pump
06-20-2006, 10:32 PM
well i bought one from someone here i forget

this weekend i installed it into 2 different AIR valved mags

i can say that it does make the trigger lighter and shorter, probably walkable

but on both mags it barely pushes back with enough pressure
i have 2 reasons why
the pin is too thin by about a .003 and too short by .003
just estamations, but the teflon oring doesnt seal as well on the pin as stock and sputters if i hold the trigger down on used orings

so im gonna try and ghetto lather a new pin out of a stock pin and see how that works

lots of potential with a benchmark 45 frame

Pneumagger
06-20-2006, 11:39 PM
The hyper frame on off is very similar to the RT on offs. Just ever so slightly smaller so the pull force is a teeny bit lighter.

Try dropping a Emag or RT on/off in the Classic valve. Lightens the pull by alot.

pump
06-20-2006, 11:48 PM
yeah i hear the RTpro fits well

if i can find one for cheep ill get one

pump
06-21-2006, 06:43 PM
well today i matched up what teflon orings i had to the pin that came with the hyperframe on off and tried it out on my mag with a beat to hell pro team 45 frame

hey!!!! its working............WELL!!!!!!

some short stokeing especially when its rapid fireing, not one of those shots is a full one
i made the trigger as short as possible and that helped the short strokeing

i might put a spring behing the pin to push my finger all the way forward fully

but i might not need to because when i do full pulls its shooting properly
and the pull is shorter and lighter............its walkable!!!!!

but i need a double trigger, i got one of those old 45 mag frame triggers for cocker double triggers so i just need to find or make a double tirgger, i might make a stick trigger hehehehehe!!!!!!

i actualy wouldnt mind making a complete trigger with a thicker plate to reduce slop

so once i get a double trigger ill post again and let you guys know how it worked

then the next step would be to make it faster

pump
06-27-2006, 01:38 AM
well this past weekend i took it to the feild to figure out the problems i was having
even had Matty Marshall shoot it, he loves mags, it was his first gun, so we had old school mag loving time

i got the trigger really light, but its pull was inconsistant with short strokeing because of not enough force of the on off pin pushing the trigger closed

so i tried by adjusting the rod to see if that helped nothing, but it was better the shorter the rod, but didnt cure the poor reset

what i did next is total AGD blasphemy, i polished my sear.............im sorry

but IT WORKED, with the reduction of friction the hypervalve pin and push the sear closed much easier!!!!!!

i can easily walk the gun, with a single trigger
and
i can rapid fire the gun pretty fast

problems i do have is i Still get the occasional autoresponse with the pin pushing the sear closed and the bolt slipping off and fireing, but its not as bad as before, and happens much less

and my other problem is trying to find a double trigger shoe for this thing

the pin is kinda short and i think it will cause problems sealing the dump chamber so im gonna try and make one

and i think the flow to the gun is hampered

now i need to address these issues after i get the gun in a proper setup and play to see what rof i get shootdown

but im very pleased!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WALKABLE AIR VALVED MAG BABY!!!!!!!!!

Coralis
06-27-2006, 03:59 PM
Look here for some inspiration http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=99593&highlight=drilling+sear

pump
06-28-2006, 06:07 AM
thanks, neato info

but i no longer have any short strokeing, WOOT!!!!!!

but polishing triggers is bad Tom Kaye says, so ill have to find a way to harden mine, or have one made thats polished and hardened

StygShore
06-28-2006, 07:50 AM
What do you mean by you have a walkable trigger if it is a single trigger setup?

Styg

pump
06-28-2006, 07:53 AM
im walking a single trigger, its not pretty or easy, but once i can find me a double trigger shoe this should be a piece of cake

Pagan
06-29-2006, 02:44 AM
im walking a single trigger, its not pretty or easy, but once i can find me a double trigger shoe this should be a piece of cake

Try ebay..

pump
06-29-2006, 02:48 AM
duh..........shoosh before your pump mag gets a shorter smoother lighter trigger!!!!!!!!!

wait thats not much of a threat...... doh

pump
08-13-2006, 06:11 PM
well hi everyone!

i was getting a weird double fire from my gun......and at times slight short strokeing....i thought i cured it by polishing the sear.

i figured out that the on off pin was too short. the bolt would get pressured too early within the trigger release, jamming the trigger, so when it was released again the bolt would slip off the sear shooting it in a AutoResponce style

i checked my friends pump mag and the Hyperframe and RT pins are very close
with the RT pin having a thicker bottom part, and a ticker top. which is good because the Hyperframe's on off pin was too thin for the top part, making me find the tightest one possible for a seal.

so i ordered a RT on off .770 pin from Tunaman
because the hyperframe oin just short of .750 maybe .748 was too short, also after polishing the sear i would need more length

well i recieved the pin...WORKS splendidly cured my bolt issues/double fire
using it in a hyperframe on off....fits tight but it fits well
on off body had a burr not allong it to fit inside slight fileing of the hole to remove the burr fixed that

also oring in the on off body is tight, im looking for a replacement oring, if i cannot find one ill polish the pin untill its not as tight

but again works fine without any polishing...just not as a light pull as stock hyperframe on off

so its not as walkable as it was....so im hopeing the oring replacement or pin polishing helps

pump
08-13-2006, 10:29 PM
polished the on off pin.....much lighter pull...but strangely i get less return force

maybe the reduction of volume or surface area? or maybe friciton?

oh well ill put a magnet return