PDA

View Full Version : So was this not a good deal afterall???

back2integrity
06-14-2006, 11:08 PM
So I found what seemed to be a pretty sweet package on Ebay. I expected a few bid snipers near the end, but nobody else ever bid on it but me... Does everybody else know something I don't? Was it not a good deal afterall? Am I missing something? Do you think i'll get ripped off?

LMK what you think. Here is a link to the auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16048&item=7247855194

quasimorte
06-14-2006, 11:11 PM
looks good to me but wait till you get everything in. btw how much you want for that 92/45? :)

back2integrity
06-14-2006, 11:13 PM
looks good to me but wait till you get everything in. btw how much you want for that 92/45? :)

Lets wait till i get it in and can inspect it before I set a price for you. I sold a Crossfire 92/45 for $170 a few weeks ago... but we'll see.

StygShore
06-14-2006, 11:13 PM
Looks good to me, 2 nitros and a tach one... and the rest is crap

saw it earlier. I think seller screwed up by not putting paintball int he title, probably didnt get searched on very often

Styg

dsrkd
06-14-2006, 11:16 PM
Yes.
I mean no. How about you cut your losses and I'll pick it up from you :rolleyes:
Seriously, if all is well when you receive it you did well.

StygShore
06-14-2006, 11:22 PM
Look at it this way, you just got your Nitro systems for free with that deal

I use the same crossfire system. Slightly larger than a 68/4500 but holds a lot of air, and you can stretch the same tank cover over it

Styg

dahoeb
06-14-2006, 11:45 PM
for all that equipment, the deal doesn't look bad at all. if everything works properly, then you shouldn't have doubts about whether you got your moneys worth.

ahellers
06-15-2006, 12:37 AM
looks like a great deal to me
t

OEM Petey
06-15-2006, 01:46 AM
i'm thinking because his feedback is low. And all of them are from sellers, not buyers. Thats my speculation to why there wasn't as many bids on it

SpecialBlend2786
06-15-2006, 02:55 AM
Looks good to me. Congrats!

back2integrity
06-15-2006, 08:14 AM
Alright guys, thanks for the input. I read that description like 10 times to make sure I wasn't missing anything, so it looks like I wasn't. If for some reason it doesn't work out, i'll come back and post in this thread and whine about it like a little baby for you all just to give you a good laugh :D

Lohman446
06-15-2006, 08:19 AM
It looks like a reasonably fair price. The numbers he puts up for value of things like the tanks and the hopper are high but overall for the package thats not a bad price at all. I mean, if you sell one of the nitro tanks for $150 and get $50 out of the Piranha you got a Tac One for $285 shipped with tank and hopper. That is extremely good

Dewok82
06-15-2006, 08:48 AM
Looks like a pretty good snag to me. Ebay "bargains" can somtimes become nightmares when the actual goods show up. I always message the seller about the condition/functionality of almost any used paintball gear before I bid/buy. That still isn't nearly as good of a deal as you got on those Hyperframe Mags from the Aussie. Now THOSE were a bargain.

back2integrity
06-15-2006, 08:51 AM
would you believe that as of a month and a half ago I had never even owned a single x-valve or ULE body?

Dewok82
06-15-2006, 10:04 AM
I wasn't saying I was mad or anything, although I admit I'm a little jealous of how easily you were able to about double your money. I did attempt to buy one, but it was after you had gotten them all. Honestly, I would have parted out everything but the Xvavle (and basically ended up with a free Xvavle).

There seems to be a recurring theme here on AO where people don't like other members making a little profit through resale when they get a good deal or have an item that is desirable and/or out of production. I personally feel that is ridiculous. This is America, and last I checked we had a capitalist economy. Was there really some magical "AO Spirit" that made people willing to take less money for their items from AO members than from anyone else? I'm not talking about dealer discounts, I mean things like RandomMoron on PBN will give you $200 but you sell it to MagDude on AO for $175 just because he is a member. I know I'm a newer member, but I have yet to see anything like this.

One caveat I feel bears mentioning is that people do need to remember that there is no such thing as "hobby selling" and you have to report that income. I work for a taxing authority and we do keep an eye on Paypal transactions and get anonymous tips (usually from disgruntled competitors and estranged lovers) all the time on situations like this (and we do follow up), so keep your receipts! I've seen a lot of people get in very messy situations because they don't think the income from selling their junk or baseball card collection is subject to income tax (not to mention sales tax if sold within your state, use tax on your shipping supplies if purchased out of state, etc..).

It was nice of you to offer the deal to others on PBN, but how much of a Mag presence is there on PBN? I'm sure if you posted here on AO they would have been gone in hours, but someone else probably would have done the EXACT same thing you did.

(sorry for the off topicness, I've just seen these debates going on and wanted to throw in my $0.02)

But as for ebay bargains, I've gotten some really good stuff by searching common misspellings. It seems more people shop by keyword than by going to a specific category. I once saw an Angel go for DIRT cheap because the title was something like "Sweet p8ntball gun NO RESERVE" and it was listed in a miscellaneous category. There are some real gems to be had if you're willing to get a little creative with your searches. Also, almost all of the bidding on a lot of items takes place in the last 30 seconds (especially with paintball items). There are many bargains to be had on items ending at oddball times I'm not saying stay up til 4 am or anything, just put in a decent bid. You may wakeup surprised to see how cheaply you won the item.

EDIT: Woah, nice edit. I swear you said something about angry PMs from other members. Way to make me look like a whackjob :p

ShooterJM
06-15-2006, 10:35 AM
One caveat I feel bears mentioning is that people do need to remember that there is no such thing as "hobby selling" and you have to report that income. I work for a taxing authority and we do keep an eye on Paypal transactions and get anonymous tips (usually from disgruntled competitors and estranged lovers) all the time on situations like this (and we do follow up), so keep your receipts! I've seen a lot of people get in very messy situations because they don't think the income from selling their junk or baseball card collection is subject to income tax (not to mention sales tax if sold within your state, use tax on your shipping supplies if purchased out of state, etc..).

Interesting. Now if that has to be reported as income, isn't the reverse true? IE couldn't you write the depreciation of your current equipment off as a business loss?

Arstron
06-15-2006, 10:40 AM
I love spending a little time in the paintball catagory watching every item before it ends to see if I can get some good deals. ;) Its amazing how many good things that go threw ebay that never get bid on.

Lohman446
06-15-2006, 11:20 AM
Interesting. Now if that has to be reported as income, isn't the reverse true? IE couldn't you write the depreciation of your current equipment off as a business loss?

Only if the loss is part of a business that has a reasonable expectation of profits. "Hobby" business ie "gentlemen farmer" does not count.

ShooterJM
06-15-2006, 11:37 AM
That's my understanding as well, time to break out the tax books on misc income reporting....

back2integrity
06-15-2006, 11:41 AM
Hey Dewok, I didn't think you were mad, and I certainly wasn't refering to you at all. And yes, i've kept every single reciept. Got quite a pile of them... lol.

Lohman446
06-15-2006, 12:00 PM
Was there really some magical "AO Spirit" that made people willing to take less money for their items from AO members than from anyone else? I'm not talking about dealer discounts, I mean things like RandomMoron on PBN will give you $200 but you sell it to MagDude on AO for $175 just because he is a member. I know I'm a newer member, but I have yet to see anything like this.

Maybe. I have given away things, and seen things given away though because someone is a member of AO. Would nto have gotten the same on PBN from what I have seen.

olinar
06-15-2006, 07:47 PM
i was lookin to snipe that auction(lol) but i didnt get to it in time. ill buy the tac one and or 68 off of you. looks to be a great deal though yo could prolly even make some money off it if wanted

back2integrity
06-15-2006, 07:58 PM
i was lookin to snipe that auction(lol) but i didnt get to it in time. ill buy the tac one and or 68 off of you. looks to be a great deal though yo could prolly even make some money off it if wanted

Well, i appreciate the offer, but I think i'm going to actually keep this one. :eek: But you might see the 68ci up for sale in a few weeks.

KalFalnal
06-16-2006, 04:22 PM
I think that guy may have gotten a few more bids if he had spelled Tac-One correctly. Tac. Not Tach.

Good deal for back2integrity though.

shootz14
06-23-2006, 08:05 PM
hey i'll take that tac one off your hands!! email me at shootz1421@yahoo.com