PDA

View Full Version : So Z-man Had Too Much Fun

Z-man
06-15-2006, 12:48 PM
So A few of you might know about this but as I amnot in front of my G4 tower I have not seen any of the emails that may have been sent to me. I had a motorcycle accident. The first one in my life as a matter of fact that let me with more than just a scrape. I was riding with my good friend Claw Williams and I went right over a washout that I had NO clue was even there. Both of us were in full riding gear and had cell phones and Camel Bacs.

The end result is that I boke my tibia and fibia in 2 places WITH the best boots on the market protecting me. I am CERTAIN had I not been wearing those boots I would have suffered SEVER compund breaks and extensive damage to my leg. My friend Clay escaped almost unscathed thankfullly and took pictures! While we waited for the paramedics of course. Although I hate that this happened I do not think it was becuase of stupid driving or show off behavior. This was just a crummy situationthat could have been FAR worse without both good preparation on our parts as well as Clay's level headed and calm behavior. My parents made 180 and drove out from CA in 20 hours.

I am being treated like royaly and now on day 4 I have started eating at last.

Links to images

http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g199/OzAlliance/

bentothejam1n
06-15-2006, 12:54 PM
How long will you in the cast?

>><<
06-15-2006, 12:55 PM
The DYE pants are what saved ya!!
the paintball gods looked down on you cause you were wearing your PB pants haha
and thats was damn deep revine

gibby
06-15-2006, 12:56 PM
Wow! Crazy!! Glad to see you're alright...get better soon!

shorty24
06-15-2006, 01:00 PM
Wow. Glad to hear you made it through *relatively* OK... Sry to hear it man, hope ya get well soon!

That was one ninja ravine :ninja: ! I remember doin something very similar to that on my mountain bike, but I didn't get hurt too bad...

/take care...hope you're back to :shooting: soon...

mag_lover05
06-15-2006, 01:00 PM
glad to see you were smiling while you were laying there...

tae
06-15-2006, 01:01 PM
Dang sneaky pits of doom.

Get better soon, Zman!

bunny5
06-15-2006, 01:03 PM
Heh, you had too much fun alright :wow: Geez. Glad to see your okay tho! The way I live is that "everything happens for a reason." So something good should come out of this accident. :)

Long live Z-man!!!!! :hail:

Temo Vryce
06-15-2006, 01:25 PM
Geez man. That wasn't very bright. ;) I am glad to know that you made out as well as you did though. The two things that I think you did right here were having the proper gear including cell phones and riding with a buddy, even if he did fall in too. The one thing you did wrong was failing to inspect the terrain. Trouble is I'm sure that you ride there fairly regularly and though you knew the lay of the land. I don't want to sound too holier-than-thou. I am glad that you're alright with the exception of the leg. I would hate to think what would happen to the world of paintball without videos of you grinning while firing automags at insanely high speeds. Get well soon and buy your friend a beer for me, :cheers: for taking the time to take pictures.

Steelrat
06-15-2006, 01:27 PM
OMG, the facial disfigurement is HORRIBLE. Is that going to be permenant? I know that plastic surgeons can perform miracles, but this?

Loguzzzzzz
06-15-2006, 01:27 PM
Sorry to here you are layed up. :(

Thank goodness for wearing the right equipment!

I will be in Colorado in a little over a week, riding, probably up in Fairplay or near there. I can see that I will need to be cautious.

Hope you make a speedy recovery. I am guessing you will out of commission for 8 to 10 weeks. Hope you don't get too bored.

Glad to hear you are OK, get well soon!

SCpoloRicker
06-15-2006, 02:02 PM
OMG, the facial disfigurement is HORRIBLE. Is that going to be permenant? I know that plastic surgeons can perform miracles, but this?

http://www.stupidness.net/archives/images/simgoggles.jpg

;)

Seriously, glad you're going to fully recover. Wear good safety gear kids!

thecavemankevin
06-15-2006, 02:03 PM
:D bahahahahahaha!!!!

omg, i hope poor clay will be ok....poor poor bastard :(

Steelrat
06-15-2006, 02:05 PM
http://www.stupidness.net/archives/images/simgoggles.jpg

;)

Seriously, glad you're going to fully recover. Wear good safety gear kids!

I actually knew about this several days ago, so I've already said all the nice stuff to him.

Cow hunter
06-15-2006, 02:23 PM
forget how you were, was the bike okay after that fall?!

/just kidding, hope you get better soon and theres no permanent damage (friend broke his leg snowboarding 2 1/2 years ago and still walks with a limp)

Z-man
06-15-2006, 02:23 PM
It's back the land of Azeroth for me now!!!! it was an orchestrated move onmy part!!! bwahhaahahhah nono just kidding. But I did forget I was wearing Dye pants :) I wouldn't let them cut them off me either!!! they are mine!!

Z-man
06-15-2006, 02:24 PM
forget how you were, was the bike okay after that fall?!

/just kidding, hope you get better soon and theres no permanent damage (friend broke his leg snowboarding 2 1/2 years ago and still walks with a limp)

You know what annoyed me! The bike drove off fine!!! bah!

nate2k191
06-15-2006, 02:29 PM
man, i was hoping for some sweet new paintball videos soon :rofl: . hope everything heals well, get better, do some raids and get some new epics.

rifleman wi
06-15-2006, 02:37 PM
glad to see that it wasnt any worse... hope you have a speedy recovery :)

SpecialBlend2786
06-15-2006, 02:45 PM
Aw man, I'm glad to hear that you'll make a full recovery, hope it's a speedy one at that.
Being around motorcycles and then hearing about people having accidents always irks me.

That aside, I like the title of your thread. I say you start talking in third person again, just like old times...

master_alexander
06-15-2006, 02:48 PM
i saw the title... and i was like "what did he do now..."

that looks pretty bad. i really want to get into riding dirt bikes or any kind of motorized bike for that matter... but my parents say no... this is why i guess...

hope you feel better :D

etjoyride
06-15-2006, 02:57 PM
I saw the title and figured you made a paintball related monster.

However, dirtbiking is right up there with paintball as one of the best sports so its all good ;)

Oh and wait, if you had on dye pants then it is paintball related! :D

Hope you feel better soon Z

hitech
06-15-2006, 03:49 PM
Damn, why does it seem like a lot of people I know are getting life threating illness or injuries? It&apos;s all my wifes fault since she started it. ;)

Hope it doesn&apos;t hurt much.

:cheers: Here is to healing fast.

punkncat
06-15-2006, 05:08 PM
Glad to hear that you were "ok" afterwards. Wearing the proper gear was a good thing.

I recently lost a friend to an offroad biking accident. If he had simply put on a helmet he would more than likely be fine.

maxama10
06-15-2006, 05:56 PM
Glad you took it so manly :) Hate for you to cry infront of the camera ;) lol kidding man.
Im glad youre okay. Goodluck with it all.

Tunaman
06-15-2006, 08:07 PM
Get well soon Zack. Looks like it was a hell of a ride down. When you went over the top...and looked down...did you say "oh shunt"? :D

dahoeb
06-15-2006, 08:28 PM
Maybe you could send the pic to Dye, theyd love to see their pants that saved you. :D Perfect for the marketing hype machine!!!

that could be a really good idea! haha

you know pegleg dan paintballs with one leg, i'm sure you could manage with a broken one! ;)

anyways, hope you recover soon!

Arstron
06-15-2006, 08:43 PM
Dang a Tib-Fib break can be pretty painful. I am with tuna though, what was you thinking when you went you realized the wash out was there? Atleast you wasnt hurt worse then you are and I know from experience you wont mind having nothing else todo but play WoW. :cheers:

I have been itching to load WoW back up, but I am not sure if sit threw the repetative leveling threw level 20 again. Since I was in closed and open betas of WoW I have gone threw the begining of the orcs game 4 times! btw, what server are you playing on? :D

cabldawg
06-15-2006, 09:30 PM
glad to hear the bike is OK

rkjunior303
06-15-2006, 09:59 PM
Zack, get well bro! It could have been much worse! You might have had to buy a new pair of Dye pants!

Z-man
06-15-2006, 11:00 PM
Get well soon Zack. Looks like it was a hell of a ride down. When you went over the top...and looked down...did you say "oh shunt"? :D

Well actually several things were going though my head.

1-"@#$%#$^% it's only been 30 min of riding!!!"
2-"#$%$%^$ now I am going t have the same rod of metal in my leg as my dad"
2-"$%#@%^ oh well at least I am wear gear" shortly replaced by "$#%#$%^$%^ my leg hurts!!!"

GordDesigns
06-15-2006, 11:41 PM
Glad to hear your ok!!!
I did the same thing only on my mountain bike, tib/fib left leg.
12 inches of stainless steel in your leg should fix you right up, it did for me. ;)
Just think of all the fun you'll have at airports.

Best wishes and stay off it it for 6-8 weeks.
:cheers:

mr.mag218
06-15-2006, 11:48 PM
where in colorado were you riding? all's i've seen on my visit is trails and 1 MX track. o, and most boots = worthless for the shin unless they are really tight, or you are wearing shin pads under the boots. (my 2 cents) never fun to see a fellow rider go down tho, you'll pull through it. i broke my wrist in 2 places, arm in 2 places, and dislocated my elbow. guess you'll be riding in first for a while since you can't shift :rofl: GET WELL SOON / TAKE LOTS OF MORPHINE!!

shorty24
06-16-2006, 12:22 AM
TAKE LOTS OF MORPHINE!!

morphine is teh fun... :ninja:

:rofl:

latches109
06-16-2006, 12:35 AM
damn that suxs really bad. heal fast! I guess you'll have time to make some indoor reball videos. :eek:

Army
06-16-2006, 01:16 AM
Ya know.....this just does not look good for the first family of "Rifle". :rofl: :hail:

(the rest of you won't get that)

Indignant
06-16-2006, 02:26 AM
zak, you are hardcore dude.

take it easy, really glad you're ok.

i was expecting something about crashing on a normal street bike and was going to make a snappy comment about the bronson bag saving you but i was shot down.

zeevann
06-17-2006, 09:52 PM
wow sorry to see this man, this brings back bad memoris from 3 month ago when i broke my legs when i rolled my rhino, if you need to pass the time i find the xbox 360 to be the best of friends :D seriously tho hope you get better i know how much that sux ;)

jenarelJAM
06-17-2006, 11:51 PM
Wow man, I'm glad you're okay. My dad used to ride bikes too, till he had a crash that left his knees torn open. He has serious knee pain even to this day. Bikes are dangerous, you lucked out.

Get well soon!

Chronobreak
07-31-2006, 08:39 AM
hows recov going?

up for others

zaqwert6
07-31-2006, 08:19 PM
Hope recovery is going well.

Hmmm....

Can't help but think that if you had an autococker on you , gravity would have been nullified and you might have had the range to sail right over.....

Dang Maggers......