PDA

View Full Version : It is normal????

Remagk
06-12-2006, 09:02 PM
Finaly just received my second gun (spare/project) with LvX installed, spend two hours to retune it, it that normal a light zzzzzzzz leak sound heard from the barrel area (remember saw the post about this sound is common on LvX), I mean it is very light and sometime it completely gone, I used 1.5 carrier and 4 shims on it after try many combo.

Another thing is this gun with retro, LvX and ULE body shoot a lot louder than my first classic, is this normal as well?

Oh by the way how hard to assemble the micro line into the fitting, never done that before.
And do they made any thumb velocity adjuster nut for retro valve? I srip mind by screw it too in and hard :mad:

thanks advance for the input and advice.

flyingpootang
06-12-2006, 09:27 PM
The air leak is not common. Try some oil first, but if the L10 oring is being broken for the first time then you need to use the next carrier size with the same broken in oring. The shims are used for tunning the bolt. If it dosen't reset (stays forward after firing) when hitting a squigee placed in front of the bolt then add 1 shim at a time until it dose. As for being louder than a standard are you using the same type barrels. Barrels with more porting tend to be quieter. The Micro line pushes into the fitting. If you move the callar towards the fitting the line can be removed. I don't know of anyone that made a thumb adjuster for the RT type valves, but there is a second step inside of the adjusting nut that is also keyed for a 1/8" allen key that may not be stripped. Just insert the key futher into the adjusting hole....

Tunaman
06-12-2006, 09:32 PM
Take all the shims out of the L10 and see if the leak goes away.

Remagk
06-12-2006, 09:37 PM
I did put on any bolt on both gun, just try fire it and compare, the standard seem alot smoother, just feeling don't know how to explain it.

Also haven't try shoot alot paint through the tuned Lv10, few shot seems normal no bolt stick or ball breakage, will try it again tommorow to shoot more paint in a faster speed.

Remagk
06-12-2006, 09:40 PM
Hi tuna glad u had chim in, I first try putting different size of carrier in it, the best I found with less leak zzz sound was 1.5, after that by adding 1+1+1+1 shim at a time and the leak was gone. I think I am totaly misunderstanding what the carrier and shim would do in the gun.
I might want to get some parts from u later on, let me write a parts list first.

Oh Tuna, u at NJ too, where at, maybe sometime I can stop by and pickup some part.