PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with 68 Classic

Jenkins
06-19-2006, 02:20 PM
I have a tournament saturday, a 3 man, and I have a 68 Classic with an intelliframe and Lvl 10, and I use compressed air (88/4500). Since I got it, I have only had trouble a few times. Normally I wouldn't have thought twice about it, but with the tournament saturday it's starting to bother me. The problem is that sometimes when I gas up my marker, I pull the trigger and after a few shots I get a "ffffp" and everytime I pull the trigger after that nothing happens. Other times, it will shoot okay until I start shooting fast, then I will notice it start to do the same thing, and sometimes it stops shooting then. Everytime this has happened I have been able to just de-gas it (I have a uni-mount), once or twice, maybe a few times on occasion, and then it would work fine. I have never been able to figure out what causes this, even though I have asked a few people at my field. The gun is old but it has been taken well care of. If anyone could help me figure out what is doing this or tell me how to find out, it would be greatly appreciated.

Could this be the "chuffing" I read of in another thread, caused by a weak bolt spring?

Also, the velocity may be going way up or down when this happens, but I am not totally positive about that yet.

Asym
06-19-2006, 03:26 PM
Preset tank with a pinvalve? If it is don't tighten down that pin valve all the way, tighten all the way then back it back out half a turn. The pin valves restrict airflow if tightened all the way down, at least it does on my tanks. Works fine the first few shots because theres air, after a few shots it recharges very slow so you get the shootdown or no shot, degasing opens the flow when your turning it back on.

paintman1142
06-19-2006, 03:29 PM
Adjust your level 10

Jenkins
06-19-2006, 03:51 PM
I have a CP Uni-mount, so I screw my tank in and turn the knob, so I can't be turning it in too much, and my lvl was installed and tuned by AGD so I doubt its that. I'm thinking of taking it all apart and having a look, but I really have no idea what to look for.

Asym you're not the first person to tell me to unscrew the tank a little, so I'll make sure I'm carefull about that when I test it later.

If anyone has anymore suggestions I'd love to hear them

Aslan
06-24-2006, 01:43 PM
Sounds like you're just short stroking. With your setup, the trigger is far from walkable.