PDA

View Full Version : I need a new gun

Chris_automag_07
06-17-2006, 11:00 PM
i sold my rt mag.......and now i havnt had a gun in a long time (besides a piranha...i [prefer a slingshot]) but anyway....i need to buy a new gun but i have no clue what to buy......suggestions....besides a mag.....because i need something more efficient.

tippmannsniper-
06-17-2006, 11:41 PM
how much you have for a new marker? what kind are u looking for ? what will u be using it for? flashy or too the point?

you have to give us some kind of clues to what you want

if u dont want something new, ill sell u y E2 vftactical upped out for 450

Chris_automag_07
06-18-2006, 02:00 AM
well....not to sound like my parents are buying this for me....but money is really no object (i have a job) and anyway...im not really looking for used but morely suggestions and what people have tried....more of a better electro thread....just so i know what to try out.

Coralis
06-18-2006, 02:43 AM
heck join the unwashed masses and get an ion

MoeMag
06-18-2006, 02:58 AM
I'm in the same situation, these are my choices.

1-EGO: I could not belive that thing... smooth as hell, efficent like none other, and FAST!
2-FEP Quest: Light, small, 8 o-rings (3 of which hold air), 1 moving part... not including the trigger.
3-ION: They really are nice little guns. Drop $400 into one and you have something equivenlent to the true high ends, and still $500 cheaper.

My $0.02

:cheers:

LS1 WS6
06-18-2006, 03:49 AM
Get a custom milled Viking. Very efficient markers, very fast, and very reliable. If you dont want used maybe a Cyborg. I have never used one but I hear they are very nice.

Cow hunter
06-18-2006, 11:17 AM
Get a custom milled Viking. Very efficient markers, very fast, and very reliable. If you dont want used maybe a Cyborg. I have never used one but I hear they are very nice.
beat me too it, as soon as i read "efficent" and "money is no object" i thought viking. borgs are awesome too. if you have money DO NOT buy an ion, its fine, but if you have money get something thats actually nice

Cyborg06
06-18-2006, 11:45 AM
Only Cyborg.

Right now you can get fully upgraded Sonic Cyborg for only $780. Or if you got cash get Cyborg 06 for $975.

After breaking in it shoots 2500 balls on 68/4500. Very low maintanance.

bentothejam1n
06-18-2006, 11:51 AM
Only Cyborg.

Right now you can get fully upgraded Sonic Cyborg for only $780. Or if you got cash get Cyborg 06 for $975.

After breaking in it shoots 2500 balls on 68/4500. Very low maintanance.
2500?? ive never heard that much. Mac Dev claims to get like 2000 off a 68/45

BD_Paintball
06-18-2006, 12:02 PM
you cant go wrong with a Ego, DM6, PM6, Quest, or borg. i would stay away from any angel, anything AKA, and e/x mags

psychowarden
06-18-2006, 12:17 PM
Get an X-mag :D You can never go wrong with those, and man are they purrty.

peewee
06-18-2006, 12:48 PM
Superstock AC can be found for about $400. Good efficiency , might take a little more maintenance than a mag but well worth it. Heck if you have the cash snag a new Karny. matty Marthal is selling his personal ( back-up) marker on ebay at the moment , no serial numbers, very rare.

maxama10
06-18-2006, 02:03 PM
Spyder Imagine I could get a friend to make you a deal for say 25 $ will out perfrom an Ion anyday :p HA

You think about devilmags at all? I dont know that much about highend electros but Ive always heard great things about vikings.....

ramennoodles
06-18-2006, 02:07 PM
He's not looking for any type of mag, at this time. Too inefficient.

-Isaac.

Cow hunter
06-18-2006, 02:50 PM
you cant go wrong with a Ego, DM6, PM6, Quest, or borg. i would stay away from any angel, anything AKA, and e/x mags
and your reasoning would be...?

BD_Paintball
06-18-2006, 03:48 PM
and your reasoning would be...? i assume you just thought of the "flavor of the month" markers and listed them...?
well i have played and have teammates with all the guns listed. those listed to get are the best on the market with new technology being used. the viking is outdated, heavy, loud, ugly looking marker, and AKA is dead. the mags are also very outdated and not air efficient at all if you dont have all day air. they also weigh alot and are over priced and AGD is pretty much dead also. you can get a marker that is A LOT better for the price of a e/x mag. i dont like the 3 tubes of an angel and the people that i know that had them had nothing but problems with them, and they knew how to take care of their stuff. So they are not some noobs that dont clean or take care of their markers. you may call it "flavor of the month" but i have personal experience with each and every marker listed. i never buy a marker b/c some pro is using it. i bought my pm5 b/c its a great gun and has everything that i look for in a marker. my brother got a pm6 b/c we have connections with proto and got an amazing price on it. i know alot of people on here love AGD and AKA but there are better guns on the market for the money.

mag_lover05
06-18-2006, 03:57 PM
anything dye/proto, i want a quest badly, and ego's are nice 2.

BigEvil
06-18-2006, 03:59 PM
FYI - you can buy used ANgels for very cheap nowadays. I picked up an 04 speed for a song

psychowarden
06-18-2006, 04:19 PM
BigEvil, you should post a video of your X-mag to show BD how "outdated" X-mags are.

BD_Paintball
06-18-2006, 04:21 PM
BigEvil, you should post a video of your X-mag to show BD how "outdated" X-mags are.
i have seen plenty of x/e mag vids i really dont need another. one day you will see the light

tyrion2323
06-18-2006, 06:35 PM
High End:
Freestyle 8 or 7
Ego
Cyborg
Viking
Intimidator
Angel

Mid-End:
Promaster
Ion
Older Angel

Chris_automag_07
06-18-2006, 10:34 PM
Spyder Imagine I could get a friend to make you a deal for say 25 $ will out perfrom an Ion anyday :p HA

You think about devilmags at all? I dont know that much about highend electros but Ive always heard great things about vikings.....

for one...you have yo give ions more credit than that( ihave shot one....kinda hard to get a rythym on but ok) and second......do you know the situation on d-mags,,,,,its a nightmere...i acctually considered it when they first introduced them....glad i changed my mind.

also.....who makes cyborg....i have seen many but im not familiar with them...and also what is the website for them.

Chris_automag_07
06-18-2006, 10:38 PM
well i have played and have teammates with all the guns listed. those listed to get are the best on the market with new technology being used. the viking is outdated, heavy, loud, ugly looking marker, and AKA is dead. the mags are also very outdated and not air efficient at all if you dont have all day air. they also weigh alot and are over priced and AGD is pretty much dead also. you can get a marker that is A LOT better for the price of a e/x mag. i dont like the 3 tubes of an angel and the people that i know that had them had nothing but problems with them, and they knew how to take care of their stuff. So they are not some noobs that dont clean or take care of their markers. you may call it "flavor of the month" but i have personal experience with each and every marker listed. i never buy a marker b/c some pro is using it. i bought my pm5 b/c its a great gun and has everything that i look for in a marker. my brother got a pm6 b/c we have connections with proto and got an amazing price on it. i know alot of people on here love AGD and AKA but there are better guns on the market for the money.

im not some noob that doesnt clean their equip... and newer mags arent heavy...where have you been...my last one weight 2.0 pounds with the barrel.

mag_lover05
06-18-2006, 10:45 PM
macdev makes cyborgs. i say go for anything AKA, they rock.

but i still want a quest!!!! :headbang: :shooting:

ttink
06-18-2006, 10:50 PM
also.....who makes cyborg....i have seen many but im not familiar with them...and also what is the website for them.Mac Dev, mac dev.net (http://www.macdev.net/)

ramennoodles
06-18-2006, 10:57 PM
Get a tippmann with an e-bolt!

-Isaac.

Chris_automag_07
06-18-2006, 11:04 PM
Get a tippmann with an e-bolt!

-Isaac.

winner! :headbang:

(you should open up a paintball field at your new location)

ramennoodles
06-18-2006, 11:07 PM
OMGZ!!! All the people I've met are like "Man I love paintball, like to shoot dogs and ****!!!" and I'm like, "Uhhh......"

-Isaac.

psychowarden
06-18-2006, 11:38 PM
i have seen plenty of x/e mag vids i really dont need another. one day you will see the light

I already have seen the light, I own an X-mag. And this is starting to turn into a flame war...so...after this last immature comment by me, lets be sensible guys about this, and respect each others oppinion.