PDA

View Full Version : Year for BPS Twister body??

SummaryJudgement
06-17-2006, 06:56 PM
Hey guys,

I recently got a BPS Twister cocker body and am assembling a new gun. It had all matching annoed parts (except backblock). I went and got a complete Belsales frontblock set-up for it, but it wont fit because the frontblock hole is way too small. Laughing I didn't even think about the body differences, stupid me. So I'm going to have to transfer all the parts from the frontblock they came onto my existing one. RED THREAD LOCKER!!! Everywhere. I'm sure I'll be able to get the parts out of the frontblock, I've only been successful with the ram so far.

So, what I need to know is:

Would the twister body be a pre-99, or 2k body type?

I got a freeflow bolt without paying attention and it's not the right length either Crying or Very sad

Pffft! I just got a little excited about a new project and didn't pay attention to anything. However, I now have some new parts for other "project" guns I never got around to finishing.

Any input would be appreciated.....

Yes, I know this is a Mag forum......

punkncat
06-17-2006, 07:23 PM
Freeflow bolts were commonly a "p block" length, actually shorter than stock bolts because of the modded body and back block on many later FF cockers.

Any stock bolt should work so long as you have the same year backblock. Easiest way to tell is that the older backblocks are thicker than the newer ones. The bolt is a touch longer for those.

On the front block, I know that the screw that holds it in changed from 99 and earlier to the 2K+ bodies. From what you are saying the body must be a 99 or earlier if memory serves me right.

SummaryJudgement
06-17-2006, 07:29 PM
That's what I was thinking too. I found another bolt I had from a newer body and it seems to fit, but I don't have a backblock that I've put on it yet. Thanks!

slade
06-17-2006, 07:33 PM
if you just bought the front block, check with the seller to see if it was pre2k or post 2k. the body is obviously the opposite.

or you can call boston paintball. the number is on www.bostonpaintball.com. personally id call framingham, youll either get T2 (anthony) or the other guy whos always there... anthony knows quite a bit and has a few BPS cockers himself.

oh, and... i demand pictures.

person1
06-17-2006, 08:12 PM
All of the BPS twisters i've seen for sale over the past few years have all been 98's or 99's, i didn't even know they made 2K+ versions

slade
06-17-2006, 08:13 PM
All of the BPS twisters i've seen for sale over the past few years have all been 98's or 99's, i didn't even know they made 2K+ versions
they probably didnt.

UThomas
06-18-2006, 11:30 AM
Most of the twisters were milled on 1998 bodies.

LudavicoSoldier
06-19-2006, 06:24 AM
Lets see pictures! A couple of the body kits I have purchased from BPS have tight tolerances, and needed their threads chased out with a tap.