PDA

View Full Version : DO I need a foamie for a classic pro

jsdatjsd
06-15-2006, 06:50 PM
Hey, to use the foamies, do I need a "foamie bolt", or do I just glue a foamie on the regular bolt?

ANd, since I am skipping the level 10 (I have my reasons), should I worry about the foamie or not?

Foamie yes?

or

Foamie no?

cowboy_00
06-15-2006, 06:53 PM
if you have a LVL 7 bolt it is foamieless. Thus you dont need a foamie

Although you have your reasons...the lvl 10 is probably the best upgrade for a mag out there.

LvL 10s have the foamies.

jsdatjsd
06-15-2006, 07:10 PM
Ok.

Can someone please explain what the level 10 does, besdes making the marker ten times more complex and not chopping balls?

At the rate of fire I will probably use at most one case of paint in a day, if even that much. SO I don't need speed, and that probably means I won't be chopping balls.

Once I have had a mag for a while, I will probably want to upgrade it. But meanwhile, I don't need to worry about screwing up my gun because i tweaked the level 10.

Those are my reasons.

I thikn that they are reasonable. I don't want to jump into a gun that i, frankly, cannot handle. Remember, Im the guy that tweaked a '97 basic spyder and BROKE IT.

I mean, how can you break a spyder?

ANyways, I was just wondering if I should buy foamies to glue onto my level 7. The automag website says there are level 7 bolts, foamie bolts, and level 10 bolts. I was really wondering if the foamie bolt was just a level 7 with a foamie glued on.

JD

buzzboy
06-15-2006, 07:20 PM
It will cost you a lot more money to get LX if you wait. It really is pretty easy to maintain and that extra bit of protection does great wonders. And no, you can't glue a foamie to a L7 bolt or it won't work right.

rb211
06-15-2006, 07:59 PM
If you insist on shooting with a foamie, you can buy a foamie L7 bolt from AGD, or you might be able to get one in the B/S/T forum here. Save your $$ and get the LVL 10. It's worth it.

cowboy_00
06-15-2006, 08:54 PM
if you want too. Ill take your gun and tune it for very little cost, or if you dont trust me send it to TUNAMAN he can tune it, lube it and make it shipshape for almost nothing on a classic. and sometimes even shooting slow you can chop a ball if my accident you short stroke or something. LVL 10s don't take any work (or very little) after you tune it...and if you've got 200 pbs its not that hard to tune. once you shoot it you'll see its really worth it.

CKY_Alliance
06-15-2006, 08:55 PM
If you insist on shooting with a foamie, you can buy a foamie L7 bolt from AGD, or you might be able to get one in the B/S/T forum here. Save your $$ and get the LVL 10. It's worth it.

Better yet save your money and make the gun electronic and put eyes in that biznitch...best way to go...lvlx is great for what it is but its a pain in the ***..ye once you get it tuned right its not too bad untill its ready to be tuned again...

I have an even better option but ill keep that to myself..i dont want to offend anyone

jsdatjsd
06-15-2006, 09:19 PM
SO, are you all gently and subtly implying that the level 10 is maybe a good buy?

jsdatjsd
06-15-2006, 09:25 PM
wait a minute, isn't a level 10 pointless without HPA or nitro?

Im not getting nitro. Im sticking with CO2, for a number of reasons.

JD

CKY_Alliance
06-15-2006, 09:27 PM
It's your best option...untill you decide how long you will keep the gun..you may want someting faster in a month or so..and with out it you will blend paint like madness so i would prolly go ahead and buy one i guess its worth the headache if you insist on shooting a mag....which if i wanted a mech gun i would be shooting one too...

Most people who run lvlx use nitrogen because they have it on their xvalve...im not sure how it handles with CO2 ..good question never thought of that nor have i seen it asked..i think its possible someone else would know better.

b e n
06-15-2006, 09:29 PM
Get LX trust me, at first I didnt want it because I thought it would be hard to mantain and/or install but I was wrong. It was super easy and even more worth it. Just do it and you will see the light :cool:

cowboy_00
06-15-2006, 09:29 PM
if your shooting CO2 you def want a lvl 10 in case you Co2 drops off or something unusual.
bolt has no effect on gas at all (just slightly lower efficency) shooting slow you'll be fine.

RUNS FINE ON CO2 use my classic mag on Co2 during the summer cuz i can just grab and go.

jsdatjsd
06-15-2006, 09:36 PM
Hmmm....

Thanks all, I will take it into consideration....

JD

personman
06-15-2006, 09:46 PM
Level 10 reduces kick, blowback, chopping, and barrel breaks. I highly reccommend it. You cannot just stick a foamie on a stock L7 longnose bolt. You have to have the special foamie bolt that was designed for one. I dont reccomend the ANS ones, just the AGD one. Really It isnt worth it. Go ahead and get the lx. Its one of the best upgrades available.

I was a beta tester for LX and Im still using the same kit that I had when I first started testing, which was summer of 2002 I think?

Also, it is not true that you have to change your level 10 settings often. You will need to break your lx in intitally but once you have broken it in you barely need to touch it (if you have properly set up the LX). I dont think I've adjusted my level 10 in over a year and it still works awesome. I havent chopped a ball in the 4 or so years I've owned LX.

It will run fine on CO2. But as with all paintball guns, it will run much better on n2.

If you dont want LX, then dont bother with the foamie. Many people with LX have lost their foamies (they're kind of notorious for being shot out of the barrel since they're just glued in) and dont bother to replace them and say they dont really notice much of a difference at all. They probably do help, but im guessing not much.