PDA

View Full Version : Places that press trigger pins?

Carbon Blue
06-13-2006, 04:13 PM
Hey all, Im looking to get one of my trigger pins punched out and reinstalled (thinking of installing a safety). Does anyone know what kinds of shops carry these types of machines that can press the trigger pin professionaly? Any AGD dealers out there willing to perform this service? prices would be great, thanks

Also where can I find these trigger pins? Does anyone know the specific size? Do trigger pins need to be removed before the anodize process?

Arstron
06-13-2006, 04:26 PM
It is very easy to do your self if you have a couple blocks of wood, a towel, a vice, a punsh, and a hammer. Simply find the side of the trigger frame that has grooves on the trigger pin and keep that side down. Now wrap the trigger frame in a towel (but keep the sides exposed), and place it in a vice between the 2 blocks of wood (keeps it from being damaged) rember to keep the groove side down. Then place the punch on the pin and hit it with the hammer. Nothing to it.

As for putting it back in, do the same thing but with the frame so the side with a groved hole is on top, then put the smooth edge of the pin in first. I usualy use a hammer and some wood to hammer it back in becuse a punch/screw driver usualy slips for me.

Carbon Blue
06-13-2006, 10:46 PM
Ive punched my own trigger pin before but by sheer luck I was able to do it all with one try. Looks like i might have to do it again and hopefully I dont mess up the finish on my frame :ninja:

MoeMag
06-13-2006, 11:08 PM
Yeah…
I work at phoenix’s biggest paintball store, and if you want a trigger install guess who does it… ME!!! :D

It is very easy to do.

Get a hammer, a punch, and a good pair of eyes. (not for some electro gun but human eyes that can see small details)

Look at the trigger pin real close and find the side that has little knurled ridges around the circumference of the pin. (should be the left side (barrel fwd of course)) Once you have found that turn the gun over and hit the pin, using an appropriately sized puch, with a hammer. To re install it does the same thing, but follow the steps backwards. Trust me its not rocket science… otherwise I would get paid better.

:cheers:

SpitFire1299
06-13-2006, 11:49 PM
Its not too hard.. just take your time and think it through. :)

FinchMan
06-14-2006, 03:34 AM
you don't really need the punch for putting it back in. Once you have the pin in position (far enough in that it won't fall over) put a towel/rag over the top and tap it in with the hammer.

You can do this! :clap: :p

Lohman446
06-14-2006, 07:02 AM
Take it to any auto shop in your area. They should have no problem doing it :).

I've done my own in my shop.

Did you know you can make Planet Eclipse impulse detents fit a Shocker? Sure it involved the lathe...

Carbon Blue
06-14-2006, 11:39 AM
hahaha thanks for the words of encouragement guys :headbang:

Carbon Blue
06-14-2006, 11:42 AM
now about the anodize process, does the trigger pin need to be removed??

magman007
06-14-2006, 01:06 PM
yes it is steel

Tunaman
06-14-2006, 03:30 PM
If you bang out or try to bang in a trigger pin that is going through a bearing you will wreck the bearing for sure. Northern tool has the 1/2 ton arbor press for like 20.00. Get one. ;)

pachytriton
06-14-2006, 07:34 PM
northern tool 1/2 ton arbor press (http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_35091_35091)

Lucky paintball makes threaded trigger pins, great but I don't know if they'll fit mag frames. Is this for the umf framed karta beauty?

http://www.buyluckypaintball.com/servlet/Detail?no=12

syl58
06-15-2006, 09:07 PM
If you bang out or try to bang in a trigger pin that is going through a bearing you will wreck the bearing for sure. Northern tool has the 1/2 ton arbor press for like 20.00. Get one.

that is true, i ruined my tunablade that way, just send it to tunaman...

Carbon Blue
06-16-2006, 02:46 AM
thanks for the info tuna, luckily i chickend out :)

Carbon Blue
06-16-2006, 12:15 PM
northern tool 1/2 ton arbor press (http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_35091_35091)

Lucky paintball makes threaded trigger pins, great but I don't know if they'll fit mag frames. Is this for the umf framed karta beauty?

http://www.buyluckypaintball.com/servlet/Detail?no=12

thanks for the info! :)

StygShore
06-16-2006, 12:44 PM
Which one of Lucky's pins should fit in the mag frame?

I have a Tunablade on order, and I am just going to order a threaded pin to put back in to make my life easier.

Styg

Carbon Blue
06-16-2006, 01:03 PM
I just emailed tuna asking the same question, hopefully they fit mag style frames.

Tunaman
06-16-2006, 03:37 PM
None of those pins will fit a mag. Use only the good stuff from AGD if you want it to work correctly. I have all the trigger pins here so email me if you need one.

Lohman446
06-16-2006, 03:39 PM
Besides, a trigger pin (that has something applying a turning force to it) that is threaded just seems to me like a bad idea...

StygShore
06-16-2006, 04:09 PM
The trigger pin does not have any real force put on it by the trigger. The ID of the trigger is larger than the OD of the pin, or your trigger would lock in place and not be able to move smoothly.

Will those pins just not work because of size? I dont have much reason for a arbor press, so cant see buying one and paying for shipping on one. I would use it once and then it would sit and collect dust. I will have my original trigger pin I pull out of the frame. I guess I'll see if I can use my vice and a piece of steel rod to act like an arbor press to set the pin back in place.

Styg

Carbon Blue
06-16-2006, 04:18 PM
thanks for the info guys, tuna i emailed you :)