PDA

View Full Version : The *Official* Un-official Rules to Forum Trading

SpitFire1299
06-13-2006, 03:06 AM
I decided to come up with a list of general rules for buyers and sellers on forums who like to trade. I should get into more detail on some things, but they are pretty well said. If you disagree with anything let me know. :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The *Official* Un-official Rules to Forum Trading

*The Sellers Rules*
1.) The item must work, if not said so.
2.) You must show pictures of the item your selling so theres no problems later.
3.) If the item malfunctions or it is the incorrect item; It must be replaced immediatley by the seller.
4.) Ship the day or next day of purchase. If not able, let the buyer know.
5.) No backing out of a deal or changing things up after an item is shipped or bought unless buyer agrees on it.
6.) Use delivery confirmation if using USPS, and give them the number.
7.) Do not edit your topic's item description once its sold.
8.) Do not expect much if you dont have feedback.
9.) Do not accept checks. Use paypal or MO's to eliminate problems.
10.) Show your feedback, and ways to contact you (AIM and email).

*The Buyer Rules*
1.) Follow the seller's rules or dont buy the item.
2.) Ask lots of questions, make sure you know what your getting.
3.) You pay shipping unless they say "shipped" or you offer a shipped price.
4.) No backing out of a deal or changing things up after an item is shipped or bought unless seller agrees on it.
5.) Do not expect much if you dont have feedback.
6.) Show your feedback, and ways to contact you (AIM and email).
7.) If something is wrong, make sure you contact the seller asap so the problem can be corrected.
8.) If the seller says no, accept it and move on.
9.) Do not lowball. Research before you offer on an item.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pennywise
06-13-2006, 04:01 AM
3.) If the item malfunctions or it is the incorrect item; It must be replaced immediatley by the buyer.
Hopefully you mean "seller"...

wimag
06-13-2006, 08:26 AM
you should put in there that if you are selling for a friend make sure said friend is.... well you know what i mean :)

SpitFire1299
06-13-2006, 11:20 AM
Hopefully you mean "seller"...
Fixed! Thanks for noticing that. :)

ABTOCMEPTb
06-13-2006, 11:34 AM
1.) -Kinda obvios.
2.) -Must show picture? Why? Unless buyer asked dont see a reason.
3.) If buyer well known person with good feedback - YES. If I sold item to someone who is new here and I am sure item was 100% in working condition than I dont care what buyer claims.

4.) Personal preferences. Not everyone can go to postoffice next day.

5.) Case to case

6.) Totaly up to seller. But if he cant prove shipping its his loss.

7.) Pointless. Edited topic is visible right away and works against seller.
8.) LOL So if I dont have feedback I cant sell xmag for $950? LOL
9.) LOL Checks works as well as any other paiments.

10.) Personal preferences.

Nothing usefull for sellers.

*The Buyer Rules*
1.) Never hurts to ask question.
2.) Obvios, Obsolite
3.) LOL is this actualy a rule? Obsolite
4.) LOL what if I pay with money order? Obsolite
5.) Case to case
6.) I think you ran out of ideas
7.) I definately think you ran out of ideas
8.) Obvios, Obsolite
9.) LOL Why not simple ask "why not?"
10.) Never hurts to ask question (I ran out of ideas)

Waste of time.

Hexis
06-13-2006, 12:21 PM
How is it obsolete to clearly state what may be obvious to some, but perhaps not everyone?

They look pretty good to me. A nice set of rules to go by.

ABTOCMEPTb
06-13-2006, 12:35 PM
It is obsolite to make a rules out of somthing that is just a common sence.

You like it? Great. You are intitled to your own opinion.

AutomagRT1483
06-13-2006, 12:43 PM
Does paypal charge 3% on transactions? Just curious to see why there is a 3% mark up.

ABTOCMEPTb
06-13-2006, 12:54 PM
Yes they charge 3%
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-receiving-fees

Here is usefull tool to calculate fees.
http://www.ppcalc.com/

AutomagRT1483
06-13-2006, 12:58 PM
Thanks.

Jim888
06-13-2006, 01:25 PM
I think these are good guidelines...like he said in his post these are "General" rules Each transaction will vary depending on the parties and products involoved

ABTOCMEPTb
06-13-2006, 01:35 PM
but you have to understand that there are big differense between guidelines and rules.

You want to tell me that you didnt know 75% of what was posted? 75% because another 25% makes no sence. Stuff like "must post pictures" or "dont accept checks".

Do I really have to explain why I think it make no sence?

SpitFire1299
06-13-2006, 02:09 PM
These are just guidelines.. and more or less, suggestions; thats why in the title i put the official "Un-official" rules.. key word, Un-official.

This is not directed at you and your stupid situation, so please calm down.

ShooterJM
06-13-2006, 02:09 PM
I don't agree with the paypal one. Unless the seller specifically states that the buyer is paying the fee, the seller should foot the bill. 3% doesn't really matter one way or another, but the seller should remove all doubt and state the his/her rules ahead of time.

SpitFire1299
06-13-2006, 02:12 PM
I don't agree with the paypal one. Unless the seller specifically states that the buyer is paying the fee, the seller should foot the bill. 3% doesn't really matter one way or another, but the seller should remove all doubt and state the his/her rules ahead of time.
I agree, "Follow the sellers rules" basicly would include that. *Fixed*

ABTOCMEPTb
06-13-2006, 02:14 PM
When you selling $15 barrel it doesnt matter. But with $900 marker it really bites. But as I said its a common sence.

You want to get paid by paipal only? Dont ask buyer to pay fees.
You want to pay paypal only? Be ready to pay for fees to seller.

common sence.

Lohman446
06-13-2006, 02:15 PM
I'm beginning to think some of you people argue over the stupidest stuff.

ABTOCMEPTb
06-13-2006, 02:17 PM
exactomundo.

Hexis
06-13-2006, 03:40 PM
The core of a successful transaction online is a clear set of expectations on both sides, and both sides doing their part to abide by those expectations.

Taking steps like providing pictures, and paying via a Money Order are both measures to minimize unexpected complications.

This set of rules or guidelines also helps both parties to know what is expected of them, if used. Sure some aspects are common sense. You (the royal you) may be amazed a how little common sense some people on the net have. Having a clear set of expectations that both sides can reference could be a great help. No one has to abide by them if they don’t want to.

ABTOCMEPTb
06-13-2006, 03:48 PM
I see rules as something like
"no more than one bump a day" thing. Or "picture should be this and that size"

That is the rules. It is totaly up to seller how to represent his item.

SpitFire1299
06-13-2006, 11:59 PM
The core of a successful transaction online is a clear set of expectations on both sides, and both sides doing their part to abide by those expectations.

Taking steps like providing pictures, and paying via a Money Order are both measures to minimize unexpected complications.

This set of rules or guidelines also helps both parties to know what is expected of them, if used. Sure some aspects are common sense. You (the royal you) may be amazed a how little common sense some people on the net have. Having a clear set of expectations that both sides can reference could be a great help. No one has to abide by them if they don’t want to.
:headbang:

Exactly.