PDA

View Full Version : Has this ever happened to you? (funny)

athomas
06-14-2006, 08:55 PM
Here is a funny video of a guy in our area at a recent Xball tournament in Quebec.

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Da5v-Z7O0hM&search=paintball%20arkgull

jsdatjsd
06-14-2006, 09:03 PM
I knee-ded that.

SO, what hopper was that?

master_alexander
06-14-2006, 09:15 PM
dang...

that sucks...

happened with my old revvy all the time... eventually i ripped the lid off.

i now dont own a revvy.

trevorjk
06-14-2006, 09:28 PM
dang...

that sucks...

happened with my old revvy all the time... eventually i ripped the lid off.

i now dont own a revvy.

i think it was more along the lines of his lid not closing, then when he finally did get it closed he shot himself in the knee ;)

master_alexander
06-14-2006, 09:33 PM
ohh...

i didnt catch the guy shooting himself... lol...

i havent shot myself... but i have gotten out because of the lid.

magman007
06-14-2006, 09:55 PM
haha, ask NTN about hopper lids....

The first aftica outing at iao 2003, we were playing team absolute, who was ranked like 10th and we were like, 50th, one of the last few guys, NTN goes rip rip rip Blam.... hopper lid goes flying off... we went on to win that game. Highest placing internet team :)

ahellers
06-14-2006, 10:18 PM
so if you get het in your open hopper lid and it goes flying off, and is no longer attached to the gun are you still out, i mean technicll you are not marked
t

master_alexander
06-14-2006, 10:24 PM
so if you get het in your open hopper lid and it goes flying off, and is no longer attached to the gun are you still out? i mean technically you are not marked

i think you are... im not sure...

what if you drop a used pod and somebody shoots it? are you out?

wanna-b-ballin'
06-14-2006, 10:42 PM
hahahahaha
i didn't catch the knee thing at first, and i watched it like 5 times. then i read it here and had to go back.
thats pretty funny. :rofl:

etjoyride
06-14-2006, 10:54 PM
HaHa, thats great....and alex your crazy ;) revvies(well old style ones anyways) were awesome

psychowarden
06-14-2006, 11:05 PM
The pod thing, no, your not out if you toss a pod and it gets hit. It happens to me often, people will mistake it as my foot and try to light it up. But I have shot myself in the foot before waiting for a match began, lucky it was just a rec day and nobody really cared.

onedude36
06-14-2006, 11:08 PM

If it has paint, yes. At least that is what they told us at xpsl.

Another funny one, was in a vid i think; dude opens his halo while shooting, rips the lid off it goes flying, dumps pod in, and closes the imaginary lid. Maybe it was in obscure influence?

Sorry for the grammar, its past my bed time.

person1
06-14-2006, 11:18 PM
That was truly hilarious, i bet that guy smashed his hopper after the game. And thats why i always use a revvy, no spring in the lid(well mine atleast) for that to happen

CKY_Alliance
06-14-2006, 11:19 PM
If it has paint, yes. At least that is what they told us at xpsl.

Another funny one, was in a vid i think; dude opens his halo while shooting, rips the lid off it goes flying, dumps pod in, and closes the imaginary lid. Maybe it was in obscure influence?

Sorry for the grammar, its past my bed time.

Ye its in obscure influence, its so funny..the guy is just so used to his routine and doesnt take his eye off the opposite side of the field...

-Tab
06-15-2006, 12:16 AM

Werd, it's Obscure Influence. That kid was in the zone. His eyes didn't move AT ALL the entire time of that scene.

geekwarrior
06-15-2006, 12:24 AM
that dude still have the tag on his mask or something? :rolleyes:

~W.!.C.K.E.D~
06-15-2006, 03:56 PM
no its his, 'im with stupid' tag.

SlartyBartFast
06-15-2006, 04:19 PM
... a recent Xball tournament in Quebec.

Do you know where it was?

Looks like the field out on the Kanawake Indian Reservation.

BD_Paintball
06-15-2006, 04:33 PM
buhahahaha thats funny

ntn4502
06-15-2006, 05:40 PM
haha, ask NTN about hopper lids....

The first aftica outing at iao 2003, we were playing team absolute, who was ranked like 10th and we were like, 50th, one of the last few guys, NTN goes rip rip rip Blam.... hopper lid goes flying off... we went on to win that game. Highest placing internet team :)

hahahaha this man speaks the truth

Lohman446
06-15-2006, 07:32 PM
so if you get het in your open hopper lid and it goes flying off, and is no longer attached to the gun are you still out, i mean technicll you are not marked
t

Yes. For equipment being hit and, if the ball did not break and the lid is further than five feet from you for leaving equipment.

grEnAlEins
06-15-2006, 07:44 PM
Yes. For equipment being hit and, if the ball did not break and the lid is further than five feet from you for leaving equipment.
What happens if you are reloading and you get hit inside the hopper? :rofl:

Lohman446
06-15-2006, 07:52 PM

If your desperate you close the hopper lid quickly and hope the few balls untouched in the stack are fireable. If your being massacered you smile and say nice shot. :)

grEnAlEins
06-15-2006, 08:01 PM
If your desperate you close the hopper lid quickly and hope the few balls untouched in the stack are fireable. If your being massacered you smile and say nice shot. :)
Or marvel in the glory of that freak occurance. Too bad noone got it on video, that was awsome :D

SpitFire1299
06-15-2006, 08:05 PM
:rofl: :clap:

Thanks for the movie! That was funny. I almost did that once. My teammate has shot my other teammate in the back of the head once otb. :D Good thing we won the game..

athomas
06-16-2006, 05:46 AM
Do you know where it was?

Looks like the field out on the Kanawake Indian Reservation.

I think it was at Cowboy Paintball, L'Annonciation, QC but I'm not sure. Its the MXL.

Spartan X
06-16-2006, 06:03 AM

I may be wrong on this but I heard that if you through a Pod out and it gets shot, you can not pick that pod back up mid-game other wise you are out...like lets say you through a pod to a team mate and the pod gets shot mid air or before the team mate can get to it, if any one picks that pod up they are marked technically.

athomas
06-16-2006, 01:00 PM
I may be wrong on this but I heard that if you through a Pod out and it gets shot, you can not pick that pod back up mid-game other wise you are out...like lets say you through a pod to a team mate and the pod gets shot mid air or before the team mate can get to it, if any one picks that pod up they are marked technically.

That's the way I understand it as well. However, you can request that the ref wipe it clean while it is out of play. Then, once it is clean, you can empty the contents without penalty.

Indignant
06-16-2006, 01:50 PM

it's happened with our eggys. such a pain to clean.