PDA

View Full Version : I'm new to the Mag universe

paintballfiend
06-19-2006, 02:05 AM
I have been playing for about 3 years and love this sport. Right now I am working with an upgraded Spyder Rodeo. For a graduation present i asked for a new marker. Naturally, i was going for a cocker, since everyone and there momma has one. However, on pbreview.com a came over some mags. I instatly feel in love. Now I need help picking a mag. I'm a rec player, so i won't be in any tournaments any time soon. Any suggestions on a marker and some upgrades for it?

RingOfScale
06-19-2006, 03:02 AM
I have been playing for about 3 years and love this sport. Right now I am working with an upgraded Spyder Rodeo. For a graduation present i asked for a new marker. Naturally, i was going for a cocker, since everyone and there momma has one. However, on pbreview.com a came over some mags. I instatly feel in love. Now I need help picking a mag. I'm a rec player, so i won't be in any tournaments any time soon. Any suggestions on a marker and some upgrades for it?

Price range? Idealy you'd want an RT Custom. Youd need an HPA tank and all sorts of stuf if you don't already have it, and would run up over 700 dollars for the whole setup.

If you don't have that, you could get a classic mag now with a co2 tank and upgrade parts later, but in the long run that'd be more expensive.

11 Bravo
06-19-2006, 08:13 AM
Which one did you fall in love with on PBreview? Thats the one you should get.

PumpPlayer
06-19-2006, 09:14 AM
What do you like about it? That someone else said it was a good marker? That the picture looks cool?

PBReview has its uses but I certainly wouldn't use it to shop on. Everything gets at least a 9 no matter what.
Let yourself be the final judge.

Check out the BST for some good deals and check out the AGD dealers around this site.

When dealing with any 'mag at all, spend your money on a good barrel, tank and loader first before worrying about "upgrades". Most such upgrades are purely cosmetic or comfort-related and do very little to improve the actual performance of the marker. Don't go upgrade-crazy.

Check out airgun.com and read the instruction manual before you ever buy it. If you know how it works and what can go wrong with them, you'll be better prepared to know what you're looking for.

Good luck.

paintballfiend
06-19-2006, 12:16 PM
What do you like about it? That someone else said it was a good marker? That the picture looks cool?

PBReview has its uses but I certainly wouldn't use it to shop on. Everything gets at least a 9 no matter what.

Check out the BST for some good deals and check out the AGD dealers around this site.

When dealing with any 'mag at all, spend your money on a good barrel, tank and loader first before worrying about "upgrades". Most such upgrades are purely cosmetic or comfort-related and do very little to improve the actual performance of the marker. Don't go upgrade-crazy.

Check out airgun.com and read the instruction manual before you ever buy it. If you know how it works and what can go wrong with them, you'll be better prepared to know what you're looking for.

Good luck.

What really impressed me was the simplycity of the gun, and that it actually had real enginners design it. Also, i didn't want to be just another cocker or ion owner.

wjr
06-19-2006, 12:33 PM

Good luck.

I look at pbreview before I buy stuff. While the actual rating may always be high, people always list several problems.

goodmags
06-19-2006, 02:33 PM
does it really matter if you buy this equip new or used from a place like ebay? i'd love to get some more stuff msyelf but dont have the money for new stuff?

geekwarrior
06-19-2006, 02:37 PM
does it really matter if you buy this equip new or used from a place like ebay? i'd love to get some more stuff msyelf but dont have the money for new stuff?

ebay is great, the buy/sell forum here is good too. As much as I'd like to support AGD, if your on a budget, used is much better/cheaper. Just make sure whoever you buy it from has good feedback, and make sure you know what your getting.

Welcome to AO

trev_pbller
06-19-2006, 02:42 PM
Mags are awesome guns, I love them. The forum here is a good place for info, the first place I came back when I bought my first gun. My first one was an RT Pro. Tunaman is the MAN when it comes to dealers on AO, he can build you anything. If I were you, I'd have him make a classic valved ULE mag for your first one, or something of that nature to keep it simple and keep the cost down. You can always change the valve later. Talk to Tuna before you talk to anyone else and see if he can assist you.