PDA

View Full Version : FEP Quest..?

CKY_Alliance
06-15-2006, 08:51 AM
SO anyone used/owned/played with a Quest..they have been out for awhile now and i havnt really seen any reviews..so anyone know about these, im getting the itch for another gun and these intregue me.

etjoyride
06-15-2006, 10:43 AM
I haven't personally shot one yet, but i have heard nothing but good things about them. another high end electro, not to much to mess up if you ask me.

rmg
06-15-2006, 12:54 PM
My nephew has one. I can say that thing can shoot fast, I don't have any numbers but it is one of the fastest on the field. My brother (his Dad) was so impressed he bought one for himself.
They did have some trouble with the first one. The bolt split, FEP replaced it (the bolt) promptly. I think it has some heavy wear in the area that the bolt moves, but that is just my opinion. The second gun shows the same wear pattern, doesn't seem to effect the operation at all. They are a little louder than I would have expected for a low pressure gun.
The field owner has one also, says its the fastest gun he has shot, of course he sells them.
My brother and nephew love them, thats for sure.

MoeMag
06-15-2006, 01:12 PM
I sell quests... does that count?

-not to mention I have shot every one in the state, and all the guys at the shop have special one-of-one editions that we play with.

The lightest paintball gun on the market. It is a simple spool valve that only has 8 o-rings in the entire gun, 3 of which hold the pressure. It has less kick than a DM (I have a DM6 so I know that as a fact) It is more efficient than an ego, and has Timmy eyes, and comes stock with a WAS board. This gun is FAST. Coupled with the barrel that it comes with the two piece "007" barrel, everyone says that its inherent accuracy is close to that of an autococker. This gun is fully upped out of the box. The only upgrade we carry for it at the moment are the new “gold member” polished bolts and the snatch pin… which is actually the bolt guide!? I actually just sold my DM6 and I have requested a one-of-one for myself (our shop is in with FEP really good). That is unless I can get my hands on a ’07 ego first. I am also kind of tempted to see this new angel but IDK. FEP is still a very new company, but the guy running it is bending over backwards to make sure people are happy. They have excellent customer service of the likes I have never seen. Of the two that were bad out of the box… we received all new internals for free to get them going.

FEP, the quest, has proven itself as being an outstanding company and marker. For the price, they are the best high-end marker available in my opinion.

CKY_Alliance
06-15-2006, 01:28 PM
I thought i read at one time or another that they have adjustable trigger frames?? Like how far forward or backwards it sits..i believe i read this before it was released.did the final make have this feature? If so can someone elaborate on it please?

Ohh and how is the reg on them? I find the reg pretty ugly, i dont know why it would be but the vert reg isnt fixed on the gun is it, you can replace it correct?..sounds like a dumb question but its only way i could think to word it...

mag_lover05
06-15-2006, 01:30 PM
several guys at my field have them...i would own one to, but i dont like the "high end stuff" a whole lot, plus, with the 15bps cap we inforce, my emag does fine, i might as well not bother buying a faster gun....

well anyways, i had never heard of them, untill one of the guys i played with brought it out, and he let me play 2 or so games with it, and it is VERY VERY VERY LIGHT!!!!!!! its also a quick son of a gun. if you got the funds and the itch to try something new, go for it. plus they just look dead sexxy

BerSerK
06-15-2006, 02:15 PM
I thought i read at one time or another that they have adjustable trigger frames?? Like how far forward or backwards it sits..i believe i read this before it was released.did the final make have this feature? If so can someone elaborate on it please?

According to canadianpaintball.com, the frame can be installed in two different position, a forward and rear one. Looks like a nice marker.

SpecialBlend2786
06-15-2006, 04:25 PM
According to canadianpaintball.com, the frame can be installed in two different position, a forward and rear one. Looks like a nice marker.

yep, the frame can slide forward or back.
But Yeah, I have heard nothing but positive things about the Quest and FEP. Seems like a great marker with great customer service and support. Plus they look pretty damn cool imo :cool:

MoeMag
06-16-2006, 12:04 AM
Ohh and how is the reg on them? I find the reg pretty ugly, i dont know why it would be but the vert reg isnt fixed on the gun is it, you can replace it correct?..sounds like a dumb question but its only way i could think to word it...

That reg ROCKS!
the running joke is that it is made after some F1 race car part or something like that :rolleyes:

But seriously, that reg is awsome. it is very consistent, very fast, and very efficent. It would be stupid to replace it, infact I would go as far as to say I wish I could get one for my DM6.

The next model year of them will have a reg that has the air input into the bottom like an angel, so that will be a nice change... but still they are nice guns all arround. I cannot find any reason to speak poorly about them.

Okay the only thing I dont like is their marketing... the whole skull and sword thing? not my style. I'm not some emo punk paintballer. I think I am going to get one and put some custom polished Al grips on it.

FallNAngel
06-16-2006, 01:38 AM
If I could get one for my V7 with 2-Liter, I'd give it a shot. Unfortunately, I don't think that's a trade most will entertain.

rmg
06-16-2006, 12:09 PM
MoeMag, sorry, I should have thrown in a smilie after the salesman comment.
The Quest looks like a fine gun. Customer service is first rate. Can't ask for much more.....Did I mention its fast?

Chris_automag_07
06-17-2006, 11:06 PM
i want a link

slade
06-18-2006, 07:50 PM
Coupled with the barrel that it comes with the two piece "007" barrel, everyone says that its inherent accuracy is close to that of an autococker.
thats where i stopped reading.

CKY_Alliance
06-18-2006, 08:41 PM
i want a link

I assume you mean for the gun..if so here you go

http://www.firstendeavorpaintball.com/shop/

Carbon
06-19-2006, 01:38 AM
i have yet to shoot one, but my initial impression the quest had on me was good.

Lighter and a little more tight than a shocker, good geometry. Sleeper milling, lots of sticker space if that is your thing.

HPR is a near copy of the torpedo. So its pretty consistant and really simple to work with.

murder-soul
06-19-2006, 08:04 PM
so after the replacement quests did you experiance any more bolt problems?

REDRT
06-19-2006, 08:47 PM
My friend sold one through his store and bought one himself. It seems to be super nice marker. Anyone who knows me knows I don't much like anything but mags. I'd shoot one of these in a pinch. Simple and light. Did I say simple and light? It's strong suits. I have to report both boards failed in both Quests and had to be replaced. Quick custommer service had them running in no time flat. They seem to to be good now with no further problems. The Quest is currently in my top 3 markers.

rmg
06-20-2006, 11:50 AM
murder-soul,
Only the bolt was replaced, not the whole gun... But no, no problems with the first gun that had the bolt replaced. Nice thing was that FEP got the new bolt to him a couple of days.
I think the second gun had an updated bolt in it when it was purchased. (Brother is out of town, so I can't verify that) My nephew plays twice a week, so if it was going to break again, it probably would have already.