PDA

View Full Version : Returning to paintball, have a question or two...

NoFearMXer
06-14-2006, 01:15 PM
Hi Everyone,
I was really into paintball back in highschool, then got out of it in college (other than an occasional game getting whooped by Team Lockout), and now that I've graduated college and got my career going I'd like to get back into it. I still have a kickass gun, an Eclipse Minimag modded by Professional Paintball (aka Team Lockout in NY), but now my wife wants to play. I have almost enough spare parts to build a second mag, but it will look pretty dull considering it's gray frame standard, standard everything just about.

I'd like to at least start out with an eclipse kit, nice barrel, and some other add-ons (how the gun looks is pretty important to her), and slowly move into getting some new equipment. For example, the lens in my JT Flex-7 IZE mask cracked with age... It's weird, coming back into the sport and having the perspective that now the equipment to play is so inexpensive (in a relative sense). When I was in hs, I couldn't fathom ever having the 1k plus to buy an angel, now though, that seems pretty affordable (since I've got a "real" job vs summer jobs). I want to move slowly though into new stuff, to do some research before I just go out and buy whatever strikes my fancy.

On top of that, things have changed while I've been away. Barrels from companies like DYE are now all 2 piece, prices of Angels have dropped from $1,200 to around $800, and now there are tons of Electros. I've started the process by having my HPA tank sent out for hydrostatic testing, and all new O-rings in my gun.

So my question to you is what are the best websites for Mag accessories? I used to go to paintballgear.com, and 888paintball.com/800paintball.com and they had tons of stuff. Now none of them carry mags, and they have 1 or 2 lame accessories. I'm sure that there are some out there that have huge selection, but I can't find them. Also, any good magazines? Paintball 2 Extremes was the best one out when I left the game, but now I see that there are several...

Please help me out, or point me in the right direction. I'm excited to be back, and get back into my element. Now after I start practicing again, I have to find out if there are any teams near me looking for members.... Anything near Nashua, NH that you know of?

Thanks in advance for your help! When I left paintball (about 5 years ago), I thought I was hot sh_t. I schooled most people I played, and was really cocky. Now I come back as the humble student, looking to learn from all of you. It's amazing how a few years changes your perspective... Anyway, thanks for your help, and I'm happy to be back.

-NoFearMXer

quasimorte
06-14-2006, 01:22 PM
tunamart.com
themagsmith.com

those are the two i have right now, mags have kind of disapeared in the main stream but there is still a thriving comunity right here. read the forums and start tradding or buying off of the as you can get allot of the stuff for cheaper and it is mostly in good shape.

welcome back and good luck

RedEyes
06-14-2006, 03:26 PM
There also

http://www.deadlywind.com/products.html They have carbon fiber foregrip and barrel. They also sold bodies too but now its if you have a slug.

http://www.lukescustoms.com/ Luke makes some stuff and mill somethings down like rail to ULE rail.

Try looking in the B/S/T forums for things you're looking for, its cheaper and you might find things that arent made anymore.

11 Bravo
06-14-2006, 04:05 PM
www.airgun.com :headbang:

punkncat
06-14-2006, 04:26 PM
The Eclipse kit hasn't been available for a while. You can find them used, but generally overpriced considering that most are an (un)desirable collectable. I happen to have one on the classic mag that I keep for my wife. She is much like yours in that it must look pretty to be good in her opinion.

Mags have come a long way in weight and performance, although they are not as reliable as they once were. Still pretty expensive all things considered as well.

The used market is where its at. People almost give away equipment because its not the new hotness.

Welcome back to the sport. Once you get on the field and see how its changed, I hope you stick around.

REDRT
06-14-2006, 05:02 PM
If the marker isn't pretty they is no point in owning it IMO. ;) I have some eclipse kits myself. Green one is on a minimag and the blue one is ment for a planned future mag project. If your in the market for Eclipse kits I find the best place to look is right here. Check daily because sometimes they sell like hot cakes.