PDA

View Full Version : In line reg

Ishootyouinthewoods
06-18-2006, 04:51 PM
I have a ULE mag w/ Xvalve with just about a case through it. I am still getting a signifigant jump in FPS between shot. I do know there is a break in period but I am curious about putting an inline reg where the forgrip is. Will this work? What should I set the reg at? Anybody find a reg that works well on mags? As long as we are on this area of the marker, I have a fifteen degree ASA facing foward. Is it possible to turn it around so I is facing toward me, giving it a more ergonomic look and feel, somewhat like a Karnivor? There is also a hex screw on the left hand side of the ASA can I remove the hex screw and put a gague in there to regulate the pressure going into the marker?

Thanks

flyingpootang
06-18-2006, 06:20 PM
1) To chrono your marker: http://www.airgun.com/rtchrono.shtml
2) Do not use a secondary reg it's a waste of money. The Xvalve needs at least 850-900 psi to operate.
3) Yes you can turn around your fore grip
4) Yes you can put a gauge on your ASA's other hole. It's already tapped for 1/8" pipe thread

athomas
06-19-2006, 11:46 AM
I am still getting a signifigant jump in FPS between shot.

Thanks

Is that only while you are firing it or after it sits a while?

If the high velocity is noticed after the gun sits for a while, then you have a faulty regulator seat oring.

If the velocity increases as you increase your rate of fire, then you have a high input pressure and the valve is heating the air due to an extremely high recharge rate. This is normal for retro valves but less likely to be as noticable with level 10 bolts due to their higher chamber pressure. Chrono using the AGD chrono method if this is what you are experiencing.

Definately stay away from putting an inline regulator on a mag. Mags already have a regulator built in, plus there is one on your bottle. Another one would just add a restriction to your air supply and would actually hinder the performance of your mag.

Ishootyouinthewoods
06-19-2006, 09:35 PM
Is that only while you are firing it or after it sits a while?

When I'm at a steady 1-2 pulls per second.

athomas
06-20-2006, 05:22 AM
What does it do when it sits for a while? Is the first shot hot?

Ishootyouinthewoods
06-20-2006, 09:05 PM
What does it do when it sits for a while? Is the first shot hot?

Not particulary but, yes sometimes it is a hot shot. Between 290 and 330-40.

athomas
06-21-2006, 05:22 AM
Check the consistency of your paint. Inconsistent paint can cause velocity fluctuations. Take the valve apart and give it a good cleaning. There is a possibility that there is a piece of dirt stuck in an oring. Inspect the orings for damage while they are out.

Ishootyouinthewoods
06-21-2006, 06:58 PM
I have been concious of matching paint to bore. The maker was just assembled and I played less than two games. Lets say the o-rings are ok (checking it tonight), what else could be causing the fluxuations? What about the break in period? How many rounds are we talking? I have no problem wasteing a case of white box in the backyard......

BTW I appreciate everyones help :cheers:

athomas
06-22-2006, 04:38 PM
The break-in period is more for level 10 consistency at lower force (longer spring) settings. I have never had issues concerning break-in with a new mag valve by itself.

Just because a valve is new, doesn't mean it can't have issues. My first automag had big velocity fluctuation issues right out of the box. I think it may have been a piece of dirt, because it worked like a charm after I cleaned it. A piece of dirt could easily be introduced through the airline.

Ishootyouinthewoods
06-23-2006, 07:19 PM
Thanks man. I'm gonna break her down and give a good cleaning and check those o-rings. I'll pm you when I cant put it back together. :D