:PM5 + 88/45 + Tippmann Pro Lite (lol got it for free and got bored) + NXe 5 pod pack + barrel holder(6 barrels)

Other compartment:

13 pods and knee pads

Inside of the lid/cover or whatever I have bunch a spare parts and random stuff.

It also holds 6 barrels in gun slot 3:

2x UL(AC and AM)
JJ AM
Stock Proto
Stock MM

If I took some stuff out I think I would be able to fit 2 mask and some other stuff. I should rearrange it to fit all my stuff.

Those Bodybags seem big and nice. I think I should tell my store about em. $95 for Mega thats like $15 cheaper than what I got my PE XXL bag for. I would get a Bodybag... grrr should have saw em before I got this but I just got it a week ago. I should be fine.

VFX_Fenix
06-13-2006, 02:07 PM
Mantis Thorax - Enough room for 3 guns, tools, mask, pods, loaders, barrel kits, and still enough space to pack a couple days worth of light cloths.

bentothejam1n
06-13-2006, 02:20 PM
i agree with arston

ABTOCMEPTb
06-13-2006, 02:21 PM
My problem is always security of my indoor paintball field.

Basicaly its a lack of security. I cant leave anything on table. Right away there are some teenagers with quickly scanning eyes around my table.

So I have to put everything in locker which is extra small. And I cant have anything else but duffle bags for my gear. So I use Israeli Army duffle bags that are very big inside and can be rolled and stored in tiny locker.

zackzel
06-13-2006, 07:24 PM
The body bag is amazing. I have 4 guns in mine, 3 masks, 4 tanks, 2 barrel kits, all my tools, jersey pants etc.. its huge

rifleman wi
06-13-2006, 08:06 PM
The body bag is amazing. I have 4 guns in mine, 3 masks, 4 tanks, 2 barrel kits, all my tools, jersey pants etc.. its huge
i second this.. my bodybag is huge.. i have alot of stuff in it and theres still room..

REDRT
06-13-2006, 09:26 PM
I think you could fit everything you listed in a body bag. I like mine. I could fit so much more if I didn't use the protective dividers, but as my stuff gets nicer/$$ I don't want to damage it. Using that stuff I wish it was bigger.