PDA

View Full Version : How many of our regular posters don't play anymore?

punkncat
06-17-2006, 01:38 PM
Just curious to know how many of you don't play?

If not why do you come to a paintball forum?

FooTemps
06-17-2006, 01:47 PM
I don't play anymore.

Habit/To annoy people/postwhore/act silly/make 1 useful post a year

BobTheCow
06-17-2006, 01:51 PM
I used to play a lot more, and I used to post a lot more. It's now been nearly three years since I've played, due to money, time, and other priorities. I stick around because industry shenanigans interest me, and I've made some friends here that I like to keep up with.

That, and I'm an internet/forum whore, so AO gives me something to do. :)

REDRT
06-17-2006, 02:16 PM
I post more than I get to play these days, but I still play. I do however spend time at the pb work bench here at the house fine tuning and tinkering.

personman
06-17-2006, 03:08 PM
well i just played today for the first time in almost a year...

i come here because its kind of automatic. pretty much whenever i sit down at my computer i check my email, myspace, facebook, and AO. its burnt into my routine. honestly i wouldnt care if i didnt come here anymore but i just... cant... stop... :(

Pneumagger
06-17-2006, 03:25 PM
I play once every month or two. And it's Rec/outlaw ball mostly. This newfangled airball isn't my cup of tea. I still wear cammos.

3pac
06-17-2006, 03:28 PM
I used to play a lot more, and I used to post a lot more. It's now been nearly three years since I've played, due to money, time, and other priorities. I stick around because industry shenanigans interest me, and I've made some friends here that I like to keep up with.

That, and I'm an internet/forum whore, so AO gives me something to do. :)

Get some cash you poor guy! We need to teach pevs and hogback what emags can do....

Oh yea I'm one of those twice a month kinda people. Don't have the cash, usually dont have the time.

tyrion2323
06-17-2006, 04:27 PM
I don't know if I qualify as a regular poster (I have been on and off for near 4 years), but during the season, I play several times per week, and almost never during the off season.

Dubstar112
06-17-2006, 08:23 PM

I sold my last equipment about 2 years ago. I keep coming just because Ive been here so long to begin with, and I enjoy the atmosphere of this forum. I dont post on any other forums for any thing really.

RRfireblade
06-17-2006, 10:23 PM
Play pretty once a week.

Post alot less now tho , paintballs a whole lot more fun that way .:D

ICOM
06-18-2006, 08:20 PM
took a year off but got back into it this summer.

SpitFire1299
06-18-2006, 08:24 PM
I havent taken a break since i started(5 years strong). I play once a month at Least also. :D

quasimorte
06-18-2006, 08:30 PM
Get some cash you poor guy! We need to teach pevs and hogback what emags can do....

Oh yea I'm one of those twice a month kinda people. Don't have the cash, usually dont have the time.

don't worry i will be sporting an e-mag at the next big game at hogback, saw 2 other mags last time i went.

anyway
i try to play every week but end up playing every other week. post when i think i got something to say, not very often :)

3pac
06-18-2006, 08:37 PM
don't worry i will be sporting an e-mag at the next big game at hogback, saw 2 other mags last time i went.

anyway
i try to play every week but end up playing every other week. post when i think i got something to say, not very often :)

We'll have to arrange sometime to show up at hogback together then. When is the next big game so I can get some use out of my poor marker.

trevorjk
06-18-2006, 08:44 PM
this is a paintball forum?

paint magnet
06-18-2006, 08:46 PM
I haven't played in quite a while. I sold all my stuff that was just sitting around and kept the bare minimum that I needed (which, in retrospect, I should have done long ago anyway) and what wouldn't sell. I've still got my Mag and a Spyder I picked up as a loaner.

I don't play much anymore since the fields around here suck. My original hangout closed up shop about three years ago, after which I went to a great place run by a couple guys who started it so people would have somehwere decent to play that didn't cost an assload. Well, needless to say, they got bought out and long story short, it's now run by PBC. Due to all the "improvements" they've made (meaning now we have an X ball and a dirt field instead of the old setup, which was a ten-man hyperball, five-man hyperball, wall ball and airball courses) the air and field fees have doubled and tripled respectively, and no one hangs out there other than tourney players. That doesn't bother me so much as the fact that they only play on their own teams and only scrimmage other teams, so it's damn near impossible to get a walk-on game going.

firebanex
06-18-2006, 09:00 PM
i haven't really played in like.. 2 years.. i hang around cause i like this place, like reading all the disscussions about stuff. its fun, i still have my phantom but i have't shot anyone with it in a year.. oh well. oh yeah don't think i qualify as a regular poster anymore, but i log one a few times a day here, and have been around since.. whats my join date.. 2003?4?

Recon by Fire
06-18-2006, 09:45 PM
I haven't played in over a year but I aspire to again play one day, maybe... Why visit AO though? Because I like it, still have interest in paintball, and besides my AO subcription is paid up through the end of the year :rolleyes:

fire1811
06-18-2006, 10:03 PM
I have played 2 games this year and under a dozen last year.

I keep coming back probably mostly out of habit. But in general this is a good forum with a lot of good people.

I like to keep up to date on equipment still and you normally get a no BS review.

Dayspring
06-19-2006, 08:52 AM
Last time I played was back in November.

I went from every week to once every few months.

Why? $, fiancee, growing up, tourney ball not being as fun as it used to.

LudavicoSoldier
06-19-2006, 08:56 AM
I still play, albeit 3-4 times a year. I am addicted to gun tech. I love the guns more than I do actually playing. Booya.

Vendetta
06-19-2006, 08:57 AM
Twins have kept me form playing :wow:

tipp-ed off
06-19-2006, 09:53 AM
I play at least once a week. I go out of my way to play...No excuses.

Vendetta
06-19-2006, 09:57 AM
After 20 years, there isn't that urgency to play every week.

hitech
06-19-2006, 10:31 AM
Play pretty much once a week.

:p

I haven't played in quite awhile. But that is due to illness (not mine), and I should be able to play again soon. Now it's schedules...

ramennoodles
06-19-2006, 10:58 AM
I don't play anymore, I also don't have a real reason to come here.

-Isaac.

Pacifist_Farmer
06-19-2006, 11:16 AM
I noticed that my playing almost ceased as soon as I bought my mags. I spent more time tinkering with them than playing and buying different components, I spent all my Paintball money on gun parts.

Now I'm lucky if I get out once in two months.

Jonno06
06-19-2006, 12:00 PM
I play more now than I ever have before. :shooting:

gibby
06-19-2006, 12:00 PM
I stopped playing because things started to get ridiculous and the amount of money I uesed to spend in the sport was enough to get me thinking. Also, I've found other things to keep me busy which is just as enjoyable. For me, it's just a change of lifestyle that happens in everyone's lives.

As to why I come here...habit. Also, to stay somewhat informed with the PB world in case I may rediscover the sport again. Last time I played was about 2 months ago...before that, maybe 1.5 years ago.

athomas
06-19-2006, 12:07 PM
I play about every 2 weeks, I'd play every week, but my wife would frown upon it. :nono:

wjr
06-19-2006, 12:37 PM
I haven't played in quite a while. I sold all my stuff that was just sitting around and kept the bare minimum that I needed (which, in retrospect, I should have done long ago anyway) and what wouldn't sell. I've still got my Mag and a Spyder I picked up as a loaner.

I don't play much anymore since the fields around here suck. My original hangout closed up shop about three years ago, after which I went to a great place run by a couple guys who started it so people would have somehwere decent to play that didn't cost an assload. Well, needless to say, they got bought out and long story short, it's now run by PBC. Due to all the "improvements" they've made (meaning now we have an X ball and a dirt field instead of the old setup, which was a ten-man hyperball, five-man hyperball, wall ball and airball courses) the air and field fees have doubled and tripled respectively, and no one hangs out there other than tourney players. That doesn't bother me so much as the fact that they only play on their own teams and only scrimmage other teams, so it's damn near impossible to get a walk-on game going.

Are you talking about the the paintball spot in Rockhill, NC?

I play about once every two months. I don't play much in the summer though. It's way too hot in North Carolina.

knightlord
06-19-2006, 01:17 PM

I don't play anymore.. i come to keep updated on what's going on with ym Devil mag and few other things

jsdatjsd
06-19-2006, 09:32 PM
I played once in the last 8 years.

But, ,with luck, I will be once a month next year starting in april

punkncat
06-19-2006, 09:35 PM
I played once in the last 8 years.

But, ,with luck, I will be once a month next year starting in april

?

Does that even count as playing....lol

Steelrat
06-19-2006, 09:44 PM
Yesterday I played for the first time in over a year. It was a get together of AKA and AGD users, though strangely I was using a Blazer. It was fun going to a nice mech gun, as I did a lot less shooting and a lot more moving.

The wierdest part was looking over at the airball fields. With everyone using ramp, it just sounded, well, stupid. Nothing but guys raining paint all over the damn place. I played a few times, but I really enjoyed the woodsball games a lot more. I'm looking forward to playing several more times this year, though the whole speedball scene definately doesn't look like as much fun as it used to.

It also sucks that I moved away from a good group I used to play with. Until I find another here, it won't be nearly as much fun. Hanging out with friends is the best part of a day of paintball.

gibby
06-20-2006, 10:59 AM
Where did you move to SteelRat?

pito189
06-20-2006, 11:03 AM
I haven't played in almost a year and a half now. Gas, and always wanting to have the newest equipment ate all my money so I had to sell everything to pay for school and art supplies. Needless to say their has been quite a hole in my life for sometime now. :(

Riddler236
06-20-2006, 12:30 PM
These days, i play once or twice a month, if that. I have only been to a field once since IAO of last year. I do most of my playing in my buddy's woods. Casual, laid-back attitude from a bunch of guys with the same old-school outlook of putting fun first. Not to say we don't play hard. It's just different than what you get at a field. For example, I've been playing with my Sydarm lately. :)

SpecialBlend2786
06-20-2006, 12:54 PM
Havn't played in a long time....yet I still seem to be buying guns :confused:

AO is a habit I guess. Tried to kick it once and didn't work, so whatever lol.

mandatory
06-20-2006, 01:06 PM
I play every weekend, as i have for the past 16 months, sans my devilmag, or any automag for that matter(bummer). But thats about to change. my DM is supposedly being shipped tomarrow. but i definatly play more than i post.

Dryden
06-20-2006, 01:18 PM
Not playing anymore, or very rarely if that. My groups' annual big game that we've been going to for 15 years was even cancelled this year, so it sounds like we're done for good.

Too many other hobbies, wives, and kids, and not enough time.

But on the bright side, I'll get a ton of room back in my house since I'm liquidating all of my paintball stuff! :p

Indignant
06-20-2006, 01:21 PM
i don't, sadly. i want to. it isn't so much i DON'T play anymore it's that i can't since i'm broke as hell trying to get a nice camcorder. i just go out and photograph and every once in a while someone lends me their stuff for a round if i get good shots of them, haha.

omni
06-20-2006, 02:26 PM
I sold all my gear to pay for school. AGD sent me to school lol. All I do for sport now is ride my mtn bike.

Steelrat
06-20-2006, 03:21 PM
Where did you move to SteelRat?

Syracuse, NY. By my own choice, even ;)

jsdatjsd
06-20-2006, 07:30 PM
?

Does that even count as playing....lol

Yep, 8 years ago I played almost every weekend. I started playing at Hell Survivors with a pump, then moved to a small field near Saline Michigan.

So, yes, I was a regualr player at one time.

THe one time I did play in the last 8 years was at a company outing at spaltter park. I used a rental, and had tons of fun.

egb groupie
06-20-2006, 07:40 PM
I used to play 2-3 weekends a month until the home field shut down earlier this year. I now find myself going pretty much just to big games and 24 hour scenarios, it's enough to keep me happy (as well as saving me some money as well).

RoadDawg
06-22-2006, 12:22 AM
Haven't played in over a year.

Reason: I was w/o a marker for 5 months, then I got married, now I have a kid on the way, and it's too hot around here at the moment. (although I'm looking at playing at Shatnerball)

Still come here to keep up on the industry and all the over hyped items and how the game is falling into a deep abyss.

Aslan
06-25-2006, 12:05 PM
I haven't stopped playing, but I do find my self playing alot less than I would like. With the cost of the game and the cost of gas, it's just too expensive to play every month.

I have actually played more this year (so far) than ever...mainly because I've found a couple outback places to play and decent players actually motivated to show up. The cost has went from $85-$125 per day of play to $25-$45..which has allowed me to play closer to the once/month frequency.

The only problem is that my motorcycling time has went down a great deal...from like one ride per month to 1-2 per year. :cry:

lazebum
06-25-2006, 06:25 PM
Havent played a real game in about 3 years. but that is due to marrige, kids, and the military taking all my time. Just got a new valve and N2 tank so hopefully Ill be playing on the 16 at the big game here in socal at jungle island!

RoadDawg you soud like your from around here want to go?