PDA

View Full Version : Some people amaze me......

punkncat
06-15-2006, 05:18 PM
I was just digging through the back room of the local shop. There are so many markers sitting there unclaimed. I can't understand how someone could bring a marker in to a shop and just forget about it.
I found two Impulses in the mix, among many other cheaper markers, that have just been sitting there for months. One of them for somewhere around a year maybe more. He has no real policy about how long it sits before it gets sold or whatever so they just pile up.

One of the Impulses is a green 32* and the other a red non vision stock body. We agreed that if both are still there by around november I am going to mix the parts of both to make one really nice working one out of them, but red and green. I am going to put on a Santa suit and go bust some kids at the field with it.....

BD_Paintball
06-15-2006, 05:28 PM
that would be funny as hell to see. some people just dont care about their things.

Maggot6
06-15-2006, 05:55 PM
How could someone just sorta, forget to pick up their marker? I mean, hundreds of dollars down the drain, .........

:tard:

Cow hunter
06-15-2006, 06:08 PM
the santa impulse! that would be cool, but i say you wait till october then keep em

REDRT
06-15-2006, 06:58 PM
An Imp I can see leaving. :p I have left things at places. Engine blocks, car parts, food, beer, PB parts, clothes ect. Things I have left haven't been a big loss to me. Not enough to care. I have a BKO a friend left here in pieces like 2 years ago. He'll never claim it. Low end/ crappy pb markers I have no doubt the owners don't care about them neither. Give them to the homeless. They might need them if "Denny Crane" walks on by... :spit_take

punkncat
06-15-2006, 09:23 PM
I tried it out today, but will have to exchange some internal parts to get the look and operation I am looking for.

The 32* Imp has a messed up ram. I suspect its bent, but can't get the ram cap off. The solenoid also leaks on that one, but it does have the tapeworm and Vision board I may use. I have yet to check the eye board to see if its good. Its the OLD pre cricket....

The Stock red one is actually in pretty good shape it just needs a good lubing and a bit of TLC....some new detents as well. They got so clogged with paint it just destroyed the springs.

So I was thinking red body, with the green tray and frame, green barrel, and haven't decided, but I think I will change to the green vert asa and use the red max flo. I like the milling on the 32* body a bit better...but being unable to get the ram cap off is putting that out of reach. That body has super glue on a few bolts already, so....I am beginning to see why that one got "left behind".

Anyway, its too early to worry about. The owners will probably show up now that I've messed with their markers...Spydey sense will start tingling....lol

Strider
06-15-2006, 10:23 PM
Heh, our local shop sold an HPA to a customer who never picked it up. Paid for and everything.

We've had it so long now it's out of hydro. :p

bentothejam1n
06-15-2006, 10:26 PM
some kid probably told his parents that somebody "stole" his gun so he needed a new one

RedEyes
06-15-2006, 10:48 PM
Policy at the store I goto is a month, but if they already paid for it then dang... usually no one picks up their tanks from hydro. I should ask if they have any stuff ppl didnt pick up.

lol

Another amazement, well just funy is where a mother calls shop saying she dropped her son's marker to be fixed but calls the wrong shop. :rofl: happen while the shop was working on my PM5.

paint magnet
06-15-2006, 11:05 PM
An Imp I can see leaving. :p I have left things at places. Engine blocks, car parts, food, beer, PB parts, clothes ect. Things I have left haven't been a big loss to me. Not enough to care. I have a BKO a friend left here in pieces like 2 years ago. He'll never claim it. Low end/ crappy pb markers I have no doubt the owners don't care about them neither. Give them to the homeless. They might need them if "Denny Crane" walks on by... :spit_take

You left beer? That's alcohol abuse :wow:

Recon by Fire
06-15-2006, 11:29 PM
My Xmag has been sitting Brad's shop for about 8 months now. I dropped it off to get my ACE wires fixed (I won't touch electrical). I haven't forgotten about it, I just cannot pick it up since i'm out of town and cannot use it anyway.

Jaan
06-16-2006, 03:50 AM
He has no real policy about how long it sits before it gets sold or whatever so they just pile up.There are laws which cover how long something has to be sitting there before it's legally abandoned. The last time I knew for sure it was something like 3 years. Please don't quote me on that though ... I'm just saying I'd make sure before I'd go selling anything. You don't want to end up in how water when the guy comes back 2 years and 11 months later.

Ratt
06-16-2006, 03:51 AM
My Xmag has been sitting Brad's shop for about 8 months now. I dropped it off to get my ACE wires fixed (I won't touch electrical). I haven't forgotten about it, I just cannot pick it up since i'm out of town and cannot use it anyway.

If you ever decide you want to sell it, just let Brad hold onto it, and I will send you the money (when I can manage to squirrel that much dough from under my wife's ever-watching eye), then pick it up from him or have him send it to me... :D

Recon by Fire
06-16-2006, 11:02 PM
Sell it? I haven't even had the chance to load the Xmod onto it and give it a try yet...new anno may be in order also.

slade
06-17-2006, 10:42 AM
How could someone just sorta, forget to pick up their marker? I mean, hundreds of dollars down the drain, .........

:tard:
youre forgetting its an impulse. at this point, its closer to $30 down the drain.

actually, id love to find a marker abandoned, even a broken impulse... itd give me something to do :p

sometimes stores forget about their stock, too. anthony at my local shop found a BPS reflex autococker in the back room that had been left there for years, and his boss just let him have it. he also found a boston paintball cocker that had been used to experiment with milling, and his boss let him have that, which he then made into a nice pump cocker with a CCM kit. it makes me want to work in a paintball store :(

peewee
06-17-2006, 10:58 AM

What year BKO?? How much??

Toll
06-17-2006, 11:05 AM
I was filled with a certain degree of dread and happyness when I saw the standard agg kid throw his gun into a ditch and walk away. I was going to snipe it, but I thought better of it.....Throwing a 500+ dollar marker into a body of water counts as abandonment to me.

Pyroboy597
06-17-2006, 11:09 AM
A guy left a DM5 that he dropped off at my local shop. He had brought it in because all the wiring had torn when he was trying to install a new trigger on the gun (he knocked the frame off the table while it was unscrewed from the gun and when it fell it pulled all the wiring out). As if that weren't bad enough, he has decided to change the color of his dust black DM5 himself, taking a can of sky-blue spray paint and a can of white spray paint and WITHOUT TAPING ANYTHING he tried to do a blue-white fade. The inside of the barrel had paint dripping and running into it that had dried, and paint had gotten inside the bolt chamber through the hole in the back.

He never picked it up.

slade
06-17-2006, 11:12 AM
I was filled with a certain degree of dread and happyness when I saw the standard agg kid throw his gun into a ditch and walk away. I was going to snipe it, but I thought better of it.....Throwing a 500+ dollar marker into a body of water counts as abandonment to me.
wait... some kid threw a high end marker into a ditch/puddle and walked away, and you DIDNT rescue it?! wheres your sense of morality?! thats like standing around to watch someone beat a kitten with an iron rod.

Toll
06-17-2006, 11:59 AM
I figured he was tenderizing the kitten

Chris_automag_07
06-17-2006, 10:33 PM
I was just digging through the back room of the local shop. There are so many markers sitting there unclaimed. I can't understand how someone could bring a marker in to a shop and just forget about it.
I found two Impulses in the mix, among many other cheaper markers, that have just been sitting there for months. One of them for somewhere around a year maybe more. He has no real policy about how long it sits before it gets sold or whatever so they just pile up.

One of the Impulses is a green 32* and the other a red non vision stock body. We agreed that if both are still there by around november I am going to mix the parts of both to make one really nice working one out of them, but red and green. I am going to put on a Santa suit and go bust some kids at the field with it.....

i can understand why one would leave there non-working impulse at the shop....or any impulse for that matter

RRfireblade
06-17-2006, 10:49 PM
Oh they will claim them..... but not until you either bag them and store them in a far , far away hard to reach spot or about 3 mins after "borrow" a critical part for another more punctual customer.

;)

-Tab
06-18-2006, 01:40 AM
Heh, our local shop sold an HPA to a customer who never picked it up. Paid for and everything.

We've had it so long now it's out of hydro. :p

We sold a small roll of carpet at our floor covering store. That was in the 80s. It's still sitting in one of our warehouses to this day. It's paid for and everything. I kid you not.

I won't be able to tell you why we haven't tried re-selling it or even trashing it, so don't ask