PDA

View Full Version : Continuing my quest....

jsdatjsd
06-16-2006, 09:30 PM
TO ask lots of questions, and to annoy bahemoth and exasperate Lohman...

I have a couple airguns, are these field legal? I have both, but the airsupply is problematic....

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=4041

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000B3AR8/qid=1150512148/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2/002-0174526-4916854?%5Fencoding=UTF8&s=hi&v=glance&n=228013

bentothejam1n
06-16-2006, 09:35 PM
meh nail guns arent that what you see in happy gilmore. Some kid in my woods and metals class shot me from like 10 feet and it didnt break even break skin. they have pretty decent range though. You can hit from like 20-25 feet. i'm not saying you should go out and try it on some kid because im sure the fps changes from gun to gun

cowboy_00
06-16-2006, 09:38 PM
at my field No and No.

Ive tried (but lets not get into that)

if your hell bent on one...there just LP.
Palmers sells something you can use on em.

again..No. but fun idea non the less.

jsdatjsd
06-16-2006, 09:42 PM
I was shot in the chest by a nailgun from about 3 feet away. THe nail was spinning, and hit me sideways.

It hurt way more than a paintball at three feet.

For a couple weeks, I had a nail-silouhette shaped bruise.

If I shaved off the clipped head and put a strong bungie on the safety, and placed it on push-shot (where you hold the trigger and everytime you push the safety againts the mailig surface it fires) I bet i could get 5-10 shots a second. More with a cordless paselode.

Plus, both the guns require a compressor, but only 100 PSI...I bet I could rig a hpa tank with a 110 psi regualor, and get 5-10 thousand shots before i ran out of air.

And I bet I wouldn't have people wiping my shots off either.....

cowboy_00
06-16-2006, 09:54 PM
you could attempt as i did to mod it to shoot paintballs...but range SUCKS! it was just a week project..but it made an awesome sidearm (JOKE)

jsdatjsd
06-16-2006, 09:56 PM
you could attempt as i did to mod it to shoot paintballs...but range SUCKS! it was just a week project..but it made an awesome sidearm (JOKE)

I bet a paselode would work better, those use BUTANE COMBUSTION to shoot the ram.

Loud though.

JD

cowboy_00
06-16-2006, 10:04 PM
I know we use them to build mortar racks for shooting fireworks (great becuase you can set the sink in distance). Kinda like a Tippy C3 too!

jsdatjsd
06-16-2006, 11:06 PM
I know we use them to build mortar racks for shooting fireworks !

Coooooooooool!

:clap:

Jonno06
06-17-2006, 12:44 AM
I bet a paselode would work better, those use BUTANE COMBUSTION to shoot the ram.

Loud though.

JD

yea, but you also have to buy the fuel packs, AND battery's for it. :cuss:

neppo1345
06-17-2006, 01:14 AM
I don't think those would mix too well with the newer airball fields...

I think you'd run into a few little problems.

MoeMag
06-17-2006, 01:50 AM
I'm sure it can be done, but has anyone hooked up a hpa tank to one of those things? I bet that would be great on a construction site... no long hoses to the nail guns.

Has it been tried?

They run off of 300psi air compressors, so I bet a regulated air supply would work great. put a 92/4500 w/remote line on a workers back.

Spartan X
06-17-2006, 08:24 AM
Maybe take all the internals out and put a spydarm inside there? There is prolly plenty of room. Basically made it into a paintball gun that looks like a nail gun....that would be hilarious.

slade
06-17-2006, 10:01 AM
hey, isnt that an early mag or something?

nailguns are rather interesting, and the design is rather similar to a pneumag (well, i mean it uses a trigger activated 3-way to activate a ram)

punkncat
06-17-2006, 01:27 PM
I'm sure it can be done, but has anyone hooked up a hpa tank to one of those things? I bet that would be great on a construction site... no long hoses to the nail guns.

Has it been tried?

They run off of 300psi air compressors, so I bet a regulated air supply would work great. put a 92/4500 w/remote line on a workers back.

The problem is that nailguns are high volume / low pressure. It would empty the HPA tank in a matter of a few shots. Given the cost of the equipment to fill HPA vs the cost of a small compressor like an Emglo(etc) its just not practical.

The Paslode Impulse nailer is so far the best hoseless option, but even it can't stand up to continuous duty. It eventually overheats and quits working reliably until the cylinder cools down enough. Its been a few years since I serviced them so they may have worked that problem out by now...

Chris_automag_07
06-18-2006, 02:19 AM
TO ask lots of questions, and to annoy bahemoth and exasperate Lohman...

I have a couple airguns, are these field legal? I have both, but the airsupply is problematic....

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=4041

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000B3AR8/qid=1150512148/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2/002-0174526-4916854?%5Fencoding=UTF8&s=hi&v=glance&n=228013

you are a really stupid person. aren't you.

jsdatjsd
06-19-2006, 12:20 PM
The Paslode Impulse nailer is so far the best hoseless option, but even it can't stand up to continuous duty. It eventually overheats and quits working reliably until the cylinder cools down enough. Its been a few years since I serviced them so they may have worked that problem out by now...

I think that's not a problem now. You can go through an entire magazine without heating up badly with the models I used about 2 years ago.

Either way, I don't have a paselode, just a couple of compressor guns. And a nailgun works at like 109 psi, not 200+.

jsdatjsd
06-19-2006, 12:24 PM
you are a really stupid person. aren't you.

Yep. Definitely. Dumb as a rock.

Rock on!

BerSerK
06-19-2006, 03:39 PM
jsdatjsd, you are taking quite a bit of heat recently...can I ask why to you and the others.

I've seen your previous thread, it wasn't that bad...I guess people took it the wrong way. :confused:

SCpoloRicker
06-19-2006, 05:56 PM
Yep. Definitely. Dumb as a rock.

Rock on!

Actually, I rather like this approach.

/honestly
//also reasonably unclear as to reason for hate

captian pinky
06-19-2006, 06:19 PM
hey 2 days ago my uncle and i were putting up cedar on the bottom side of our porch and we had to remove the safety :eek: it was fun hahaha hahaha :shooting:

jsdatjsd
06-19-2006, 09:24 PM
jsdatjsd, you are taking quite a bit of heat recently...can I ask why to you and the others.

I've seen your previous thread, it wasn't that bad...I guess people took it the wrong way. :confused:

I take heat for one of two reasons:

#1) (The believable reason)
Probably because I sometimes make statements that seem to have no merit or basis in reality. Often this is because I am uneducated in the mag unvierse, and only have sen it from a distance with envy.

#2) (The real reason)
However, there is an alternate explanation. The fact is, Im a genius. Honestly. My thinking is lightyears ahead of most others, and they are jealous. They aren't jealous of my intelligence (they should be, but aren't) but jealous of the fact that Im not afraid to say stupid things, to find answers to dumb questions, rather than just lurking for seven months to find answers.

#3) (The believable real reason)
I am so totally uncool that youngsters hate me. They think that to be so uncool is useless, and I should go drop myself off a cliff, what use do I have? BUt in reality, I represent what all cool people will eventually become, a plump office worker supporting a family in a tiny house with a huge mortgage and no real freedom to play paintball and videogames 24x7. I am waht they fear becoming, thus, a target for those who have a "less responsability needed" lifestyle.

So, there are three plausible reasons for the vindictiveness.

Oh, and I have a temper too, and flamewars are hard to resist. I try my best though.

warbeak2099
06-19-2006, 10:27 PM
You're a troll. Bottomline. If you were cool, intelligent, or even close to mature, you'd stop acting like the children who chastise you. It's not funny, stop living in your own private joke.

http://home.comcast.net/~elzod/loser.jpg=jsdatjsd

slade
06-19-2006, 10:34 PM
You're a troll. Bottomline. If you were cool, intelligent, or even close to mature, you'd stop acting like the children who chastise you. It's not funny, stop living in your own private joke.
but didnt you hear? he made a funny he laughed at, and now hes happy.

SCpoloRicker
06-20-2006, 10:48 AM
#3) (The believable real reason)
I am so totally uncool that youngsters hate me. They think that to be so uncool is useless, and I should go drop myself off a cliff, what use do I have? BUt in reality, I represent what all cool people will eventually become, a plump office worker supporting a family in a tiny house with a huge mortgage and no real freedom to play paintball and videogames 24x7. I am waht they fear becoming, thus, a target for those who have a "less responsability needed" lifestyle.

Get the heck off my lawn!

/not plump, no family
//small house, huge mortgage

ttink
06-20-2006, 12:34 PM
What the hell is the point of this thread? You cannot seriously be asking if nailguns are field legal can you? Think about it NAIL (sharp projectile) GUN (something that shoots said sharp projectiles). Nailguns + people = bad, and i figured anyone could figure that out. I geuss not though...

Lohman446
06-20-2006, 12:36 PM
Its as legal as a large amount of my backup "markers" :D