PDA

View Full Version : Forum Layout

LawFox32
12-21-2001, 08:12 PM
Hey I have looked around the web, and have found a lot of forums w/ just about the sme layout-design as AO. Are were copying or are we being copied, Mods?

Just tellin my part

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
12-21-2001, 10:12 PM
They are all basicaly the same layout. If you look at some of the other forums they are ran by the exact same server. Like some tabs may be the exact same but the color/page properties. I'm not exactly sure what this is but there is some that are like vBULLeTiN and there are some more.

Chaos
12-22-2001, 02:25 AM
AO has the very basic layout of Vbulletin (the forums software), webby hasn't changed it at all, which since this is the preset layout EVERY vBulletin forum has this look unless changed. And AO is very new in the line of websites go, if anything is similar AO is a copy because the site hasn't even looked like this for a year....

shartley
12-22-2001, 07:43 AM
Very correct... most all of the layouts are similar, if not exactly the same. Many of the top forums use the same server software (as others have pointed out), so they are bound to look the same.

When this new forum went up, an offer was made to provide Webby with new buttons and such, that would be more AO and Paintball oriented. This offer was made out of kindness and because the individual realized how busy Webby always states that he is, so it would have been *helping* him.

This offer was refused. It was stated that he (Webby) was working on it, and did not need or want any help. Ahh, such is the way of things. ;)

But yes, that is why they all look about the same. :D